Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2020, 06:43 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #14312
Just FYI: I live in TN. My neighbor just came up from FL yesterday. He said GA cops are stopping people with out of state tags. If you are from the New Orleans area, or NY city you have the choice of turning around, going into a 14 day quarantine, or getting a ticket. Hopefully other states are not as Draconian.

Old 03-28-2020, 07:16 PM   #22

Brand: Cruiser
Model: Georgetown 30x3
State: Idaho
THOR #17441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Just FYI: I live in TN. My neighbor just came up from FL yesterday. He said GA cops are stopping people with out of state tags. If you are from the New Orleans area, or NY city you have the choice of turning around, going into a 14 day quarantine, or getting a ticket. Hopefully other states are not as Draconian.
I doubt they’ve roadblocked the Interstate. A lot of Canadian snowbirds have been traveling back to Canada in fear the border from NY might close.

Maybe a rumor about this guy: https://www.dui.info/man-impersonati...enforce-curfew

BTW: I’d go.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:31 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #14312
I don't know the particulars. Lots of crazy stories going around.

I would not go. The problem is if you get sick or need medical help of any kind, for ANY reason, you may wind up in a room with Covid19 people. There only has to be one. Also you will be making gas stops, possibly rest stops, replenish food at some point. Many ways to pick up infections. Why risk it? We will wait until about mid July to make the travel call. By then it should be coming down off the peak. But between now and then that is going to be a mighty steep Covid19 infection/death hill...
Old 03-28-2020, 08:00 PM   #24
TMD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy Class C
State: Texas
THOR #16695
I'd go. We just got back from Big Bend in Texas and have decided to go back. We didn't have interaction with anyone but the desert and mountains. Actually less contact going than staying.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:58 PM   #25

State: Alabama
THOR #15026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedog91902 View Post
We've booked a short trip to Sedona and back to San Diego. Usually we don't interact with others, never visit shops or restaurants. None this trip. Open air bicycling is our passion. Actually our exposure to others is less than staying home.

We also don't often break rules.

Go or stay home?
I would strongly suggest that you stay wherever you are and postpone any trips. I live in Alabama and so far the only death we have had in our city came from a man who had traveled out of state (not sure which state yet).

The Governor of Florida is closing it's border to cars with license plates from epicenters like Louisiana, New York, Illinois and other states where residents may be fleeing from due to high cases in their state. As of note, I see where the mayor of New Orleans is trying to blame President Trump for not forcing them to cancel Mardi Gras. I'm sorry, but the blame for any Covid 19 related sickness or death from the influx of out of state Mardi Gras visitors falls only at the feet of the New Orleans Mayor and the Governor of that state. Mobile, AL where I live also holds Mardi Gras each year (we were the birthplace of Mardi Gras) and did so this year as well. However, our Mayor enacted some additional measures to keep larger crowds from gathering and instituted other measures to help keep everyone safer. Now whether or not our Mardi Gras could have contributed to the cases here may never be known but at least our elected officials are not placing the blame on anyone else.

We usually travel to Texas each year for my daughter's birthday but we have chosen to delay that until authorities say it is safe to do. I don't want visitors from other states coming into Alabama and I won't risk the citizens of other states by traveling into their states either. We all need to "hunker down" in our own towns and state until this passes.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:04 PM   #26

THOR #15026
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDguy View Post
I doubt they’ve roadblocked the Interstate. A lot of Canadian snowbirds have been traveling back to Canada in fear the border from NY might close.

Maybe a rumor about this guy: https://www.dui.info/man-impersonati...enforce-curfew

BTW: I’d go.
Actually Canada has closed it's borders to all non-citizens so if you don't live there, you won't get in.

I know the Florida governor is taking measures to keep out of state license places from epi centers like New York, Illinois, Louisiana and others from entering their state. I can actually see this happening more and more as this spreads. Everyone needs to restrict their travel and not cross into states where you don't live. Please heed the "hunker down" order because if people don't heed it, I believe that more and more states will begin to close their borders. Everyone needs to do their part to stop this spread.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:08 PM   #27

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
Easter is not that far away so we can all hunker down until then and then we can finally get back to work
Old 03-28-2020, 10:14 PM   #28

THOR #17441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh.vines@att.net View Post
Easter is not that far away so we can all hunker down until then and then we can finally get back to work
I wouldn’t hold out much hope there. Nothing happens on Easter to make it special for the pandemic.

I agree with the Administration’s desire to get America back to work. Unless a miracle cure or vaccine emerges I expect we will see gradual changes in Federal Guidance and more gradual adoption by States. Hot spots like NY and New Orleans will not reduce restrictions until the number of active cases turns down. Might even increase them if the tide doesn’t change. Might be a few months.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:15 PM   #29

THOR #17441
[QUOTE=Rosemary;228833]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDguy View Post

BTW: I’d go.[/QUOTET

Actually Canada has closed it's borders to all non-citizens so if you don't live there, you won't get in.

I know the Florida governor is taking measures to keep out of state license places from epi centers like New York, Illinois, Louisiana and others from entering their state. I can actually see this happening more and more as this spreads. Everyone needs to restrict their travel and not cross into states where you don't live. Please heed the "hunker down" order because if people don't heed it, I believe that more and more states will begin to close their borders. Everyone needs to do their part to stop this spread.
So are there roadblocks on I95 and I10?
Old 03-28-2020, 10:32 PM   #30

THOR #15026
[QUOTE=IDguy;228846]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post

So are there roadblocks on I95 and I10?
I know there probably will be "checkpoints" as Gov. DeSantos is calling them on I10 and probably I95. Our local news station (out of Mobile, AL) went to the borders and spoke to some state troopers who said "it is coming" but at this point there is nothing set up right now. When I mentioned Canada's border closing it was to NON RESIDENTS so if there are Canadian Snowbirds wanting to get home they will be let back in but no one else. I saw where the "Royals" Harry and Megan left Canada to weather out the pandemic in Los Angeles (why they thought to leave Canada for one of the epi centers I have no idea) but unless they every got Canadian Citizenship, they are not "supposed" to be let back in. But I am sure that just like all the celebrities that seem to have no trouble getting tested for Covid 19 (even though they say they didn't have symptoms) there will always be special favors given to those and other presumed more important people unlike the majority of us..
Old 03-28-2020, 10:52 PM   #31
Cpd

State: New Hampshire
THOR #14097
We were in Texas when it all started. Decided to stay in place rather than make the trek back to NE. We're keeping to ourselves and only go out to get groceries. The rv park isnt taking new reservations so it gets quite all the time. On the ocean and nobody can come in unless they have a camper/rv here.
Stay safe everyone.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:53 PM   #32

THOR #15026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpd View Post
We were in Texas when it all started. Decided to stay in place rather than make the trek back to NE. We're keeping to ourselves and only go out to get groceries. The rv park isnt taking new reservations so it gets quite all the time. On the ocean and nobody can come in unless they have a camper/rv here.
Stay safe everyone.
Stay safe!
Old 03-28-2020, 10:54 PM   #33
Cpd

State: New Hampshire
THOR #14097
Thanks
Old 03-28-2020, 11:20 PM   #34

THOR #3471
The state cannot block a federal interstate only the military
Old 03-29-2020, 12:03 AM   #35

Model: Windsport 32R
State: South Carolina
THOR #17209
South Carolina State Parks are closed. In Myrtle Beach, all hotels, motels, rental condos and homeless tents are closed. Home Depot and Lowe's have restricted hours. Grocery stores are empty. All the folks running from NYC have to leave. The good thing is, they can take all the toilet paper they bought with them.
The cat is out of the bag and this virus will be just like NYC eventually. It is airborne so not being able to find ANY n95 masks puts everyone at risk.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:13 AM   #36

THOR #15026
Quote:
The state cannot block a federal interstate only the military
Well, it may come to that because the gauntlet has been thrown down and there is a suggestion that the President may put a forced Quarantine into place for New York, New Jersey and Connecticut since large numbers of citizens are fleeing those states and traveling to other states. People are not doing what they are supposed to do to help flatten the curve so times may call for drastic measures. Unfortunately, this seems to be the world we are now living in.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:30 AM   #37

THOR #3471
Too late now. Be like shutting the gate after the horses got out. I’ve seen lots of NY plates here on I75 headed south
Old 03-29-2020, 12:37 AM   #38

THOR #15026
Quote:
Too late now. Be like shutting the gate after the horses got out. I’ve seen lots of NY plates here on I75 headed south
Yep, it's sad to see states that normally embrace tourists now having to choose to turn them away. I am afraid that those NY plates will eventually be stopped before entering "some" states. The question is what state they will end up in and what affect they may have on that states Covid 19 infections. Sad as it seems, this may be why some states have clarified that gun stores are considered essential businesses and may remain open. This may get violent before the curve flattens and that is so sad.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:52 AM   #39

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #4064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedog91902 View Post
We've booked a short trip to Sedona and back to San Diego. Usually we don't interact with others, never visit shops or restaurants. None this trip. Open air bicycling is our passion. Actually our exposure to others is less than staying home.

We also don't often break rules.

Go or stay home?

Never trade freedom for security.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:18 AM   #40
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
If you decide to go keep in mind your might be asked to leave after you get to where you are going. We are at a KOA in NC and once we got here the Governor issued a stay at home order effective at 5PM Monday. We will be heading back home Monday morning which is one day earlier than planned.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote