Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2021, 01:11 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
I had 2 friends try the rental idea

One , a banker with a new HR who lost money after repairs and then traded for a high end 5th wheel (not to rent)

The other new class A which he lost after not being able to pay the upkeep and repairs

I don't loan or rent

mine to family

It only takes one Cousin Eddy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Thor RV Forum mobile app

Old 11-14-2021, 02:03 AM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River 2400R MBS
State: Missouri
THOR #13744
I would not rent out our RV because I don't want it to be abused due to lack of knowledge or don't care factor. Besides that I spent a lot of time cleaning and sanitizing on a regular basis......that what 33 years military and OCD does to one.

Our RV is cleaner and in better shape than a new unit and I keep it that way, especially during these challenging times (pandemic).

Also, it would be really inconvenient to remove all our belongings as our RV is always "ready to go" with the exception of food and consumables. And, luckily, I don't need the money.

I know everybody's situation and outlook is different, its just not for me.
Old 11-14-2021, 06:39 PM   #23

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Interesting

Storing an RV outside in the winter can lead to burst pipes, structural damage from snow, broken windows, water damage, trapped vehicles, pests living in or under the vehicle, damaged tires, and additional costs for winterizing gear. It’s often safer to pay for winter storage instead.
https://rvlife.com/storing-an-rv-outside-in-the-winter/
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 08:51 PM   #24

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Interesting

Storing an RV outside in the winter can lead to burst pipes, structural damage from snow, broken windows, water damage, trapped vehicles, pests living in or under the vehicle, damaged tires, and additional costs for winterizing gear. It’s often safer to pay for winter storage instead.
https://rvlife.com/storing-an-rv-outside-in-the-winter/
We keep ours in an enclosed insulated garage. Having boats for decades and seeing how the outside can savage them I decided I would rather pay extra to have it indoors. It is only $50 a month more locally and we have power, dump station, potable water and a washing station with ladders and plumbed in power washers. And very secure.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 10:51 PM   #25

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCSW View Post
We keep ours in an enclosed insulated garage. Having boats for decades and seeing how the outside can savage them I decided I would rather pay extra to have it indoors. It is only $50 a month more locally and we have power, dump station, potable water and a washing station with ladders and plumbed in power washers. And very secure.
Alright!!
I am jealous
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 11-15-2021, 12:13 AM   #26

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Alright!!
I am jealous
You live in Montana... I am jealous. We are staying in Washington until my wife's folks pass. Then it is on to either Idaho or Big Sky. Hopefully it will still be a few years away.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 01:55 AM   #27

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCSW View Post
You live in Montana... I am jealous. We are staying in Washington until my wife's folks pass. Then it is on to either Idaho or Big Sky. Hopefully it will still be a few years away.
Sorry to hear buddy ..hopefully they hang in there..big sky is amazing. Nice folks..open spaces ..lots of camping rest stops