Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2020, 10:46 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude 34SV
State: Arizona
THOR #19757
2020 Magnitude Question

Picked up a 2020 Magnitude 34SV and for the life of me I cannot find the water valve to the fridge ice-maker. I removed the panel under the stove. Can clearly see a t-intersection for the cold running to the sink and The other blue line going behind the fridge.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:52 PM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Texas
THOR #16693
If it's like my BH35, and the refrigerator is above a drawer, it's behind the drawer. Hope you have an arm that's about 4 feet long
cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:33 PM   #3

Model: SV34
State: Oregon
THOR #20521
I have the same rig and same issue. I haven’t checked but was thinking it was behind the fridge. Let me know if you find out where it is. Thanks, I’ll do the same!
Old 09-14-2020, 05:22 PM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I have a 2020 Magnitude SV34 and it was not plumbed with a shut-off valve for the Ice Maker water line. I actually had Thor add it when I had it in Wakarusa last October for some warranty work.

Maybe they started adding them per the Whirlpool installation recommendations but there was not one installed on my SV34.

Just an FYI.... I was having a water leak behind the fridge and assumed it was the Ice Maker water line (that was one of the reasons I asked Thor to install the shut-off valve). Thor thought they fixed the leak but did not know for sure because it was already below freezing and they didn't want to un-winterize it. They used compressed air and it appeared to be holding. This spring I was still having a water leak from behind the fridge after un-winterizing the coach.... but and at least I could shut off the ice maker water.

When my warranty work appointment at the dealer got postponed because of COVID back in April I pulled the fridge myself. Turns out it was not anything Thor did but it was actually a Whirlpool manufacturing issue. When they installed the water line from the ice maker to the relay, the flexible PVC tubing was not pushed in far enough to the auto-locking fitting. Thor's plumbing to the relay was tight but once the relay opened for water to fill the ice maker, it would start to leak under pressure (that is why Thor didn't find it with just compressed air). Once I seated the flexible tubing properly and locked it into place, the leak stopped.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:08 PM   #5

Model: XG-32
State: Texas
THOR #19089
Ice maker valve

My cutoff was above the panel in the double door cabinet below the cook top. Easy to get to.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:26 AM   #6

Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_and_Little_Dog View Post
Picked up a 2020 Magnitude 34SV and for the life of me I cannot find the water valve to the fridge ice-maker. I removed the panel under the stove. Can clearly see a t-intersection for the cold running to the sink and The other blue line going behind the fridge.
I am not sure if I want to drink the water or use ice made from it. The biggest issue to me is the different water sources we use. State camp grounds, RV parks, small town water systems, old lead pipes, and water from RV Dumps. So I take bottled water, and buy bags of ice. Had RV's for years and never used water in the tanks for cooking, drinking, or ice. Hopefully I am not being to worried. I am not a germaphobe. Bottled water and bagged ice is cheap enough.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:19 AM   #7

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by XG32owner View Post
My cutoff was above the panel in the double door cabinet below the cook top. Easy to get to.
Thanks for that information, I am going to have to winterize my XG32 soon.
One question. How do you get the water out of the ice maker line when winterizing?

Tags
34sv, ice maker, ice-maker