Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2021, 09:02 PM   #21
RCS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Texas
THOR #24446
Chunker, thanks for starting an informational discussion that we can use. We have not run into problems at any campgrounds on recent travels throughout the south and west (we tend to avoid the coasts, except Florida). Most places seem to be getting on with life, so we just went along like normal. The state parks in Texas are operating normally. The summer time play in Palo Duro Canyon State Park is awesome, and well worth seeing.

About the negative comments, they can just be ignored, like water off a ducks back (oops, sorry duck man if you are offended by my cultural appropriation, it is so hard to keep track of what offends someone today).

RCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:54 PM   #22

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
All California State Parks closed.
They say fire danger, but I suspect there’s also a lack of sufficient staffing due to Covid.

And now that the governor is not recalled, it’s anticipated he will advance his power by requiring proof of vaccine for entry into most locations.

Will be interesting to watch the minority rebellion.
I mis-spoke…
It’s the California State Forests that were closed
And, today it was announced that they will all re-open at midnight tonight

However “forest-wide closures” (whatever that means) will remain in place due to fire danger.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:18 PM   #23

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
As I watch the usual disrupters file in, I'm thinking - should I?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	33651  
Old 09-15-2021, 11:31 PM   #24

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
As I watch the usual disrupters file in, I'm thinking - should I?
Be nice, some people can't help themselves. Think positive thoughts like November 2022. Why then you ask?? Glad you did. Well that's over a year from now and the RV inflated pricing bubble will be collapsed and we will start returning to some normalcy and saneness. Weather will be cooling and everyone will be in school or work, cept us retired folks, and lots of vacancies around. It'll be a time when lots of malcontents are getting moved out of their "houses" and new productive folks into them.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:51 PM   #25

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
We took 4 long trips out of state last year and had no issues at all, and 3 long trips this year with no issues. No mask mandate problems, in fact very little too no mask being worn at all. No problems with finding a place to camp and did not run into any closures, even at state and national parks.
We did stay away from those certain states where they like to rule with an iron fist.
Old 09-15-2021, 11:55 PM   #26

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post

Be nice, some people can't help themselves. Think positive thoughts like November 2022. Why then you ask?? Glad you did. Well that's over a year from now and the RV inflated pricing bubble will be collapsed and we will start returning to some normalcy and saneness. Weather will be cooling and everyone will be in school or work, cept us retired folks, and lots of vacancies around. It'll be a time when lots of malcontents are getting moved out of their "houses" and new productive folks into them.
Ok, promise (fingers crossed behind my back).
Old 09-16-2021, 12:25 AM   #27

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
Last summer we went to open tracks in Florida (local to us). In fall 2020 to early summer 2021, trips to Disney, North Carolina and Memphis Tenn. No real issues in these areas. We mostly stayed at tracks and places we know well.

We gave up and got vax as we will need to head into NE at some point for family obligations.
Old 09-17-2021, 11:23 AM   #28

THOR #22586
We just got back from our latest trip and generally speaking most places acted sanely. With the exception of the disorganization of the federal facilities, we didn't encounter any other closures. At the Kentucky Horse park, a state facility, everything was open but masks required inside actual enclosed buildings. In "open buildings", stables, arena, etc. not required but no one stopped you if you wanted to wear a mask. In big box type stores they were often signs "requesting masks" and that language varied with the stores, but no state mandated requirements.

RVing is by definition and practice a social distancing activity and while we are not anti-social we are somewhat A-social. We prefer the open spaces to crowded venues so RV travel suits us the best. Happy travels to all.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 09-17-2021, 11:41 AM   #29

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
If you think that the federal facilities are running smooth then that's your opinion. I happened to visit, or attempt to visit, several and that's my observation. Nothing political like you would like to make it, just my observations. Based on a moderators comments a covid discussion was to be how it impacted our individual travels. I have made some trips and clearly stated where I went and some places I visited and how it impacted my travels. I did editorialize a bit with the commie comment and apparently that ruffles feathers. I personally am not looking for ways that I can be offended so I can claim victim class, but I guess that offends those self proclaimed. Some people want to read something terrible into a casual comment. No fingers pointed just an opinion.

No thread or topic is mandatory reading so anyone is free to read or ignore any thread. Since the ones who have been offended know what a covid topic brings, they should not read them. I don't have a Class B so don't read those threads. I don't watch Al Jazeera or Taliban TV since the topics are likely not to be my liking. That's how I exercise my choices.

I also exercise my choices by where I visit, or don't visit. It would be a shame that the moderators would kill a subject because a few object because they don't want dissenting opinions. That's called censorship and Facebook, twitter, YouTube and google already have that strategy locked up.
We have quite a few touchy feely folks out there

Traveling fir us gas been very similar to your experience

One common item has been increased cost for darn near everything

Interstate hiway has been busy and as others noted maybe more traffic

Reservations are hard to get so were getting into smaller parks and on two lane roads

Just got back and headed out again in a couple weeks mostly To see fall colors
Old 01-13-2022, 12:19 PM   #30

THOR #22586
Out west travels

New Mexico specifically. We're putting a spring trip together and it will include NOLA late March to early April, TX hill country in 2nd week of April, Tucson in later April then over to NM late April into May. The wander our way back home mid May. Most of those places are not of concern except New Mexico. Because covid is political and the responses to it are, New Mexico seems to want to get hysterical. When I was in western NM last spring, many business were destroyed by the heavy handed state response and forced closures. I was in Silver City and there was strong local opposition to that approach but oppose was all they could do. I have read tidbits this year but does anyone have any recent actual experiences there not what they read on the "news"? Our plans will be in the southern areas and avoid high population density areas especially ABQ.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ