Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2017, 09:03 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Illinois
THOR #7085
2018 Delivery Schedule

Just heard today that our Miramar 35.2 was pushed back to a Sept. delivery. 3 weeks ago we were told late July-early August when we ordered. Said they haven't finished up with the 2017s and they are trying to tighten Quality Control.
DRATS....putting mildly!!
Michael

Old 05-12-2017, 09:40 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Don't be "too" frustrated if it means better QC...

Of course you won't have six dozen loose screws rattling around your coach...
Old 05-13-2017, 01:36 AM   #3

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
Trust me when I say you want them to push it back and do it right. They built so much crap this year rushing to get product out the door they are overwhelmed, and customer satisfaction is probably at an all time low for Thor. We took delivery of our new one in March and they didn't even build on the right chassis... that's how pathetic their QC was this year. Almost every water fitting leaked, the fresh water tank was missing areas of plastic and wouldn't hold a full tank of water, one of the interior walls was only half fastened, the p-trap in the bathroom sink fell off on the way home, only half the interior was done in leather, they forgot to install the spare tire, the roof had air bubbles in the dicor, trim moldings fell off, the wiring for the control panel was lying in the top drawer and needed zip tied to keep it out of the drawer...

but she sure is purdy! been a long couple months but I've fixed most of this myself..

oh yeah, the steering was off center and the local RV Fleet Service center hooked me up with camber/caster cams and alignment for a reasonable price as that is not a warranty item.

The slide seal was not installed in the retainer track, there are gouges in the slide, I noticed tonight the corner trim on the slide is falling off and needs glued...

I'm sure I've missed some things but this is all because of their greed and poor management of the company. They oversold what they were capable of producing and maintaining a level of quality. There are always things that good through the plant that needs fixed, but this year went beyond acceptable. Some were lucky but many are disappointed this year.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:10 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartzees View Post
Just heard today that our Miramar 35.2 was pushed back to a Sept. delivery. 3 weeks ago we were told late July-early August when we ordered. Said they haven't finished up with the 2017s and they are trying to tighten Quality Control.
Michael
The 2018 Miramar is a totally different coach from the 2017s. All new multiplex electrical system (FireFly) as well as different house structure. The new house is is the first using the new design architecture.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:47 PM   #5

Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Florida
THOR #6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartzees View Post
Michael
Wow, that is disappointing. We ordered our 2018 Miramar 35.3 back in mid February. It will be 13 weeks this coming up Friday. I have plans for July 4th so I was really hoping it would be done by then.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:49 PM   #6

THOR #6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
The 2018 Miramar is a totally different coach from the 2017s. All new multiplex electrical system (FireFly) as well as different house structure. The new house is is the first using the new design architecture.
I knew about the multiplex system but didn't know about the different house structure. I guess that makes sense because the 2018s are 2" taller than the 2017s.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:56 PM   #7

THOR #6451
What date did you order your 35.2?
Old 05-15-2017, 08:01 PM   #8

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
Don't be "too" frustrated if it means better QC...

Of course you won't have six dozen loose screws rattling around your coach...
only 72 screws? You came out light! I've pulled out cups of them and still find some now and then
Old 05-15-2017, 08:02 PM   #9

THOR #7085
I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, and in the mean time we still have our ACE29.2 to use til we trade it in. Guess it'll have a few extra miles on it at trade in time.
I did hear they dropped the mirrored upper wall cabinets and are using a Lippert tilting bed, and 2 full extension drawers will be below the induction cooktop. It is also my understanding that it will have a micro/convection/fan above the cooktop as well as another ceiling fan in the kitchen area.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:46 PM   #10

THOR #7085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalgator View Post
What date did you order your 35.2?
a month ago...4/13. We were originally told it would be mid to late July. I need to believe it'll well worth the wait...please??!!??!
Old 05-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #11

THOR #6451
We ordered our 35.3 on February 17th. I was told by a Thor rep that he saw our Motorhome last week when he was in Indiana. He said it was getting the cabinets and appliances installed when he saw it so hopefully we will get it soon. We ordered with the full body paint and I know they send the motorhomes to a different location to get painted. My salesman said there was a delay in the cabinetry. I know the 2018s are 2 inches taller so the upper cabinets needed to be modified.