Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2020, 11:22 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Went to Walmart and HEB today, getting low on eggs and tp. Both had mandatory social distancing based on square footage of store. HEB allowed 25 customers and Walmart 50. It was weird waiting in line to get inside to shop mostly empty shelves and both places were out of things I needed. Will have to try another day before martial law is imposed.

Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:55 PM   #22
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
An update to today's update. Florida deaths went up 2 to 20. Apparently the Florida Departmental of Health was a little late with their evening update.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:02 AM   #23

Model: Quantum RW28
THOR #15031
It's my understanding that Walmart and other grocery stores have early morning seniors hours but have not been yet.

Jeff & Zita
Old 03-25-2020, 12:39 AM   #24
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpiercemagic View Post
It's my understanding that Walmart and other grocery stores have early morning seniors hours but have not been yet.

Jeff & Zita
Some stores do this every day.

Walgreens is only on Tuesdays.

Walmart is 6:00 AM to 7:00 am only on Tuesdays. Pretty much a token effort if you ask me especially considering their drastic reduction in hours recently.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:42 AM   #25

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Our local grocery chain in NW Indiana, Strak & Van Til every morning for seniors 6-7 a.m.
Jewel grocery stores (parent company is Albertsons) Tuesday & Thursday 7-9 a.m. for seniors. Stores are sanitized overnight and gives us a chance to get in and out before the hoards hit.
Lots of empty shelves but with 3 Strak’s stores within 10 minutes of hour home we have been able to find what we need.
To their credit our stores are putting limits on bread, milk, eggs and TP and other “hot products”. ( saw a guy at local store put every case of condensed milk off the shelf in his cart. When he hit check out they took all of them back but one)
We haven’t needed much; bread, eggs, butter and TP the golden currency! Our freezer’s full of venison, bluegill & crappie fillets.
Thank God we don’t live in New York or New Orleans I would hate to grocery shop at ground zero of this outbreak!
It will get better, peace out
Mark
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:44 PM   #26

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
2 cases in this county. Life is good at present. Video chatted grandchildren 100 miles away. Who would have thought we would have Jetson communicators before flying cars? We are due to drive to Miami for wifes epidural injection. Wondering if that will get cancelled. Working around house. This still feels like detention.

You all be safe.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:40 PM   #27

THOR #5313
We at 5 in Highlands County. We will stay in 2nd home at least next 3 montths. Primary home South is in one of the hatder hit counties. We okay here got plenty of food and have many projects to keep busy with.

Hope everyone stays safe.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #28
Site Team

THOR #7035
Not much changed in our county or surrounding counties yesterday; Gainesville went up 9 to 46 cases with 5 hospitalizations now and the state had 3 more deaths for a total of 23.

Tampa area is starting to explode especially Pinellas county with the beaches. Orlando as well.

Many counties have issued Stay In Place/Stay at Home (SIP) orders in the absence of a state-wide SIP order. It's just a matter of time before the Governor caves and issues a state-wide order.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and most items, including bread, were readily available - no TP though, but all the kleenex type tissues you wanted?
Old 03-27-2020, 12:25 AM   #29
Site Team

THOR #7035
Again, not much has changed today in our county and surrounding counties; Gainesville has increased to 53 cases today but still only 5 hospitalized.

Deaths in the state jumped by 6 to 29 today. High population density hot spots continue to heat up; Miami-Date is up to 654 cases and Broward to the north is at 505 cases. Orange county has doubled in under 2 days to 119 cases with 28 hospitalized.

The scary part in our county is tat although we have had 95 people tested we are still waiting on results on 34 of them, well over 30%. Surrounding counties have 20% or less tests still waiting on results.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:50 PM   #30

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post

....cut....
I went grocery shopping yesterday and most items, including bread, were readily available - no TP though, but all the kleenex type tissues you wanted?
Publix in Palm Beach County was stocked much better yesterday than on previous visits. There was plenty of bread, dairy/soy/cashew/almond milk selection, etc. The entire case was completely empty previously. They also had eggs, hot dogs, and lunch meats that were absent before.

Still no TP, paper towels, or napkins. They did have a few paper plates. Hoarding seems to be slowing which is great news.

The virus is hitting closer to home now by affecting staffing of home health care workers, and also younger employee in high risk occupation.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:45 PM   #31

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Indiana CV19

Tuesday 3/24 Indiana had 477 confirmed cases of CV19. The latest totals were posted yesterday 3/26 at 11:59 p.m., we have more than doubled the total to 981 confirmed cases. Our county which sits just over the border from the Metro Chicago area is at 41. Deaths statewide are at 24.
Not a promising picture...
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:58 PM   #32

THOR #5313
In my county we at 4 active and 1 died. South house county is exploding. We staying home and do paperwork to forward mail here for next 4 or 5 months.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:22 PM   #33
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
In the free state of Jones we have 1 and they are recovering
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 12:13 AM   #34
Site Team

THOR #7035
No change in our county today, still at 3 cases but around us things have changed:
The county to our east has gone from 5 to 7 cases, but still only 2 hospitalized.
The county to our east got their first case today.
Gainesville to our south has jumped to 60 cases with 7 hospitalized.

The state of Florida got about 500 new cases today (less than yesterday but about the same as the day before) to almost 3200 cases with a jump to 46 deaths from yesterday's 29. 500 cases across the state are hospitalized.

Although we appear to be static in our county the hot spots are growing at a scary rate. Hold on tight, I think we are in for a long, rough ride unless these medications they are testing get approved and distributed quickly. I would hope the pharmaceutical distribution train would already be moving in that direction as the medicine already exists for other purposes.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:02 PM   #35

THOR #5313
We up to 10 in Highlands County. I death local to our area. We staying put.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:59 PM   #36
Site Team

THOR #7035
Back to our snaphot:

It's been a week since we had the last confirmed case in our county; still holding at 3 - none hospitalized.

There has been some activity in the surrounding counties:

County to our east is now up to 8 cases with two hospitalized. This county butts up to Duval County/Jacksonville which has 156 cases, 25 hospitalizations and 4 deaths.

North of us is till 0 cases but the county to our west is now up to 3 cases.

Gainesville south of us is up to 80 cases with 11 hospitalizations.

The state has had quite an active few days with new cases until yesterday when the case increase dropped for the first time in a week:

We are currently at 5700 cases statewide with 71 deaths, a 1.25% death rate. 715 people are hospitalized.

Friday I went to our Walmart and they had cart wipes back.
Saturday I had to make a supply run to my father's location in Brevard county to bring supplies to his caretaker. Driving the interstates was quite enjoyable - most traffic was 18 wheelers with quite a few RVs on the road as well, very few 4 wheelers.

Now Brevard county is up to 32 cases, and I stopped at the Walmart is south Palm Bay to pick up a case of Boost for my father. I was surprised to see they didn't even have the stands for Purell or the cart wipes at the entrance to the store. About 25% of the shoppers had masks, both store bought and home made.

On the other hand, I stopped at the Sams Club in Melbourne to return some golf car battery cores and they had the cart wipes in plentiful supply at the entrance.
Gassed up there at $1.77

Sunday we went to our local Walmart and they were sanitizing the carts as you entered as Publix has done for at least a week, I was glad to see that improvement especially after what I saw at the Palm Bay Walmart.

Crossing our fingers and holding our breath waiting to see how the FDA approval of the drugs for malaria works out for those infected. The few testimonials I've seen from infected patients that had been given the drug before it was approved indicated a very rapid response and turn around.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:28 PM   #37

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
Today the President said 100,000 to 200,000 deaths in the next two weeks in US so stay in your house for at least next two weeks. Don’t become one of that number I love you all
Old 04-01-2020, 08:45 PM   #38

State: California
THOR #16919
Better Late Than Never

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...at-home-order/

Good luck Floridians in your race to catch up with the coronavirus outbreak. Stay at Home, Stay Alive

Signed, One Accused California Snowflake
2017 Thor Miramar 34.1
Crimson Quartz
Dilley Dilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:02 PM   #39

State: California
THOR #16919
Still Planning That Cruise?

Here's some sobering information for those that have plans for cruising...

https://abc30.com/cruise-ship-coast-...virus/6068074/

You can thank Florida's Governor and Our Dear Leader for this one too.

Signed, Accused California Snowflake
2017 Thor Miramar 34.1
Crimson Quartz
Dilley Dilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:05 PM   #40
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley Dilley View Post
https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...at-home-order/

Good luck Floridians in your race to catch up with the coronavirus outbreak. Stay at Home, Stay Alive

Signed, One Accused California Snowflake
That order changes almost nothing as the list of essential workers is longer than the list of non-essential workers.

The counties with all the hot spots already had stay at home orders.

Why would the counties with 0 or 2 or 3 cases in rural Florida have to react the same way as counties with thousands of cases in a dense population area?

The order is more of a request that an enforceable order.

And the icing on the cake of stupidity:

He has ordered the Florida Department of Transportation to accelerate many road construction projects in the works due to the low traffic volume throughout the state. Sounds like a great idea? Except the projects are all in highly infected areas such as Miami-Dade/Broward and Tampa area. Where does he think these extra construction workers are going to come from? where will they stay? They will obviously be "essential" workers and need to travel to the fast food restaurants for take out and grocery stores for supplies. Did he really think that through?