Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 04:48 PM   #161
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
That's not the drugs talking is it Bob?
Hoping for the best for you on this trip.
beef and peppers on a bed of brown rice for lunch...

Old 03-21-2020, 05:18 PM   #162

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
We got to a KOA in Wilmington yesterday. Weather in the 80’s yesterday and today with rain late this afternoon and only low 60’s tomorrow but warmer Monday.

We took the Spyder for a ride yesterday and today. They closed the beaches around here yesterday. Most restaurants open for take out but other than that there are still a lot of people out an about and you wouldn’t think much is going on otherwise.

Beats being isolated in PA.....
Old 03-21-2020, 05:21 PM   #163

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Now back to the topic of the thread.

It is starting to get tougher to find places to stay. So we might hunker down for a month or two and then make a decision then.
Yup.. We are "Hunkered down" @ Hee Hee Illihee in Salem, Ore. for another month..Then hope to head to the boonies of Washington State (BLM land)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200321_072612.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	23001  
Thor Infinity
Old 03-21-2020, 05:36 PM   #164

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Italy is NOT the USA. There's many and varied reasons Italy (and Iran) are in the fix they are in.

It’s interesting to me that in the 2009 pandemic 60 million Americans were infected with nearly 250:000 hospitalizations and over 12,000 deaths yet there wasn’t nearly the panic were seeing today. It is not at all clear where this is going, mortality-wise, but the damage to the economy and people’s lives is certainly huge.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:51 PM   #165

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
It’s interesting to me that in the 2009 pandemic 60 million Americans were infected with nearly 250:000 hospitalizations and over 12,000 deaths yet there wasn’t nearly the panic were seeing today. It is not at all clear where this is going, mortality-wise, but the damage to the economy and people’s lives is certainly huge.
In 2009 the virus was a better understood virus, medical personal had a better idea how to treat. The Corona virus is potentially far more contagious and less understood than any we have seen, at least in the last hundred years or so, plus we know little of how even to support those that contract it and become critical, so the unknown makes it potentially more dangerous. Economical damage is irrelevant if a majority of the population succumbs to the virus.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:04 PM   #166

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I pay other people to know.
It slays me that the president has to be the town crier, or real criers cry.
There's lots of things I don't need to know.
There's lots of things lots of people don't need to know.

I'll call it a reset and have faith in those more knowledgeable than I.
People like me have a plan for tomorrow, maybe a slight easily destroyed plan for 10 years.

I sure as hell hope we as a nation are on a 300 year plan.
Be VERY VERY honest with yourself: did you even begin to think how far out plans surely go before I mentioned it? Have you now thought what must be mustered to instigate/perpetuate a 300 year plan?

I'll ride along and do proportionately better than those around me because I put in disproportional effort.

I believe, or need to believe
It's a reset.
Personally I think any company trading at 17 times earning is a biblical type plague affecting even slight intelligence.

Punchline:
It ain't about me.

Does anyone here know what is often called
The cobblers dilemna
The tulip crisis
Where the term bubble economy came from? (hint it's not from bubbles)
I might be mistaken here, but for simplicity sake: the thing Enron was busted for is now common bookkeeping practice.

It's a reset to me.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:07 PM   #167

THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
In 2009 the virus was a better understood virus, medical personal had a better idea how to treat. The Corona virus is potentially far more contagious and less understood than any we have seen, at least in the last hundred years or so, plus we know little of how even to support those that contract it and become critical, so the unknown makes it potentially more dangerous. Economical damage is irrelevant if a majority of the population succumbs to the virus.

Nobody, absolutely NOBODY has suggested that a “majority of the population will succumb to the virus” and you are doing nobody any favors with that kind of fear. The worst case scenarios hyped by fear mongers suggests that mortality could be 1.5 million Americans which is 0.5 %. And it won’t be anywhere near that.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:32 PM   #168

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Ok Pete, I understand you don't like whats going on and frankly neither do I, but if you have been following the news and medical statistics, especially what going on in Italy and Spain, the fact that this could easily escalate out of control is indeed within the realm of possibility. Thats why its so important for everyone to take this seriously and not decide the restrictions only apply to others. If we all work together, then there is a good probability that we can stop this in its tracks. Its important that WE take control, not let the virus control us. My advice, stay current on the facts, and act and behave responsibly.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:41 PM   #169

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Italy is NOT the USA. There's many and varied reasons Italy (and Iran) are in the fix they are in.
Both those countries both have a two to three weeks start on us because of the early travel ban here. Any guess where we will be in two to three weeks?
Old 03-21-2020, 10:04 PM   #170

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Quote:
Italy has the second oldest population on the planet and this virus is more deadly to that demographic. But other than that, seasonal flu and things like H1N1, have killed a lot of the population without the panic we are now experiencing.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:12 PM   #171

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Both those countries both have a two to three weeks start on us because of the early travel ban here. Any guess where we will be in two to three weeks?

The biggest problem with Italy, Spain and the rest of Europe is having open borders where anyone came come and go as they please and spread disease more easily.

Everyone is panicking because cases are spiking in the US. No one uses common sense . Of course the number of cases will go up because people are being tested!

And you know what happens when the number of reported cases go up? The mortality rate goes down.

When the dust settles this will end up being closer to H1N1 and SARS than Ebola as everyone is making out to be.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:15 PM   #172

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Does anyone have a link to a real chart breaking down
Preexisting condition
If they coughed once before the cancer killed them and now they fit the demographic for reparations money(don't think for a second hospitals and clinics aren't going ro go after that money)
Hot pockets like that resthome as percentages?

I don't think I've read or heard how many hospital admissions vs positive tests.
I certainly haven't read about hospital discharges returned home for home care.
I haven't read the penalty for getting in the four hour line to be tested if you don't have a fever. The penalty should be to haul your ass out of the car and put you to work in the diarrhea ward....

It would sure shut some folks up.
It might edumadated others.

People are dead
Is just a stupid way to listen.

100% of dead drunk drivers killed in car wrecks were in a car.
I don't think we weren't driving to the store due to our fear of drunk drivers.

Right now, in lieu of panic I'm still going to go with the renowned and oft called upon:

Deaths due to donkey kicks per capita.

The virus is worse than donkeys struck by lightning while kicking you death but I'm not really sure world wide it has actually surpassed donkey kicks yet.

It might morph into drunk driving deaths, it might morph into overdoses. It might morph into both added together.

Worrying affects your health.
Please don't.
Do what you can, don't be pandered by pandereers. I'm just going to block shoutlings on this forum. It's that easy to erase some bullshit. Block them if they say things like no gas and most will succumb.

If the poster meant contract instead of succumb he can post a retraction.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:38 PM   #173

THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Ok Pete, I understand you don't like whats going on and frankly neither do I, but if you have been following the news and medical statistics, especially what going on in Italy and Spain, the fact that this could easily escalate out of control is indeed within the realm of possibility. Thats why its so important for everyone to take this seriously and not decide the restrictions only apply to others. If we all work together, then there is a good probability that we can stop this in its tracks. Its important that WE take control, not let the virus control us. My advice, stay current on the facts, and act and behave responsibly.

Well I’m not here to argue with you. You can be as scared as you want. And I’m certainly doing my bit. My car hasn’t been out of the garage in a week. But the latest research seems to suggest that we could be over reacting. It’s bad and it might be very bad but 80% of folks who are infected need NO treatment and 96% recover. The mortality is disproportionately affecting the elderly and those with other serious illnesses. Just like all infectious diseases. We’ll certainly see. Stay safe.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:40 PM   #174

THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Italy has the second oldest population on the planet and this virus is more deadly to that demographic. But other than that, seasonal flu and things like H1N1, have killed a lot of the population without the panic we are now experiencing.

Italy also has a very strong connection with China and may have picked up a bigger load of the virus before the risk was widely known.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:53 AM   #175
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Not with the most deaths of any country like Italy is now. Ther are several reasons Italy is in the state it is currently with this virus. There is not a single reason, but put the 5 or 6 reasons together and there you have a country with the most deaths in the world from this virus, yes, more than China. The US does not have the same situations that put Italy in their current condition.

Take a look at China infections and death by state. The Wuhan district has the majority of the problem but even the districts right next to Wuhan have minimal infections and deaths. Population density has a lot to do with it.

Here in Florida we have "hot spots" where population density is highest and people frequently traveled internationally. A lot of infections are people that traveled to/from New York These areas are the ones that are increasing by leaps and bounds daily.
Other counties have no infections or few infections and the numbers have barely increased or not moved in the last week.

Take precautions but don't fall victim to the poor/incorrect information and fear mongering. Obviously those that live in hot spots need to take more aggressive precautions but those that are isolated by distance and population density are being hurt more by the draconian measures and panicked hoarders than by the illness itself.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
Old 03-22-2020, 03:10 AM   #176
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
It is time to end this thread. Keep it civilized
The wonder Schnauzers
Closed Thread