Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 10:30 PM   #121

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
This thread shows the division that exists.

At some point someone mentioned "critical thinking"?

Current Admin pushing vax very hard, even for kids now. Trying to understand why the logical question never seems to get addressed, why push all americans to vax and leave south border open? Why is the NIH/CDC not protesting this?Furthermore, why move people throughout country with no transparency? No substantial mention of screening at border and real explaination of final destination? How does this actually benefit the average american?
B friggin ingo!
The virus is doing what it what designed to do. Kill what it can. This freakin thread is the type bonus xi jinping (and no, I will not put that dirbag's name in proper caps) never counted on so you're handing him an unecpected victory. Read the communist doctrine. There's an outside chance you'll experience an 'awakening'. Take a step back and look at yourselves...

Your handing it to him on a silver platter...

Old 08-15-2021, 10:32 PM   #122

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodLife View Post
Anecdotally it appears to work, given that in 2020 (before widespread vaccine availability in this country) the clear majority of hospitalizations and deaths from COVID were among the elderly. The elderly were the majority of the first group vaccinated this year, and what age group now accounts for most of the COVID- related hospitalizations?
Amen keep it coming
Old 08-15-2021, 10:34 PM   #123

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
That’s not how vaccines work. They are made to help prevent to the best they can the worst case scenario. It’s never guaranteed but if it lessons your chance of severe complications then it’s done it’s job. Seatbelts, helmets and pretty much any safety device doesn’t stop the accident from happening. But what they do is hopefully prevent death or serious harm. A vaccine works the same way.
My wife and I did not want to get ill or die!

We will booster because my wife said why even get sick for a few days!
Old 08-15-2021, 10:35 PM   #124

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
B friggin ingo!
The virus is doing what it what designed to do. Kill what it can. This freakin thread is the type bonus xi jinping (and no, I will not put that dirbag's name in proper caps) never counted on so you're handing him an unecpected victory. Read the communist doctrine. There's an outside chance you'll experience an 'awakening'. Take a step back and look at yourselves...

Your handing it to him on a silver platter...
Agree
Old 08-15-2021, 11:11 PM   #125

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
The humorous new normal…

Anytime you go some where.

Hello.
Hi, table for two, please.
Sure, and your name.
Jon.
Great. And do you and your guest have your vaccination cards?
We do. Can you tell us who our server will be?
Um, looks like Brad will be your server tonight.
Great. Can you show us Brad's vaccination card?
Um...
And also, can you provide me with proof that Brad is not a carrier of HIV, Hepatitis A or B, or any other communicable diseases?
Um...
Also, we would prefer not to be served by someone who is on or uses recreational drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, meth, fentanyl, etc, so if you could provide us with Brad's most recent tox screen, that would be great.
Um... Let me get the manager for you.
That would be great, thanks.
Old 08-15-2021, 11:31 PM   #126

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
The humorous new normal…

Anytime you go some where.

Hello.
Hi, table for two, please.
Sure, and your name.
Jon.
Great. And do you and your guest have your vaccination cards?
We do. Can you tell us who our server will be?
Um, looks like Brad will be your server tonight.
Great. Can you show us Brad's vaccination card?
Um...
And also, can you provide me with proof that Brad is not a carrier of HIV, Hepatitis A or B, or any other communicable diseases?
Um...
Also, we would prefer not to be served by someone who is on or uses recreational drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, meth, fentanyl, etc, so if you could provide us with Brad's most recent tox screen, that would be great.
Um... Let me get the manager for you.
That would be great, thanks.
This is excellent!
And manager if I get sick do I get a free meal
Old 08-16-2021, 01:49 AM   #127

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Have we reached "Dumpster Fire" yet?

We passed that milestone about 65 post ago! Why this mess remains up is a genuine mystery.
Old 08-16-2021, 02:03 AM   #128

THOR #20220
Stop stop stop this is not a mess.
I have learned plenty
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Old 08-16-2021, 02:21 AM   #129

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
We passed that milestone about 65 post ago! Why this mess remains up is a genuine mystery.
I have seen a lot worse. For the most part all have been civil, I don't think it will solve the problems facing the country; but this has been the closest I have seen to dialogue on the different perspectives.

If it does stay up and becomes personal or offensive to me, I will not hesitate to just unsubscribe. It is easy to do...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unsubscribe.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	32855  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 08-16-2021, 02:23 AM   #130

THOR #20220
I agree really enjoyed all the voices and human thought
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Old 08-16-2021, 02:45 AM   #131

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
But it’s an RV forum….if you want to read about COVID there’s better places to do it…. Including a discussion section dedicated just to COVID on this very site.
Old 08-16-2021, 02:56 AM   #132
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
But it’s an RV forum….if you want to read about COVID there’s better places to do it…. Including a discussion section dedicated just to COVID on this very site.
Where do you think this thread is located?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
Old 08-16-2021, 03:04 AM   #133

THOR #13058
Quote:
I hear you, but isn't it in the COVID-19 DISCUSSION ZONE?

Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone > Many family members sick

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f40/

Where do you suggest a better place for information FOX, CNN

I don't mean to make light of the gravity of the topic, but just laying out the framework of the forum as I understand it. I would venture to say for the reach and clout of a majority of members on this forum, for every 1 that may personally come to a decision on his/her own to get the vaccination, it may have downstream effect of 1,000 more shots, or should I be saying Jabs
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 08-16-2021, 03:36 AM   #134

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I hear you, but isn't it in the COVID-19 DISCUSSION ZONE?

Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone > Many family members sick

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f40/

Where do you suggest a better place for information FOX, CNN

I don't mean to make light of the gravity of the topic, but just laying out the framework of the forum as I understand it. I would venture to say for the reach and clout of a majority of members on this forum, for every 1 that may personally come to a decision on his/her own to get the vaccination, it may have downstream effect of 1,000 more shots, or should I be saying Jabs
Doesn't matter under which sub section you're reading, ALL new post to EVERY section appear on the right side of the home page under "recent discussions". If you don't want to read this topic anymore don't open it.
AND it is posted in the "Covid 19" section!
Replacement undetermined
Old 08-16-2021, 04:07 AM   #135

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Alabama
THOR #18612
I actually like hearing perspectives of others with similar interests and in similar stages of life. It’s a very confusing time in this world and I really can’t trust anything I hear from the primary sources of information.
My opinion (and it’s just mine) is that I always want to reduce risk. If I had underlying conditions that I feel COVID would take me over the proverbial edge, I would get the jab because it has shown to reduce the chance of hospitalization. However, since I am healthy for the most part, getting the natural antibodies is my least risk at this point. If the jab would keep me from spreading to others, I would get it but that doesn’t seem to be the case either. So since me getting the jab doesn’t help my neighbor, why do it if it doesn’t reduce my risk?
Old 08-16-2021, 08:51 AM   #136

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
We've all shared our well-wishes, and opinions on Covid-thanks to All for a most-interesting read!
Gary

GVP
Old 08-16-2021, 12:49 PM   #137

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Doesn't matter under which sub section you're reading, ALL new post to EVERY section appear on the right side of the home page under "recent discussions". If you don't want to read this topic anymore don't open it.
AND it is posted in the "Covid 19" section!
I think you understood that that is what I was saying, or are you a minister or something and just wanted to preach to the choir?

You can also unsubscribe; which I pointed out in post earlier.
Old 08-16-2021, 01:14 PM   #138
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Old 08-16-2021, 01:38 PM   #139

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
Discussion here been very civil. I too appreciate the varied points of view.

These are really odd times when actual communication is far simpler than at any time in past and censorship prevents alternate thoughts and questions.
Old 08-16-2021, 02:00 PM   #140

THOR #24216
When the COVID vaccines were rolled out under emergency use authorizations, I was reminded of a swine flu vaccine put out in a similar manner by Uncle Sam in the 1970's. It required a series of three shots, but unlike the COVID vaccines it was initially recommended for younger people at the time. Being of college age, I got the first of the three shots but soon after the vaccine was hastily pulled of the market due to a reported association with Guillane-Barre syndrome, a really bad side effect. That was in the back of my mind before I got the COVID vaccine, but fortunately I never suffered that side effect then or now. I did however learn a real appreciation for the importance of full clinical trials, but unlike with COVID-19 dire predictions from the federal government of a swine flu epidemic among the unvaccinated never really materialized.