Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 04:12 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
Two who were unvaccinated are fine and two with vaccine died? This is exactly opposite of all the data out there.

As far as too political, a virus has no political persuasion. It doesn't think or rationalize. It sickens and kills with no thought to whether you are R or D or Independent. A vaccine isn't political either it has no preference as to whether those who take the shot are R, D or I. The vaccine will do what it was designed to do regardless of your political persuasion. The pandemic and the vaccines are not political, we humans have made them political. This pandemic will not go away anytime soon till we humans with the ability to think and rationalize understand that politics has no place in a pandemic response.
Sadly this equates with much of our experience which is admittedly a small pool. Politics out of equation, we are semi isolated except for shopping, visit kids and trips to race track. We have family across country and due to short development time and small pool of our experience we hesitate. All the "pandemic of unvaccinated" is polittical and very fast conclusion. We already saw where "get shot, you are free". That turned out not to be true. We have had zero impact on virus transmission unless we are completely immune and a carrier. Docs mixed on vax but in absolute agreement is very early.

We trust our direct experience over news/political reports. May or may not turn out wrong but is our choice.

The information out there is still far from conclusive from what we see. Media disappointing, local paper published FL set "new record" after CDC admitted numbers was wrong.

Old 08-12-2021, 05:19 PM   #22

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
I only know of 4 people that have had covid. 2 unvaccinated said it was either like a cold or mild flu symptoms, the other 2 were vaccinated and they both passed away from covid.

The wife and myself have not taken the jab, it's to political and just don't trust it, maybe many years down the road I might take it. Might.
Our 65 year old friend just passed from covid, fully vaccinated as well

Three weeks after second jab

We and over half of a huge family have chosen not to take it as well
Old 08-12-2021, 06:11 PM   #23

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
So one's waiting on a final sign-off from a political agency and the other says that the vaccine is "too political".

Neither is apparently convinced of the efficacy of the vaccines from the millions of points of data from around the world and multitudes of studies from the well respected medical community.

And we wonder why we're in this wave of new infections.
Their have also been many professionals in the medical community around the world saying the vaccine is not safe. So who do you believe? can't believe the Government they're as crooked as dog's hind leg, you can't believe in MASK WORK, if they worked why did they let prisoners out instead of giving them mask. if things are so bad, why is the southern border still open and why have they not shut down international travel.
Too much flip flopping, too much hypocrisy, too much politics.
I believe that everyone should do what they feel is right for them.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:29 PM   #24

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
My wife and I had the covid shot..not a vaccine since not a fix like polio..we stay safe. Camp a lot ..mask if store requires.. someone we need to work together..
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Old 08-12-2021, 06:37 PM   #25

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
Our 65 year old friend just passed from covid, fully vaccinated as well
Three weeks after second jab
We and over half of a huge family have chosen not to take it as well
My 69 yr old friend had his 2nd Pfizer dose.
That afternoon and thru the night, the right side of his body became numb. Then he had slurred speech.
Went to hospital and was told he had a stroke
There are no conspiracies, and there are no coincidences

My wife’s endocrinologist instructed her to wait on the vaccine.
Afraid that vaccine complications would require changes in medication to keep her Type 2 diabetes at bay.
Said to wait until “we know more”
Old 08-12-2021, 07:21 PM   #26

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
The doctors here say the vaccine does not prevent you from getting CV-19D, or spreading the virus if you are infected. What is does do is reduce chances of being hospitalized to a low level. Bexar County statistics currently show 91% of the people hospitalized for CV-19 are unvaccinated, 6% have had their first shot and 3% where fully vaccinated or had previously recovered from the virus. None of the 500+ CV-19 positive patients in ICU were vaccinated. The County is not critical for beds but is actively recruiting additional hospital staff to cope with the surge in hospitalizations. The County has gone from a positivity rate of 3.4 to 19.1 in three weeks. This is a time to be extremely careful with whom you spend time.
Not sure I totally buy what those doctors are selling.

For sure the jab will reduce symptoms and most likely keep you out of the hospital..... 97% of all hospitalized right now are unvaccinated.

But I also just read the long-term studies..... we now have 6 months of vaccine data... show that Moderna has a 76% efficacy rate against Delta and higher on the original strains.

However, Pfizer has a 42% efficacy rates and studies also are showing a booster will be needed after 6 months. If your friends had the Pfizer shot, it would stand to reason that they picked up COVID because the vaccine was wearing off... if they got one of the early strains... or they got Delta because there is less than a 50% chance it will stop it.

This is one of the reasons that by tomorrow the FDA and CDC will likely approve a booster for immuno-compromised people as the first stage of boosters and then open it up to eveyrone else.
Old 08-13-2021, 02:16 PM   #27

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I have never heard or read
How much a shot costs to make
How much the govt pays to buy the shot
How much shot givers like Wal-Mart are paid per shot
Who pays for the maybe 20 percent(a guess) of shots wasted by time and border boundary Requirements.
Why they're begging folks to get shots but a booster would be regulated dispersal

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
Old 08-13-2021, 03:21 PM   #28

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Who pays for the maybe 20 percent(a guess) of shots wasted by time and border boundary Requirements.
Why they're begging folks to get shots but a booster would be regulated dispersal

Pfizer - $19.50
Moderna -$32
J & J -$10
Novavax - $16
These were the cost per shot for the first 200 million shots. The US has given away 3 billion shots to other countries so far. Follow-on shots cost about $9 each.
Total cost to develop, and administer vaccines under project "warp speed" about 10 billion dollars.
Walgreens charges Medicare-Care $9.00 to give us the flue shot plus $10 for the Flu vaccine. I would guess it is the same for CV-19.
According to University Health of San Antonio, less the 200 doses of CV-19 vaccine of the 1.3 million doses administered in Bexar County where time or temperature expired.

Vaccine doses (strength and who) is strictly regulated by the FDA and CDC. There has to be a phase three trial to show safety and efficacy of each shot, pill or infusion. Phase three trials have only been going on for the Moderna and Pfizer for one month. Results will be available in three months. I do not know the state of trials for other vaccine manufacturers.
Old 08-13-2021, 03:43 PM   #29

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
In August of 2020 Phizer got a contract for 100 million doses from the US government for $20.

Moderna received a similar contract around the same time for a $30 dose

As far as the "booster" the logic is the whole world needs to be vaccinated. In some underdeveloped countries the vaccine is barely available. If we are to get this WORLD WIDE pandemic under control than we need to share the vaccines. The present Delta variant came from India a country with over 17% of the world's population (over 1.3 BILLIION) and only 8% vaccinated.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
Old 08-13-2021, 04:58 PM   #30
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
So how long do you think it will be; before the Government starts shutting things down again?
Old 08-13-2021, 05:03 PM   #31

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Why is this thread still “up”?
Old 08-13-2021, 05:23 PM   #32

THOR #13362
Because we all have opinions on the Vaccine
Old 08-13-2021, 05:32 PM   #33

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Fda approved booster.
Also Moderna works with the Delta virus
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Old 08-13-2021, 06:38 PM   #34

THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Fda approved booster.
Also Moderna works with the Delta virus

Unfortunately, it still does not have full FDA approval.

“On Thursday, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) expanded its emergency use authorization to apply to COVID-19 booster shots as the delta variant upends the reopening of the U.S.

The third dose is only approved for individuals who are immunocompromised, or who have weakened immune systems. Moderna and Pfizer are the two FDA-authorized vaccines that can be administered as a booster.”

Looking two-steps ahead…
Based on science…when the Lambda Variant enters the U.S. in the near future, both of the existing vaccines will become ineffective.

Which means that new, more effective inoculations will be needed.

"WE HAVE MET THE ENEMY AND HE IS US." Pogo - 1970
Old 08-13-2021, 07:36 PM   #35
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Approved or not: I'll be at the front of the line when we start getting "boostered".
Old 08-13-2021, 07:39 PM   #36

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
This forum has some pretty good thinkers and some mememe members.
I need your thoughts and suggestions

A mememe friend and his memeME wife have a problem.
He likes to take cruises, she's OK with 2 or 3 a yr.
She likes to visit family (she's 1 of 12 siblings) he's OK with 2 or 3 road trips a year.

He went against her wish and got the shot, mememe, she absolutely refuses to get the shot mememe.

It get worse, I know how he feels about family, mememe doesn't care if they get Delta.

I've tried to offer suggestions to work with her,
if she could would she refuse the Polio, Mumps, Smallpox vaccines, would she change the same for her children and grandchildren.
Hasn't changed her attitude at ALL it all about me

I haven't asked him to ask her yet "how will she feel if she gives Delta (when she gets it!!!) to her grandchildren and LARGE family. Some will be ok, some will not and a few will die!
Old 08-13-2021, 08:07 PM   #37

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Georgia
THOR #8078
I am a hospital-based doctor that works with Covid patients. 92% of our Covid admissions are UNVACCINATED. 99% of our Covid deaths are UNVACCINATED. I've talked with other doctors in the Southeast and their experience is similar. You do the math.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:33 PM   #38

State: Washington
THOR #6433
My wife is an RN in the emergency department and they have been getting backed up with all the covid rule outs with the unvaccinated. This isn’t a plug to get the shot it’s a personal choice but just make wise decisions if you don’t get. By that I mean don’t go to that concert, amusement park etc. think of others because unfortunately in her experience that’s who they are seeing. It puts such a strain on the system because when you come in with a heart attack there is no where to put you because the beds are all taken. Nothing is fool proof it’s a virus that will continue to spread. Just think about others. We should all be in this together.
Old 08-13-2021, 09:12 PM   #39

THOR #24089
Ivermectin

Not only have I been using .08% Ivermectin for my dogs heartworms for 30 years, it also works for Covid. So, if I feel I, or any of my family members are getting covid, they'll be getting the Ivermectin dosage.

"They" know it works (along with the Hydroxy cocktail but that needs a doctors prescription). Im not taking any bill gates made vaccine, as he secretly buys up all of America's private farmland...

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33278625/
Old 08-13-2021, 11:56 PM   #40
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis25.2 View Post
Not only have I been using .08% Ivermectin for my dogs heartworms for 30 years, it also works for Covid. So, if I feel I, or any of my family members are getting covid, they'll be getting the Ivermectin dosage.

"They" know it works (along with the Hydroxy cocktail but that needs a doctors prescription). Im not taking any bill gates made vaccine, as he secretly buys up all of America's private farmland...

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33278625/
Please provide citations for "bill gates made vaccine, as he secretly buys up all of America's private farmland" like you did for the Invermectin.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
Closed Thread