Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 11:59 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Thanks for all of the cost numbers in one easy to read post.

So...

What do know about the number of people sick with/died of/died from
Flu
Pneumonia
Bronchial disorder
In 2020 and 2021

And
What's the numbers for prior years?

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
Old 08-14-2021, 12:08 AM   #42

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post

So...

Flu
Pneumonia
Bronchial disorder
In 2020 and 2021

And
Google...
Roadmaster Invisibrake
Old 08-14-2021, 02:22 AM   #43

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post

So...

Flu
Pneumonia
Bronchial disorder
In 2020 and 2021

And
The numbers you want are subject to misinterpretation. Unless the patient dies in a hospital under the care of a group of doctors and one assigns the causes of death, there is no real way to verify the primary cause of death. Suppose a person is home with the flu and has a heart attack partially recovers then dies. Do you know who is going to sign the death certificate and are they competent? The US has a team of contact tracers that are trained on how record CV-19 deaths accurately. No like system exist for any other communicable diseases but leprosy and plague.
Old 08-14-2021, 02:45 AM   #44

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyhehn View Post
I am a hospital-based doctor that works with Covid patients. 92% of our Covid admissions are UNVACCINATED. 99% of our Covid deaths are UNVACCINATED. I've talked with other doctors in the Southeast and their experience is similar. You do the math.
Now you see who do you believe. I have several friends that are RN's and 2 doctors all at hospitals, one of them a children's hospital. And they're all dead set against the Jab and say roughly 60% or more of their covid patients have all been vaccinated. In for my yearly physical a couple of months back and my Doctor of over 20 years ask if I have been vaccinated, I said no I'm still undecided on it gave him my reasons why and asked his opinion. He told me that since I am healthy, numbers from lab's were all right where they should be and NO health issues, he suggested that I not take it, too many unknowns about the vaccine and nobody, NOBODY knows the long term affects of the vaccine.
Old 08-14-2021, 02:49 AM   #45

Model: Citation
THOR #8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis25.2 View Post
Not only have I been using .08% Ivermectin for my dogs heartworms for 30 years, it also works for Covid. So, if I feel I, or any of my family members are getting covid, they'll be getting the Ivermectin dosage.

"They" know it works (along with the Hydroxy cocktail but that needs a doctors prescription). Im not taking any bill gates made vaccine, as he secretly buys up all of America's private farmland...

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33278625/
your willing to take dog medicine and won't take a vaccine that has been given to ONE BILLION people, with amazing results

A few yrs ago I would not have believed you
Last year wasn't there someone suggesting we inject bleach or Lysol?
Old 08-14-2021, 02:56 AM   #46

Model: XG 32 Omni
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjbrtd View Post
your willing to take dog medicine and won't take a vaccine that has been given to ONE BILLION people, with amazing results

Why not? some of the medicine they give to dogs and many other animals, is also given to humans. One of the medications we give are dog comes from Walgreens pharmacy.
And those results are not that amazing, people have had complications from the jab, some serious some not so serious, some have even died. So it's not that amazing.
Old 08-14-2021, 04:04 AM   #47

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
My 69 yr old friend had his 2nd Pfizer dose.
That afternoon and thru the night, the right side of his body became numb. Then he had slurred speech.
Went to hospital and was told he had a stroke
There are no conspiracies, and there are no coincidences

.....cut....

Sorry to hear about your friend.

I know it is difficult to consider the math when consequences affect us personally, but we have to consider that stroke have been affecting Americans much before Covid, and will continue after Covid is gone.

According to records, approximately 130,000 Americans died of stroke in 2018 (before Covid), or one every 4 minutes. Considering almost 200 million Americans have been vaccinated, there is a high probability that some of those who had a stroke had been vaccinated recently. It could very well be coincidence.

In science just because two events occur one after the other does not mean one event caused the other.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1E3A8BAC-DE92-4408-AAAD-619ED25B3FDB.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	32817  
Old 08-14-2021, 11:49 AM   #48

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
So one's waiting on a final sign-off from a political agency and the other says that the vaccine is "too political".

Neither is apparently convinced of the efficacy of the vaccines from the millions of points of data from around the world and multitudes of studies from the well respected medical community.

And we wonder why we're in this wave of new infections.
Ain’t it grand! In my lifetime, I’ve had the following vaccinations. Polio, TDAP (just got a booster), 2 different pneumonia vaccines, 2 different shingles vaccines, encephalitis vaccine, hepatitis vaccine, and Pfizer Covid vaccine. I’ve had flu vaccinations each year for past several years. Had SARS vaccine ( on which the current Covid 19 vaccine is piggybacked). And those are only the ones that I can remember. I’m 64, fathered 2 great kids, haven’t grown a 3rd eye, or sprouted a new finger. And am fairly healthy and in good shape. To me it’s strange that the very people who want things to normalize are the ones that won’t vaccinate so we can get back to normal.
Old 08-14-2021, 12:38 PM   #49

THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjbrtd View Post

Last year wasn't there someone suggesting we inject bleach or Lysol?
Dog medicine has been used in third world for over 40 years on people
Effectively
Old 08-14-2021, 12:42 PM   #50

THOR #6903
Interesting that flu vanished

Thousands dead supposedly above the 7500-8000 typically per day

Housing shortage?

House prices up 20% or more

Misleading news media and double talking Doctors

The list goes on
Old 08-14-2021, 01:17 PM   #51

THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Ain’t it grand! In my lifetime, I’ve had the following vaccinations. Polio, TDAP (just got a booster), 2 different pneumonia vaccines, 2 different shingles vaccines, encephalitis vaccine, hepatitis vaccine, and Pfizer Covid vaccine. I’ve had flu vaccinations each year for past several years. Had SARS vaccine ( on which the current Covid 19 vaccine is piggybacked). And those are only the ones that I can remember. I’m 64, fathered 2 great kids, haven’t grown a 3rd eye, or sprouted a new finger. And am fairly healthy and in good shape. To me it’s strange that the very people who want things to normalize are the ones that won’t vaccinate so we can get back to normal.
Once more with feeling.
You're exactly the age for your mom maybe taking thalidomide.
She didn't, or you'd sure know she did.

Fda praised it...loudly.
ONE WOMAN, in a low level clerk position, battled the experts and saved a million children from it.

ONE, sole soul, job and life at stake, CORRECT, voice against the multitudes.

I don't care if you take the shot or not.
I do care how you're so blind to blindly follow spokesheads, or so pigheaded about some zealotry against it.
If you did/didn't based on a ponderance, good for you.

I asked for what I asked for in the two prior posts so many here, on either side, can be washed with fact instead of being baptized in snippets you heard in line at the grocery store.

If you can't see both sides, you won't understand either side.

Old 08-14-2021, 01:18 PM   #52

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
True dat. In fact, wasn't it alleged that it was going to magically all end after the election

But anyway... have you had the Dog Vaccine? Try that, and if you don't grow the 3rd eye, or sprout a new finger; you will certainly get a new tail; that is assuming you not one of the aliens that was flying aircraft spotted by military?

Scuba's family's well-being notwithstanding; I think we need to get back to how much Freshwater should be in the tank, I have a short trip this weekend, and my water tank is Full and my Wife refuse to drain it
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 08-14-2021, 03:34 PM   #53

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Get the vaccine, don't get the vaccine, that is your right, your personal chose.
What is not your right is to NOT take any precautions to protect your family, friends and neighbors from possibly infecting them with COVID.
It appears to me, at least in my neck of the woods, those that refuse to vaccinate are also the ones that won't mask up, social distance or do anything else to mitigate the spread of this disease. So here we are a year and a half later and people that didn't have to die from this disease still are. That is tragic!
Roadmaster Invisibrake
Old 08-14-2021, 03:49 PM   #54

THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
Get the vaccine, don't get the vaccine, that is your right, your personal chose.
What is not your right is to NOT take any precautions to protect your family, friends and neighbors from possibly infecting them with COVID.
It appears to me, at least in my neck of the woods, those that refuse to vaccinate are also the ones that won't mask up, social distance or do anything else to mitigate the spread of this disease. So here we are a year and a half later and people that didn't have to die from this disease still are. That is tragic!
Maskbcredibility was lost early on when it went from
Haz to be an n95 or you'll die
To
Any tshirt grandma cuts up for you is fine.

IF
they had a psa of say...
'If you absolutely can't find an n95, wear anything'
They might still have a bit of credibility.

Old 08-14-2021, 03:58 PM   #55
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
True in my area as well.
Seems you always have those that step up and put themselves on the front line for the good of the country, and those that just try to benefit from their actions without doing any of the heavy lifting.

Sure, taking an "experimental" vaccine is scary and fraught with possible dangers, but so is joining the military and fighting for the freedom to be able to make the choice to get vaccinated or not. Sometimes you just have to take the risk and step-up to do what is right for the majority and put your personal safety on the back burner. I think that's the point Duckface was trying to make with his "mememe" post.

And for those that don't want to step to the frontline (get vaccinated) it is inherent in that decision that they continue to social distance, mask up, and sanitize at every opportunity to aid in the fight. Not doing that and trying to enjoy the benefits of the vaccinated is why we continue to have these surges and mutations.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
Old 08-14-2021, 04:45 PM   #56

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Why is this thread still “up”?
I would have to ask also!
This topic is like favorite tire brand, best truck/chassis type & best battery/solar setup, it WILL NEVER end!
I would say if you want the shot, GET IT!
If you don't, DON'T!
If you feel the need to mask up DO IT, if not DON'T!
For now it's still a free country!
NO WAY will they ever get 100% vaccinated, if it makes it to 60% I'd be shocked. And NO WAY will we EVER know any TRUE facts or figures about any of it!!!!
It's that simple!
IMHO this is as much political as it is financial! Unfortunately the people of world are paying the price in $$$ and a good many with their lives!
It's been an excuse to raise prices on EVERYTHING, lack of availability for EVERYTHING & a great excuse for a severe lack of customer service by EVERYONE!
If the country shuts down again I fear our way of life as we knew a year & half ago will be gone, it's got a good start on it now! We can not afford another "run & hide" shut down! Most of the mom/pop businesses are gone, never to return & a good many of the smaller chains. To offset this we/they just keep "giving" money away, which also can not continue, at some point that will bite us/US in the a##!
Replacement undetermined
Old 08-14-2021, 05:11 PM   #57

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
We getting light thunderstorm in central Florida, thinking the TS impact be light. Have all standard preparations in place.

RV full of water, propane and gas. If power goes out we shower/sleep in a/c. We keep generators fueled and ready to use anyway.

Last Sat night had heavy thunderstorm with Tornado touching down north of us knocking bunch of sheds around like water bottles.

Got call yesterday vaxxed sister in law tested positive for covid along with married couple. Doc says with no severe symptoms beyond mild stomach, leave in place at ALF and monitor. Will stay in touch with them and see how she does.
Old 08-14-2021, 05:38 PM   #58

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
I would have to ask also!
.....cut....
NO WAY will they ever get 100% vaccinated, if it makes it to 60% I'd be shocked. .....cut....

As long as discussion remains civil, what’s the harm?

By the way, I thought we were already above 60%, but maybe that’s just counting adults.

In any case, if recent data is correct and most new deaths are unvaccinated, then the vaccinated percentage will increase automatically. In theory anyways, because in reality the death rate is too low to influence the average when spread over the entire US population. Regardless, I find it sad that individual deaths don’t move the statistical needle.
Old 08-14-2021, 07:07 PM   #59

State: Washington
THOR #6433
It’s a good thing covid isn’t Ebola, we would all be screwed. The sad thing is all the people that say they support our first responders. It’s nice seeing people say they support nurses because it makes you think that they really care. But since my wife is an RN in the ED and has to live this everyday she is at work. It’s clearly just a slogan so people can feel good about themselves. It’s the new F the police:
Old 08-14-2021, 07:31 PM   #60

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
This topic is like favorite tire brand, best truck/chassis type & best battery/solar setup, it WILL NEVER end!
Goodyear G670; Ford; VMax Tank 125ah Solar Batteries The End!!!

This topic will end and come to pass. In fact; it Ends every day for some. As long as we remain the USA and abide by the Constitution, Democracy finds a way, it sometimes takes time, and at great costs.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Closed Thread