Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2021, 02:01 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum 29kw
State: California
THOR #24729
Xxera radio

Does anyone know where I can download the maps for navigation.
When I push navigation. It says no maps. Not sure how to make it work
Thanks

Old 09-10-2021, 02:15 PM   #2

Model: 24TF Compass / Mercedes
State: New York
THOR #17969
Not sure what model you have, but there should be a mini SD chip in a slot that contains the maps. If you do not have it, check out the Axxera site for info on getting one. www.axxeraaudio.com
Old 09-10-2021, 02:17 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepman1 View Post
Does anyone know where I can download the maps for navigation.
When I push navigation. It says no maps. Not sure how to make it work
Thanks
<https://www.axxeraaudio.com/firmware>
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 03:26 PM   #4

THOR #24729
Do you know where to download the maps.
Thanks
Old 09-10-2021, 05:03 PM   #5

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
I know it sounds harsh... but I wish you luck navigating in a motorhome using that. I'd put my trust in "tried and true" options like Garmin (satellite) and/or Google Maps (internet based).

I don't really relish supporting Google, but when they've got you by the short hairs... sometimes you just grimace and take it. By having BOTH of those options with constantly updated maps, you have the most reliable navigation available to date - a MUST in a motorhome. Everything else either piggybacks off of those (Waze) or is a "use at your own risk" option.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:16 PM   #6

THOR #24729
XXera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
I know it sounds harsh... but I wish you luck navigating in a motorhome using that. I'd put my trust in "tried and true" options like Garmin (satellite) and/or Google Maps (internet based).

I don't really relish supporting Google, but when they've got you by the short hairs... sometimes you just grimace and take it. By having BOTH of those options with constantly updated maps, you have the most reliable navigation available to date - a MUST in a motorhome. Everything else either piggybacks off of those (Waze) or is a "use at your own risk" option.
I had downloaded the firmware but it was only for the bug in the backup camera. Nothing on the maps.

My radio is the AVM82NAV. The recently purchased MH is a 2020 Quantum 29kw.

I have a portable Garmin GPS that works OK but just thought i'd see if I can get this one to work.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:19 PM   #7

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
I had downloaded the firmware but it was only for the bug in the backup camera. Nothing on the maps.

I have a portable Garmin GPS that works OK but just thought i'd see if I can get this one to work.
Old 09-12-2021, 01:27 PM   #8

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Wish I could help you with this radio question. Best I can say is call or drop by your RV dealer. Ask the sales or service guys I’m sure they know the down low.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 02:08 PM   #9
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Wish I could help you with this radio question. Best I can say is call or drop by your RV dealer. Ask the sales or service guys I’m sure they know the down low.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 03:37 PM   #10

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:

From your Nav operations manual
Visit www.naviextras.com to register your map. (Limited time only - Must be used
within 90 days of initial activation).
NOTE: Map MUST be run in your navigation device one time before attempting
registration. Follow the instructions on-line
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:50 PM   #11

THOR #24729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
From your Nav operations manual
Visit www.naviextras.com to register your map. (Limited time only - Must be used
within 90 days of initial activation).
NOTE: Map MUST be run in your navigation device one time before attempting
registration. Follow the instructions on-line
Thanks for the response. I can’t run maps. When I touch Navagation it says no maps. I don’t know if the previous owner ever used it.
The tech where I bought the motor home thinks it doesn’t have navagation capabilities.
Probably the easiest thing is just to use my portable Garmin. Thanks again.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:24 PM   #12

THOR #6280
Quote:
Thanks for the response. I can’t run maps. When I touch Navagation it says no maps. I don’t know if the previous owner ever used it.
The tech where I bought the motor home thinks it doesn’t have navagation capabilities.
Probably the easiest thing is just to use my portable Garmin. Thanks again.
Thought I read you bought this from the dealer. If the MFG warranty is still good (usually 12 months) that makes it a dealer issue or call Thor or email them, they will reply. You can also google the radio type and model number to discover if your model has navigation or not.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:30 PM   #13

THOR #17969
As I said earlier if you do not have the mini SD card in the map slot you will not get maps. I have the same exact radio and it did the same thing because there was no card in the slot along the right edge of the face. My dealer had to supply it as they took it out during showing so it did not get stolen. Your dealer may have done the same thing.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:50 PM   #14

THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensob View Post
As I said earlier if you do not have the mini SD card in the map slot you will not get maps. I have the same exact radio and it did the same thing because there was no card in the slot along the right edge of the face. My dealer had to supply it as they took it out during showing so it did not get stolen. Your dealer may have done the same thing.
Hey thats a good idea!
Old 09-13-2021, 10:25 PM   #15

THOR #24729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensob View Post
I bought the motor home from a dealer used and the warranty is over.
They say they don’t have a card for the radio. I put a blank sd card but of course there wasn’t any maps on it so nothing happened.
I’ll bug them some more. I assume there was a card that came with the radio.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:12 AM   #16

THOR #17969
If you go here: https://dual-jensen-axxera.naviextras.com
register your radio, you can then download the latest maps and updates. Maps are $69.95.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:10 PM   #17

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Washington
THOR #21911
I believe you need to have your phone connected to the Axxera radio for the Maps to work, and you need to download the maps to your phone using the Axxera Navigation app on your phone.

Pretty worthless if you ask me and I don't think it works very well at least in my RV. I so wish this Axxera radio had Apple carplay.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:24 PM   #18

THOR #24729
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBiWan View Post
I believe you need to have your phone connected to the Axxera radio for the Maps to work, and you need to download the maps to your phone using the Axxera Navigation app on your phone.

Pretty worthless if you ask me and I don't think it works very well at least in my RV. I so wish this Axxera radio had Apple carplay.
Yea, it seems pretty useless. I called Naviextras. They say they only give updates. Didn’t know if it works with an empty SD micro card.
My portable Garmin works great.
Thanks for all the replies. Sounds pretty complicated to get the radio GPS to work.
Old 09-17-2021, 04:36 PM   #19

THOR #24729
The dealer finally found the SD card. Now it seems to be working. Now just got to play with it to learn. Thanks for the help.
I just got the motor home and probably will be asking for more help. I’m trying to locate things and haven’t found too much help in the manual
Old 09-18-2021, 09:10 PM   #20

THOR #18343
Can I make a suggestion, based on my 36 yrs of driving if your going to rely on your navigation system for directions (especially out of state) MAKE SURE YOU BUY OR DOWNLOAD “COMMERCIAL” NAVIGATION!! Most motorhomes are in excess 10’!! One low bridge will clear everything on the roof of your in seconds…