Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-29-2020, 01:57 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
Yep, it's sad to see states that normally embrace tourists now having to choose to turn them away. I am afraid that those NY plates will eventually be stopped before entering "some" states. The question is what state they will end up in and what affect they may have on that states Covid 19 infections. Sad as it seems, this may be why some states have clarified that gun stores are considered essential businesses and may remain open. This may get violent before the curve flattens and that is so sad.
2nd amendment is another.

Old 03-29-2020, 03:09 AM   #42

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
The governor of Fla. is going to stop people coming in from other states. Is this the same guy that left beaches, bars and restaurants open during spring break?
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 03:33 AM   #43

Model: Windsport
State: Arkansas
THOR #557
Ethical

If you realize that is an ethical question then you already know the answer.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:40 PM   #44

State: Texas
THOR #8255
Our choice is to cancel

We had our next 5 month trip planned to start on 5 April but we see this getting worse before it gets better. We have decided to cancel using two week blocks until this is all over and it is considered safe to travel. Many campgrounds are closing and some during our trip already have until further notice. Things are safer at our home base Right now and in our case we are just practicing safety and staying patient. The coach is fully loaded with everything needed in case we feel an imperative to leave our house. We have a private destination 40 miles from our house that is in 38 acres with RV hookups as a back up plan. Whatever anyone chooses to do, do it safely and more important do it with the safety of others in mind.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:54 PM   #45

Model: 35SF
State: Michigan
THOR #18186
We have a little different situation.
We live in MI and are scheduled to pick up our coach in OR on 4/7.
Its a date with flights purchase and training scheduled.
Its has been scheduled for 2 months due to my wife being a teacher.
I guess we could wait due to school maybe closing indefinitely this year.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:37 PM   #46

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
Go do an extensive inspection. Theres likely things to be fixed. But then again, stay put. Do it later.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:43 PM   #47

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
We are at the KOA in Wilmington, NC. We have been here for 11 days. We felt we could self-isolate ourselves just the same as home. We would be in better weather and be outside as well.... which is a good thing because flu season starts to fade as the weather gets warmer and more humid, doors and windows are opened and people aren't confined indoors.

North Carolina just issued a shelter-in-place order effective tomorrow night. My wife was down at the camp store and they were told they have to cancel all short-term rentals starting March 30th. Apparently the local county for Wilmington is forcing them to cancel reservations and not the state.

I really feel bad for small businesses. The “cure” for COVID-19 is going to end up being worse than the virus itself in some cases. If people lose jobs permanently, they will have trouble paying for groceries.... the electric bill.. meds.... they could lose their home. Seems to me that could also lead to serious illness or death for some.

I don’t see anyone congregating in large groups. People are keeping to themselves or at least keeping their distance. They already had the playground roped off when we got here 10 days ago. I'm not seeing any ways to spread CV or at least anymore that going to the grocery store or pharmacy.

What about any full-timers out there that need a place to stay for a few days?

Common sense is out the window with governments.... although I guess that has generally been the case for the past 30 years.

Part of the problem is its the 80 / 20 rule at its best. About 20% of the people have no common sense or personal responsibility any more so they have to protect the other 80% of us from them.

Anyway, I see no issue being at a campground where you are typically more than 10 feet from anyone else. Whether you are there or home.... you will still have to go out for groceries.... meds..... walk the dog..... etc.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:56 PM   #48

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: New York
THOR #14782
I too am sheltering in place in my Thor Four Winds 24F in Florida with my 3 dogs. I had already planned to leave 3/17 on my trip to see my son and grandkids that I hadn’t seen for a year and to take care of my mother-in-law’s house because she moved to Maine a few weeks ago. I live in the Adirondack Mtns. in Upstate NY and when I left, there was still 3 feet of snow on the ground. I am more isolated in my RV(no “toad”) and warm.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:13 AM   #49

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Illinois
THOR #7085
If we were not moving to another state next week( 1800 miles), we would be staying smart and safe here at Home. However, movers are considered essential, so the 2 of us and 3 Border Collies will be relocating starting next week. Yes, we are concerned with travel and all it brings, but it is necessary! We will wear gloves, and keep or distances from others. Thor Miramar 35.2 and a Lexus hatchback will make the trip.
BE SMART/BE SAFE/BE WELL everyone!!!
Michael
Old 03-30-2020, 11:53 AM   #50

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
The governor of Fla. is going to stop people coming in from other states. Is this the same guy that left beaches, bars and restaurants open during spring break?

Reality bites.

What would you do with 1,000s of young people, put them in jail? Kind of hard to enforce until danger is accepted to greater degree by all.

Migration to get out out high-infection to low-infection areas seems completely different to me. Where would we draw the line on controlling spread of virus? Would we allow an infected cruise ship to pull up to any port and allow 90% of passengers who are not infected to get off? Of course not.

Florida is particularly vulnerable because of population age. Everyone is making mistakes because there is no “right” solution that works for all.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:43 PM   #51

Model: A.C.E 27.2
State: Louisiana
THOR #17883
We have a new MH and we are staying at home. We would love to take a few trips but until it's safe to travel, we will stay planted at the house.

I don't believe that we have came close to the peak of infections if this virus continues on as it is.
You may be looking at total lock down soon. I'm not trying to inspire gloom and doom but possible reality. I look and pray for the best but prepare for the worst.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:12 PM   #52
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Maybe some good news:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/corona...ry?id=69867398

FDA gives anti-malaria drugs emergency approval to treat COVID-19
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:49 PM   #53

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Retired and now "Full Timers" here..
We are "hunkered Down" here in Oregon (South Dakota residents, no S & B)
So far only challenge is finding monthly space rental for a coach older than 10 yr's..
I feel that the US (and Canada)will experience a "Rolling Virus Peak" ie: Peak in the known hot spots then will follow the infections to the lessor populated states and then they will also peak.. Eventually covering the US and Canada, Mexico etc.. It may take a year to make the circuit..
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:09 PM   #54

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
I know I didn't work all those years to get to retirement just to sit home. I understand the desire to use our rigs, I had a trip to Montana planned, but damn. The virus spreads and people moving around are spreading it. Someone posted something about 80% of the people get it and 20% don't. There seem to be a lot of the 20% on this forum. Personally, I don't care if Darwin rules and someone travelling gets the virus and dies, but I do care about the people they spread it to. Please keep you butts at home.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 02:15 AM   #55

Model: Windsport J34
State: California
THOR #17915
Quote:
Depends on how much is your deposit, you may want to consider cancel the deal.

Giving the fact that the CV is not going away in the near future and the so many people are unemployed, I believe the RV price will drop significantly. You may find much better deals later - maybe in just a few months...

I just bought two vehicles this January. I would have postponed my purchase had I known what was coming
Old 03-31-2020, 02:15 PM   #56

Model: 35SF
State: Michigan
THOR #18186
Called the dealer yesterday and postponed for a couple weeks.
They are very understanding of the situation and recommending it.
Canceled flights with a floating travel voucher.
Any risk of travel at this point seems irresponsible for our own safety.
We are both healthy at this point and would like to keep it that way.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:45 PM   #57

Model: A.C.E 27.2
State: Louisiana
THOR #17883
Quote:
Called the dealer yesterday and postponed for a couple weeks.
They are very understanding of the situation and recommending it.
Canceled flights with a floating travel voucher.
Any risk of travel at this point seems irresponsible for our own safety.
We are both healthy at this point and would like to keep it that way.
I think that you made a good call....
Old 03-31-2020, 09:31 PM   #58

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Reality bites.

What would you do with 1,000s of young people, put them in jail? Kind of hard to enforce until danger is accepted to greater degree by all.
Take a look at the data of where all those kids went after they left the beaches. They dispersed back to their homes all over the country. Potentially taking the disease with them. Those young people were allowed to party and intermingle AFTER the President declared a State of Emergency. Fortunately for Florida the majority of those people left the state or they would probably be in the same shape as New Orleans. Bad judgment by the governors of both states.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote