Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-24-2020, 07:58 PM   #1
Administrator

Brand: Airstream
Model: Overlander
State: Washington
THOR #2
New forum for Covid-19 Topics - README

Please read carefully:

Because of the very high interest and posting activity regarding COVID-19, the site team has established this temporary new forum to contain all threads related to this topic. We have moved existing threads on this topic to this new forum and will continue to move posts and new threads to this area of the forum, regardless of where they were initially posted.

All Community Rules will be strictly enforced in this forum. Posts in violation of the rules may be deleted without notification based on the judgment of the moderators. In addition, posts that exhibit fear-mongering or other anti-social behavior may result in the author’s posting privileges being restricted. Please be especially cautious about posting politically charged content and be sure to report problem posts.

There has been a lot of very useful information and perspective shared here on this topic, but unfortunately also a good bit that doesn't align with forum rules. Please respect your fellow members by thinking through this before posting:

- Is it true?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it kind?

If you have any questions about this, feel free to message any moderator.

Wishing good health to all,
The Site Team

P.S. Now go wash your hands!

Old 04-02-2020, 04:40 AM   #2

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Thanks for creating this section and taking the time to move the relevant threads to it.
YOU ROCK!
Old 04-02-2020, 05:26 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Wonderful idea, especially with so many of us here in the high risk category.
Thank you!
GVP
Old 04-02-2020, 10:53 AM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Thank you for providing this for us!
Old 04-02-2020, 03:06 PM   #5

State: California
THOR #16919
Consider This

Another good aseptic technique to employ is to take steps to avoid virus transmission when filling your fuel at gas pumps. This virus is extremely contagious and can be easily spread by someone passing through that stops for gasoline.

1.Wear latex or nitrile gloves and carefully remove and dispose of them when finished.
2. Wipe the pump handle, touchscreen, buttons, anything you would touch with your hands with a germicidal wipe.
3. Clean your hands with a germicidal hand cleaner after you're done (keep a bottle in each of your vehicles).
4. Wash your hands really well when you get back home or to your destination.

I do know that in our area here in Southern California our Costco Gas Station Attendants are using germicidal spray and wipes on every pump after every customer gets done pumping gas. That's awesome! Costco has really stepped up inside and outside and taken this pandemic seriously.
I don't know how other gasoline vendors are handling their operations but don't take anything for granted. Stay safe
2017 Thor Miramar 34.1
Crimson Quartz
Dilley Dilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:41 AM   #6

Brand: Jayco
Model: Alante
State: West Virginia
THOR #5597
It would be nice to be able to use wipes and disinfectant if I could find any, on a brighter note, I was able to find TP today.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:59 PM   #7

THOR #16919
Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Data

Hopefully some find this useful. You can hover over the map and click on specific areas to get the latest data that has been reported. There is always a chance that some places aren't being completely transparent with their data reporting. Stay safe.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
2017 Thor Miramar 34.1
Crimson Quartz
Old 04-03-2020, 09:37 PM   #8

Model: Tuscany
State: Texas
THOR #1808
: thumb:
Old 04-03-2020, 10:22 PM   #9

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch S View Post
It would be nice to be able to use wipes and disinfectant if I could find any, on a brighter note, I was able to find TP today.
I would agree. I just found TP over 3 weeks searching for this elusive extinct product. I think I might buy a lottery ticket.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:26 PM   #10

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Our Bexar County sheriff was on TV last night saying you should NOT call 911 for toiler paper. The dispatchers have received 189 calls so far this week requesting help in finding toilet paper.

Wonderful place I chose to retire!
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:22 PM   #11

Model: Outlaw 29T
State: Florida
THOR #18315
Lotto tickets are too small......
Old 04-05-2020, 06:22 PM   #12

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
I tell my Dear Wife...”two squares a day”
Old 04-06-2020, 12:41 AM   #13

Model: 24TF Compass / Mercedes
THOR #17969
Proper Glove Removal

The wearing of gloves must be followed with proper removal in order to be effective and not transfer the virus back onto the wearer. Here is a simple instructional video.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:55 AM   #14

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Another good site is healthdata.org. Shows latest statistics by US as a whole and also states.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:44 AM   #15

THOR #16919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensob View Post
The wearing of gloves must be followed with proper removal in order to be effective and not transfer the virus back onto the wearer. Here is a simple instructional video.

Great information!
There is a lot more to proper aseptic techniques than just wearing gloves, masks and gowns. There is a proper procedure for donning and doffing PPE so that you have a better chance of protecting yourself and others from transmission. This whole idea really can't be overstated. This is also the reason why it requires so much PPE to safely deal with this pandemic. Stay at home and Stay Alive. The sooner we all get on the same page, the sooner we can get back to RVing. Wash your hands
2017 Thor Miramar 34.1
Crimson Quartz
Old 04-07-2020, 01:11 AM   #16

Model: 24TF Compass / Mercedes
THOR #17969
gloves

And please, please, please dispose of the gloves or other PPE in the trash and not on the ground, highway, or somewhere other than the trash. We need to stop being our own worst enemy when it comes to our environment.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:26 PM   #17

Model: Ace 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #14603
COVID-19 Traveling from Florida

Traveling from Florida New to the RV traveling is anyone having problems traveling to other states from Florida thank you
Old 01-06-2022, 03:06 PM   #18

State: Alabama
THOR #15026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley Dilley View Post
Great information!

There is a lot more to proper aseptic techniques than just wearing gloves, masks and gowns. There is a proper procedure for donning and doffing PPE so that you have a better chance of protecting yourself and others from transmission. This whole idea really can't be overstated. This is also the reason why it requires so much PPE to safely deal with this pandemic. Stay at home and Stay Alive. The sooner we all get on the same page, the sooner we can get back to RVing. Wash your hands
What really flabbergasts me is when I see people in public wearing gloves but then eating, drinking, blowing their noses, touching their eyes, etc., etc. They are doing exactly the same actions that they would do if they weren't wearing gloves. So, instead of any bacteria or germs they might have picked up on their hands is picked up on the gloves and transferred into their system the same way as if they didn't have gloves on. This article has good information BUT unless you are a trained medical professional that UNDERSTANDS the reasoning behind why gloves are worn (and what you should and should not do and touch while wearing them) and how to properly remove and dispose EVERY TIME, they are not being protected. In actually, they are at a higher risk for contracting COVID 19 than someone who doesn't wear gloves. The science and reasoning behind that is WITHOUT gloves you are more likely to thoroughly wash and disinfect your hands more regularly. Also, any medical professional will tell you that AFTER removing your gloves you need to wash and/or sanitize your hands. Also, the theory behind wearing masks is to prevent any germs/viruses the WEARER might have from transmitting to anyone THEY are in contact with. The way most medical grade masks are designed (if worn properly) is to prevent OUTWARD transmission from the wearer, not to prevent INWARD transmission to the wearer. Most medical personal in direct contact with a COVID patient will have SEVERAL barriers such as a mask, plastic shield and/or a closed system respiratory/oxygen tank. Just my two cents but I find it odd that COVID transmission is highest in areas where there are mask mandates and you see people walking around like they are participating in germ warfare. As a Retired Registered Nurse, I received my two Vaccine shots and a Booster and had my husband do as well. Neither of us wear masks (or heaven forbid) gloves when we go out. Both of us are in our mid to upper 60's and have been 100% healthy during the Pandemic. Yes, everyone needs to do what they feel comfortable doing to stay safe BUT, please read up and understand why and for what purpose PPE's are being used for and then, use them properly, A THE TIME. Oh, one last thing, if you are in your private car BY YOURSELF or with someone you live with, you do not need to wear a mask nor do you need to wear one walking outside by yourself. Just think before you act and understand the reasoning behind any precautions for protection.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:13 AM   #19

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
What really flabbergasts me is when I see people in public wearing gloves but then eating, drinking, blowing their noses, touching their eyes, etc., etc. They are doing exactly the same actions that they would do if they weren't wearing gloves. So, instead of any bacteria or germs they might have picked up on their hands is picked up on the gloves and transferred into their system the same way as if they didn't have gloves on. This article has good information BUT unless you are a trained medical professional that UNDERSTANDS the reasoning behind why gloves are worn (and what you should and should not do and touch while wearing them) and how to properly remove and dispose EVERY TIME, they are not being protected. In actually, they are at a higher risk for contracting COVID 19 than someone who doesn't wear gloves. The science and reasoning behind that is WITHOUT gloves you are more likely to thoroughly wash and disinfect your hands more regularly. Also, any medical professional will tell you that AFTER removing your gloves you need to wash and/or sanitize your hands. Also, the theory behind wearing masks is to prevent any germs/viruses the WEARER might have from transmitting to anyone THEY are in contact with. The way most medical grade masks are designed (if worn properly) is to prevent OUTWARD transmission from the wearer, not to prevent INWARD transmission to the wearer. Most medical personal in direct contact with a COVID patient will have SEVERAL barriers such as a mask, plastic shield and/or a closed system respiratory/oxygen tank. Just my two cents but I find it odd that COVID transmission is highest in areas where there are mask mandates and you see people walking around like they are participating in germ warfare. As a Retired Registered Nurse, I received my two Vaccine shots and a Booster and had my husband do as well. Neither of us wear masks (or heaven forbid) gloves when we go out. Both of us are in our mid to upper 60's and have been 100% healthy during the Pandemic. Yes, everyone needs to do what they feel comfortable doing to stay safe BUT, please read up and understand why and for what purpose PPE's are being used for and then, use them properly, A THE TIME. Oh, one last thing, if you are in your private car BY YOURSELF or with someone you live with, you do not need to wear a mask nor do you need to wear one walking outside by yourself. Just think before you act and understand the reasoning behind any precautions for protection.
Some good information but I still question the efficacy of the vaccine and preventative measures. Misinformation abounds and much is used as a control measure against the masses. Examples are the self appointed "medical experts" at twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other social media sites that censor and alter opposing messaging. Google, and other search engines, divert searches based on their agenda and of course who pays the advertising $$$. I wonder where Jack Dorsey, Susan Wojcicki, Sundar Pichai, and a few others got their medical degrees.

It's hard to say there is free and open discussion about covid that is not political because both, maybe 10, sides of the aisle use it to promote agendas. In some ways to be antisocial is the best protection from any disease especially a politically charged one. Both my GF and I are not big crowd types and as such our travels are relatively safe. I agree about ridiculous mask wearing. A single individual driving in a car, someone getting out of a helicopter and walking alone across the tarmac, even saw some in FL wearing a mask on a motorcycle but not wearing a helmet.

Last year a friend was telling how proud and careful she was. At the gas station she got her nitrile gloves on, took a wipe cloth to the nozzle and card reader, dispensed her gas and after finishing and removing her gloves, carefully put them in her purse. Course she's strange in a lot of ways.

Sadly too often these threads end up with threatening, intimidating, insulting, and dismissive comments which to put it one way, pisses people off. Some snowflakes get insulted way too easily though and no one has a right to be not offended.

Happy safe trails to all.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:55 PM   #20

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
I’m scheduled to get the J&J shot today even though I have acquired natural immunity from previously contracting the Alpha variant in Feb 2021.

So then why get the experimental shot now, you ask?

- isn’t the pandemic over/coming to a close?
- don’t the vaccines have 0% efficacy of preventing/reducing risk of contracting “the Cron”?

With business, specifically trade shows, now coming back to life and being scheduled throughout 2022…nearly all events on the books for March thru October require:
- proof of vaccine
or
- a daily negative test

Have you seen the test lines lately?

So I’m giving-in even though my family is trying to stop me.

I’m a 67 yr old male with heart disease.
I’m praying to God that the side effects will only be temporary.