Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2015, 03:35 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #1736
Windsport 32n outside kitchen

We are newbies and are looking at the Windsport 32N with the outside kitchen and are wondering if it is worth the extra $$$ and the loss of storage space. Do you use this kitchen very much?? We really have not seen one without it at any of the dealers yet. Thanks for any input you might have.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:50 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
THOR #937
Many of my friends participate in Tailgating events with their motorhomes, (however, not one actually has a motorhome with an outside kitchen). Most will store a grill in a basement compartment, and bring out a big cooler with beverages.

But, for that one purpose, I can envision how the outside kitchen means easy access to the outside mini-fridge, without having to go inside the motorhome to get a cold one. And, the integrated grill looks nice.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:48 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyjaney View Post
We are newbies and are looking at the Windsport 32N with the outside kitchen and are wondering if it is worth the extra $$$ and the loss of storage space. Do you use this kitchen very much?? We really have not seen one without it at any of the dealers yet. Thanks for any input you might have.
Had an outside kitchen on my Forest River class C and used the heck out of it. Never used the inside oven and only used the stove top twice. The Aussie grill is not a Weber but it serves me well. For me the bed can be used for storage when travelling and did in my C. The Challenger has more storage space than I need and the outside kitchen.

If I am not mistaken the rig you're looking at has a small inside frig. You'll love the outdoor frig for the beer. Milk in, beer out, each in its place.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:18 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #1736
Thanks for the replies.... my wife says that we are going to do "a lot more bar-b-q-ing" when we are on the road so I guess with those words the outside kitchen will be handy. The outside fridge will be handy... grab a cold beer, replace with warm beer to get cold.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:12 AM   #5

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
I have an outside kitchen in my Hurricane 34 J and found yesterday the power drain in the small sink did not work. Pressed the rocker switch both ways to no avail. Any thoughts!? (it worked in October).
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:20 PM   #6

Model: Challenger/37ND
State: Texas
THOR #1706
I got rid of the gas grill that comes with our home on wheels. I use a weber which was always my fav and continues to be. There's plenty of space to store it underneath. Plus I can pack along with the mesquite for the pit with no probs. /Mikey
2015 Thor Challenger 37ND
mikensallyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:21 PM   #7

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursx2 View Post
I have an outside kitchen in my Hurricane 34 J and found yesterday the power drain in the small sink did not work. Pressed the rocker switch both ways to no avail. Any thoughts!? (it worked in October).
First I assume you checked fuses because it is always the simple stuff. If not that and you are handy, I would pull the switch and check for voltage there first. If no voltage there it is between the fuse panel and the switch. Could be it has a inline fuse hidden behind the cabinet or such.

Ps. Know it's obvious but your batteries are charged right ?
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote