Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-02-2022, 09:33 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
What do folks have for boondocking ceramic and catalytic propane heater?

We have a Mr. Buddy propane. Only used outside but some of these can be used inside coach

https://www.doityourselfrv.com/best-...m_medium=email

Anyone use these?
Welcome to the Home of the CAT! Unique automatic thermostatic controlled fail-safe 12Vdc power vented catalytic heaters.

THE PLATINUM CAT's unique features set it apart from all other space heaters.There is simply nothing like it in the world.

* Unique Power Exhaust controls RV moisture buildup and causes automatic room air changes.

* Unique Automatic Operation means No flash, No flame, safe operation, and wall thermostat control convenience.

Energy conserving, efficient, and convenient heating, it is the perfect answer to reducing costs and solving heating problems without sacrificing safety, efficiency, and convenience.

Old 03-02-2022, 10:58 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Used to use a Coleman catalytic heater years ago when we had a pop-up. The cloth walls of the PUP had enough holes that I didn't have to worry much about oxygen depletion or getting the water vapor from the heater out. That one being vented likely takes care of those issues though.

These days, solar on the roof and the furnace does the trick most of the time. If it's too cloudy to recharge, a few hours of generator time during the day takes care of it.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:35 PM   #3

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
I own a Mr. Heater, the Buddy model. It is listed in the company specs as indoor safe with a tip over switch and low oxygen sensor. I got the unit for use in my ice fishing shanty, and it works great. I wouldn't be afraid to use it for heat in our house if we lost power during the winter. I also wouldn't be afraid to use it in the MH as long as couple of windows are cracked for ventilation.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 12:21 AM   #4

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
I own a Mr. Heater, the Buddy model. It is listed in the company specs as indoor safe with a tip over switch and low oxygen sensor. I got the unit for use in my ice fishing shanty, and it works great. I wouldn't be afraid to use it for heat in our house if we lost power during the winter. I also wouldn't be afraid to use it in the MH as long as couple of windows are cracked for ventilation.
Good to know
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote