Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 07:02 PM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
There is no humor in people getting sick and/or dying.
But some of the crazy conspiracies are hilarious!
As are the long-term side-effects...

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1632855827
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cyclops.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	33955  

Old 09-28-2021, 07:13 PM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Did I tell you about my Missus taking the vaccine shots?

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1632856424
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Side-Effects.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	33956  
Old 09-28-2021, 07:34 PM   #23
RCS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Texas
THOR #24446
The "Chance" is that you missed my point (pun intended). Sarcasm can be a form of humor, but the point I was trying to make, perhaps badly, was that there is another side to the view of the vaccine - that it is not all sunshine and butterflies. Some folks are truly hurt by the vaccine. The humor that ya'll find so great is ok, but there is another view point, which seems to really upset some folks when it is expressed.

I spent years as a USAF fighter pilot and quite understand the idea of gallows humor, it was a routine part of our life. But unfortunately I don't appreciate the one way street this takes when a countering view is expressed and the moderator suddenly swoops in and ends the thread.
Old 09-28-2021, 07:34 PM   #24
RCS

THOR #24446
my son is ok now, by the way. I pray that he stays that way.
Old 09-28-2021, 07:50 PM   #25

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCS View Post
my son is ok now, by the way. I pray that he stays that way.

Great to hear.

Please trust me, I see no humor in Covid. I just didn’t understand why you would ask a doctor a question there can be no answer to unless your son was showing signs of permanent damage. That part wasn’t clear to me, and was asking more out of concern.
Old 09-28-2021, 07:55 PM   #26
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCS View Post
The "Chance" is that you missed my point (pun intended). Sarcasm can be a form of humor, but the point I was trying to make, perhaps badly, was that there is another side to the view of the vaccine - that it is not all sunshine and butterflies. Some folks are truly hurt by the vaccine. The humor that ya'll find so great is ok, but there is another view point, which seems to really upset some folks when it is expressed.

I spent years as a USAF fighter pilot and quite understand the idea of gallows humor, it was a routine part of our life. But unfortunately I don't appreciate the one way street this takes when a countering view is expressed and the moderator suddenly swoops in and ends the thread.
Sarcastic humor, especially gallows humor, to be funny has to have a thread of truth in it. Your son, like many, may have had some short term side effects from the vaccine, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDC
Long-Term Side Effects Are Unlikely
Serious side effects that could cause a long-term health problem are extremely unlikely following any vaccination, including COVID-19 vaccination. Vaccine monitoring has historically shown that side effects generally happen within six weeks of receiving a vaccine dose.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...vaccine%20dose.

Now do I believe everything that comes out of the CDC mouthpieces? Not hardly - just look at post #12 above, pretty funny. But they are the best science we have on this crap right now.

I'm glad your son is OK now and if he gets a breakthrough case of COVID his chances are better to get through it if vaccinated and he has no other complicating health problems. Best of health to you and the rest of your family as well.

Now if you want to see COVID funny:

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
Old 09-28-2021, 08:18 PM   #27

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Did I tell you about my Missus taking the vaccine shots?

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1632856424
LOL. Yeah right - you WISH!!!!
Old 09-28-2021, 08:25 PM   #28

THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Sarcastic humor, especially gallows humor, to be funny has to have a thread of truth in it. Your son, like many, may have had some short term side effects from the vaccine, but:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...vaccine%20dose.

Now do I believe everything that comes out of the CDC mouthpieces? Not hardly - just look at post #12 above, pretty funny. But they are the best science we have on this crap right now.

I'm glad your son is OK now and if he gets a breakthrough case of COVID his chances are better to get through it if vaccinated and he has no other complicating health problems. Best of health to you and the rest of your family as well.

Now if you want to see COVID funny:

I respectfully disagree. I believe the CDC has morphed into something other. And I'll end that there.

Here's how I see the CDC, and yes - I find this interpretation extremely funny.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Vaccines-BidenAdmin.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	33960  
Old 09-28-2021, 08:25 PM   #29

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Was it a rhetorical question or were you expecting an answer?

Since you didn’t mention what happened to your son, or what made you question permanent long-term damage, it’s difficult to see humor in your point.

Doctors can only know what they know about, right? My sister and brother in-law had Covid and spent time in hospital. Both had some lung damage which improved over a few months, but doctors can predict there is permanent damage based on years of seeing similar scarring not caused by Covid. On the other hand, I got sick after my second shot, but recovered after a few days. Asking a doctor if I may experience any long term damage would be like asking him/her what makes gravity work. They probably wouldn’t answer that either.

Sorry about your son, but we need more context to see the humor, or sarcasm, depending on one’s views.

P.S. — I’m glad I got vaccinated because without it (among other factors) I would not be attending college football games; and I really missed those last season.

If you’re vaxxed & live in TX…
Why would you wear a mask at an outdoor football game?

…said the guy in California who must mask-up everywhere & show vaxx card to enter sporting events
Old 09-28-2021, 08:30 PM   #30
RCS

THOR #24446
As long as we are linking to Covid humor, here is some of the funniest:
Biden: 'We Can Return To Normal When 3.5 Trillion Americans Have Been Vaccinated'
https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-we...een-vaccinated

Warning, the Babylon Bee is a satire site (this is your trigger warning)
Old 09-28-2021, 09:48 PM   #31
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
LOL. Yeah right - you WISH!!!!
I never said that I was a "leg-man"...
Old 09-28-2021, 10:14 PM   #32

THOR #12189
Quote:
I never said that I was a "leg-man"...
with that? I sure hope not. If two are better than one, then 3 can make a man lose his mind!
Old 09-28-2021, 11:08 PM   #33
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I know I covered up her face, so you have to trust me: she's just as lovely above the clavicles.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:10 PM   #34

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
I like these threads especially the jokes etc.
Life is short for all of us
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Old 09-28-2021, 11:10 PM   #35

THOR #12189
Quote:
I know I covered up her face, so you have to trust me: she's just as lovely above the clavicles.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:11 PM   #36

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
If you’re vaxxed & live in TX…
Why would you wear a mask at an outdoor football game?

…said the guy in California who must mask-up everywhere & show vaxx card to enter sporting events

Yes, I was vaccinated early this year, which makes it about 7~8 months ago. I have probably lost considerable protection, although I’m glad it was Moderna with higher strength and duration.

The four games were not in Texas. Regardless, no vaccine or mask requirements. When you stuff up to +/- 90,000 screaming fans into tight quarters with very few wearing masks (I’d guess less than 5%), the fact that it’s outdoors doesn’t help much.

Funny thing is that I started feeling cold-like symptoms this afternoon and I’m now running a slight fever. I hope it’s just a cold or flu which my mom’s hospice nurse told me was spreading through the area. If it’s Covid bug, and she gets it from me, I doubt she can survive it at her age and in her condition. I was hesitant going to games because of her, not because of me. Hope it’s just a cold
Old 09-29-2021, 12:06 AM   #37
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
I like these threads especially the jokes etc.
Life is short for all of us
Amen...
Old 09-29-2021, 12:40 AM   #38
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post

Funny thing is that I started feeling cold-like symptoms this afternoon and I’m now running a slight fever. I hope it’s just a cold or flu which my mom’s hospice nurse told me was spreading through the area. If it’s Covid bug, and she gets it from me, I doubt she can survive it at her age and in her condition. I was hesitant going to games because of her, not because of me. Hope it’s just a cold
So do I. But even a cold can be traumatic for the elderly. I always put off visiting my father in the last years of his life if I felt under the weather.

When this COVID crap came up last year it was very difficult for me as I always visited him every 2 to 3 weeks and and prepared his medicine into packaged doses and had done this for 10 years to insure he had no dosing problems. But the threat of infecting him with COVID kept me away for several months and I had to delegate all his care to his live-in caretakers. By June we had enough of the hysteria and resumed visiting him, which turned out to be a good thing as he passed away at the end of July from old age complications including dementia which had him it's grip for his last two years.

Take care of yourself and best of health to your mother.

Now for some more COVID humor:

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
Old 09-29-2021, 12:51 AM   #39

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
I got my vaccine shots a while back, but I have since learned there are economic possibilities for accepting the countering view. If all the pro vaccine people would invest in companies that support the anti vaxxers; we can all be happy and live with one another (or not)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dont get vaccinated.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	33982  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 09-29-2021, 12:11 PM   #40
RCS

THOR #24446
If you like horse racing and getting vaccinated, you will love the Jab Cup from Australia:
Closed Thread