Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2020, 04:46 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #9060
Electrical Harness

My rear lights don’t work. I can’t find an RV mechanic available to help me with this issue. An auto mechanic thinks I need a new electrical harness. Thor is slow to respond, and I’ve been told it could take months to get the part. Has anyone had this issue with their Thor and could offer suggestions?

Old 09-29-2020, 08:57 AM   #2

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patio Cafe View Post
My rear lights don’t work. I can’t find an RV mechanic available to help me with this issue. An auto mechanic thinks I need a new electrical harness. Thor is slow to respond, and I’ve been told it could take months to get the part. Has anyone had this issue with their Thor and could offer suggestions?
You need a new auto mechanic. There is nothing special about an RV. Car, Truck, Bus. Boat, Rv. All the exact same thing. Harnesses don't go bad. Just the connections or the fudes do.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:42 PM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Or maybe it got pinched or cut somehow. In any event the previous post is right - you need a new mechanic. Too many these days want to just start replacing stuff usually a great cost (and mark up). Wires are insanely low tech and super easy to repair. Virtually no cost for parts and with a skilled troubleshooter it shouldn’t take too long to track down the problem. Rear lights especially are easy. Good luck
Old 09-29-2020, 01:55 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patio Cafe View Post
My coach uses a complete rear harness installed in the rear cap before the cap is installed onto the house. There is a 16 pin connector where the rear cap harness plugs into the chassis harness. Since the plug is in the left rear part of the chassis it gets wet and dirty and is subject to flying debris from the tires. That is where I would start looking.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 03:28 PM   #5

Model: SYNERGY
State: California
THOR #15407
I don't know what unit that you have but we have a Synergy.
Ours went out and I found a relay loose in the fuse panel below drivers seat.
Took it out and put it back in and all is good.
Hope yours is a simple as this.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:34 AM   #6

State: Colorado
THOR #9060
Thank you

Thank you for all of your suggestions. I will be troubleshooting these areas tomorrow and hope that it is something that’s been overlooked.