Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2017, 01:44 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Who uses the BLUETOOTH PHONE option on their AXXERA ?

Is anyone using their AXXERA BLUETOOTH PHONE option (with the dash mounted microphone)?

I have tried it once and was not impressed with it. My microphone has become "detached" from our dash and instead of remounting, thinking about just putting it back in the dash (or unhooking it from the radio all together)

I have set up our GARMIN RV760 for BLUETOOTH PHONE, and it seems to work better than the AXXERA, but thought I would ask you with more experience than me what you thought.

Also thinking of removing the HDMI/USB outlet from the AXXERA and replacing with two USB outlets tied to the key...

Old 08-29-2017, 01:51 AM   #2

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
Is anyone using their AXXERA BLUETOOTH PHONE option (with the dash mounted microphone)?

I have tried it once and was not impressed with it. My microphone has become "detached" from our dash and instead of remounting, thinking about just putting it back in the dash (or unhooking it from the radio all together)

I have set up our GARMIN RV760 for BLUETOOTH PHONE, and it seems to work better than the AXXERA, but thought I would ask you with more experience than me what you thought.

Also thinking of removing the HDMI/USB outlet from the AXXERA and replacing with two USB outlets tied to the key...
Use it all the time when I back into a site DW is on cell phone guiding me I

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:36 AM   #3

State: Oregon
THOR #6934
At first mine did not work at all, but then after I got a new phone, it works great.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:50 AM   #4

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: South Carolina
THOR #8704
My iPhone works great on my 2017 Vegas.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:19 AM   #5

State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will try to get it working better this time...

Maybe it was just the looks of the "microphone" that made me doubt its functionality
Old 08-29-2017, 04:08 AM   #6

Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #8249
In my unit, the Mike is a bit far away for the people on the other end of the call to hear very well. You are also competing withe the cab noise when going down the road. Mine works as designed, just not a good place for Mike placement.
Wrpt58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:34 AM   #7

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post

AXXERA is crap. My touch screen is bad and HDMI in doesn't work. Not to mention screen sucks. Another THOR cheap shortcut to make money.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:45 AM   #8

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I have a suction cup phone holder mounted on top of the dash. If I receive a call I just put it on speaker phone. Same thing with backing in to our spot at home, put the phone on speaker and can get directions from my wife hands free.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:30 PM   #9

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
I moved the microphone to the top of the dash, slightly left of center (to get it as far away from the doghouse noise as practical) and use it when calls are made. Otherwise, we use the BT Audio option for the GPS and music while traveling down the road.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:42 PM   #10

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
I moved my microphone also. Moved it to a storage container with misc parts. It never worked that well. I just use my cells with speaker on. Most times if im driving i dont anwser the phone unless i know whos calling and i want to speak to them.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:52 PM   #11

Model: Axis 25.1
THOR #2792
Bluetooth

It works great for us on our Thor Axis 2016.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:56 PM   #12

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Been using ours for the last 31 months and 35000 miles - works great.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:33 PM   #13
TLH

THOR #9018
We have the Axxera in an Ace 2018. Trying to connect my phone for Apple Music , no luck.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:57 PM   #14

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLH View Post
We have the Axxera in an Ace 2018. Trying to connect my phone for Apple Music , no luck.
Does it not pair or can't you hear the music from iTunes? If the second, you need to go to the Axxera menu and select Bluetooth Audio, not the phone icon. If it won't pair, I would start over on your iPhone or iPad. It should discover the Axxera as "Dual BT" and allow you to pair it.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:10 AM   #15

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Minnesota
THOR #4198
I used the Bluetooth a couple of times with the AXXERA radio and was not impressed. While driving it seems to pick up all of the background noise.

I use an Android phone, so what I did is set the phone so that it only connects to the AXXERA for media. No phone service etc. I also have a Plantronics headset that I use a lot. So I use that for the phone part.

To connect you need to connect the phone to the radio first, then power up the headset and life is good. The only drawback is that passengers cannot be part of the conversation, but that is a minor issue. With the headset noise cancellation is great and you can carry on a normal conversation and it is still hands free of course. Anything you are streaming at the time stops and starts again when the call ends.

Using the AXXREA for phone calls is a non-starter with all of the background noise.

John
RadioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:19 AM   #16

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
RadioRanger: John, same experience in my ACE. I can hear the other person great, but they can't hear me, I think because of a combination of background noise and too far from the mic.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:22 AM   #17

Model: Four winds 26b
THOR #6565
I've connected my phone by bluetooth just about every trip and never had a problem with hearing the person on the other end and they all could hear me just fine. I do have to raise my voice when going the road but I don't have to scream at all.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:52 AM   #18

Model: FourWinds 24 F
THOR #9037
Jabra Motion

Cant speak to any of the in dash units, as I am just looking into RVing, but I have used a Jabra Motion earpiece for a few years and it works great. I can talk for at least 6 hours on a charge, and the noise cancellation is amazing. I've used it in a factory where the equipment was so loud I had to plug my other ear with my finger. The person I was talking to was asking why I was yelling, because they couldn't hear any equipment, only my voice.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:30 PM   #19

Model: Miramar 35.2
THOR #7232
Anyone have their AXXERA radio (2017 ACE 29.4) completely stop working? Seems it's not getting power. I checked all the fuses, both chassis and RV.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #20

Model: Four Winds 22B
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsimp123 View Post
Anyone have their AXXERA radio (2017 ACE 29.4) completely stop working? Seems it's not getting power. I checked all the fuses, both chassis and RV.
Just a quick question is your store/use button in USE, needs to be for it to work

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is online now   Reply With Quote