Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 08:13 AM   #121

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3401
State: Idaho
THOR #17078
My doctor called and did a telephone call today instead of scheduled visit for tomorrow and I live in Idaho, a state with very few cases. I think we need to step up and do what our president has asked us to do like our parents and grandparents did in World War II

Old 03-19-2020, 01:46 PM   #122

Model: 22E
State: New York
THOR #12119
Not cancelled but postponed,
We are Retired so plenty of time in the future.

Went to the blood center to donate platelets and plasma
Old 03-19-2020, 08:14 PM   #123

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Just ran into a situation for Moab, UT where restrictions are taking place due to this problem. Thanks China.

Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of statuses we might be able to reference?

Some examples of what's taking place:
'The Southeast Utah Health Department issued an order on March 17 at approximately 1 p.m. restricting overnight lodging in Carbon, Emery, and Grand Counties for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19. As a result of this order, effective immediately, all overnight and short-term lodging facilities, including RV resorts, may only check-in, rent or lease to “Essential Visitors” and “Primary Residents.” (re:https://www.sunrvresorts.com/resorts...ort-campground)

Here's another: https://www.sunrvresorts.com/resorts...ort-campground

And another: "This location is closed. Affected reservations have been cancelled and refunds have been issued. Local managers are committed to the health and safety of recreational visitors and our staff. We are following the guidelines from our agency and the CDC regarding COVID-19, closely monitoring the situation and responding to current conditions. Please continue to monitor this page for status updates" (re: https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/234059)
Old 03-19-2020, 08:40 PM   #124

THOR #12189
I wish you had because I'm not following the above at all. I just read it on their web sites. I wasn't accusing them of lying. I didn't write it, they did? Don't shoot the messenger?
Old 03-19-2020, 08:49 PM   #125

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I'm not shooting the messenger.
There's a typo in your post.
It reads that you are asking about statutes, which would lead to people thinking you're about to initiate a confrontation....

I was trying, based on you asking about statutes, to keep a cop from hollering at you.

It was just a fair warning about who you'd be dealing with....

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:54 PM   #126

THOR #12189
I'm glad you explained it. The word is plural of 'status'. There's no extra 't' in there. I was wondering if anybody new of a source for what campgrounds are doing in the face of C-19, such as the examples given. Was seeking status(es), not statute(s).

statuses v.
statutes (notice the extra 't' in place of the 's' at the end).

You are right in one regard and I'll update the post to more clearly explain what I've already found. I'm sitting here in AZ, waiting to go north and started planning my trip. Some web sites aren't as diligent with their notifications, yet may be complying with some mandate they were given. Would be a heck of a thing to think you have some place to stay that night, only to find you don't.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:32 PM   #127

State: California
THOR #12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley Dilley View Post
The freaking Baby Boomer Generation (I'm a Boomer) is living with a 20th Century mentality. News Flash! We're 1/5th of the way through the 21st Century. Get Current! If this ride is going too fast for you and scares you then get off and let someone else take the reins!
Uh.. yeah. I'm 66 and still racing motorcycles reaching speeds of 150. What r u doin', just sittin'?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200313_120707000_HDR.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	22982  
Old 03-19-2020, 10:32 PM   #128

Model: 29m
THOR #16201
O.K. we need a little help here. We were planning a trip from California to Austin Texas to see our youngest daughter. We had reservations to stay at McKinney Falls State Park from April 4th through the 10th but as of March 20 2020 the park will be closed until further notice.

Does anyone know where we can stay around the Austin area for the week we are there. It does not need to have hook ups, we can boondock no problems. If the state lines are open and we can get fuel we would still like to go.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:35 PM   #129

THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinetools1 View Post
O.K. we need a little help here. We were planning a trip from California to Austin Texas to see our youngest daughter. We had reservations to stay at McKinney Falls State Park from April 4th through the 10th but as of March 20 2020 the park will be closed until further notice.

Does anyone know where we can stay around the Austin area for the week we are there. It does not need to have hook ups, we can boondock no problems. If the state lines are open and we can get fuel we would still like to go.
I havent heard how Harvest Hosts and Boondockers Welcome are handling all of this.
I'm going to suggest a look at Boondockers Welcome website.
I'd also suggest you do it right NOW.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:38 PM   #130

THOR #13932
If any of you get stranded on the south rim of the Grand Canyon, I have lots of boondocking space for a three day maximum(guests and fish theory). We can isolate you, it's a big country out here.

I doubt our Koa will close but if it does I'll set you up or get you set up.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:41 PM   #131

THOR #16201
To be honest I have never heard of these website's. I will look now .

Thank You
Old 03-19-2020, 10:46 PM   #132

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:

You may want to call Colorado Landing in LaGrange (ya ZZ Top). Family owned, small and not to far from Austin. 979.702.9147. We go there all the time. Hope that helps.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:47 PM   #133

Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
We were planning to do a 7-10 day trip. But with the virus hoopla, we’re changing our plans. Is it overblown? No idea...
We’re going to hunker down for a month. Then we will re-evaluate. I figure that in a month our worst fears will either be proven true or proven false.
It costs us nothing to hunker and watch...
Good Sam member
FMCA member
Old 03-20-2020, 12:17 AM   #134

THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by WearyTraveler View Post
We were planning to do a 7-10 day trip. But with the virus hoopla, we’re changing our plans. Is it overblown? No idea...
We’re going to hunker down for a month. Then we will re-evaluate. I figure that in a month our worst fears will either be proven true or proven false.
It costs us nothing to hunker and watch...
It's gonna cost me $1,000 in accelerated mods. I'd have done them eventually but now I'm doing them now.

Nows the time to sleep in your rig and get the bed straightened out and the toilet paper roll where it should be and the tankless heater set correctly.

Man, after this lull in travel anyone asking about stuff on their rv will need a pretty good excuse as to why they can't find the outside propane quik connect or what a certain valve is or how to program the radio.

Old 03-20-2020, 12:19 AM   #135

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
Be aware in your travels that in some cases it is NOT up to the campground whether you stay or go. In Moab they were given 3 days to vacate the premises at both campgrounds and the local hotels. If you are in an area where the risk is minimal and you have a safe and affordable place to stay I highly recommend you shelter in place for the next few weeks. We all want our freedom to move around and we don't want to miss out on our current plans, but the current situation is real and moving about the country puts you, your loved ones, and possibly others at risk. Take a time out... and live to travel another day.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:36 AM   #136

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Quote:

I live in the area and have to tell you that everything in Austin is closed. Nothing is open, no restaurants, bars, nothing were more than a couple of people can get together. Church services and therefor religious liberty are being curtailed by local governments. The grocery store shelves are bare. This would be one of the last places I would travel to at this time.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:35 AM   #137

THOR #16201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
I live in the area and have to tell you that everything in Austin is closed. Nothing is open, no restaurants, bars, nothing were more than a couple of people can get together. Church services and therefor religious liberty are being curtailed by local governments. The grocery store shelves are bare. This would be one of the last places I would travel to at this time.
Thank ssd's for the heads up.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:31 PM   #138
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Covid-19 isn't affecting our plans...
But we're fighting many other health related issues that are!
Old 03-20-2020, 02:49 PM   #139

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
IMHO Be cautious but do not let this thing control your life. I think if we all give this a couple of months, life will be almost back to some assemblance of normal----Whatever normal is gong to be.
Be safe everyone
Coveman2
PS I have not changed my plans just adjusting
Old 03-20-2020, 05:47 PM   #140

THOR #13932
A couple of the ladies went to town today with a community list.
We live 51 miles from the nearest stop light.
A Sam's club run for us outlier's pantries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8529~01.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	22992  

Closed Thread