Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 01:54 PM   #321

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
I'm feeling great about life right now.

I have "Acquired Natural Immunity"
That is, I caught the virus and survived (just like nearly 99% of others who contracted it)

However...
- People with natural immunity could now be kept from employment, education, travel, normal commerce, and who knows what other things if they don’t submit to a vaccine they don’t need in order to fulfill a head count that confuses a means with the end
328.2 million in US in (2019); so using your data are you saying that everyone should get the virus?; and if so; what about the other 3.282 million that will contracted will die?

Also, places that I have gone or seen allows you to have proof that you are covid free if not vaccinated. But I get your point which is true and that is the trend is to requiring everyone to get the shots. I think that is because no one reasonable anyway would have thought it would be so hard to get 80 - 85% of people vaccinated to achieve herd immunity, not just individual self serving immunity.

One final point as I have all of the shots, waiting to get directed for booster and I still avoid all of things you mentioned as possible because I know not everyone has had a shot and reached what you call natural immunization.

But you know what, I ain't complaining about no one, I ain't telling no one what to do. I just know the rules and do what I want to do.

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 09-13-2021, 02:10 PM   #322

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22E
State: New York
THOR #12119
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCSW View Post
Yes you are. Natural immunity is the best. At least according to the science. One big benefit is your immunity is stronger against the variants. It is easier for the government to just demand everyone get the vaccine and carry papers as proof. There will be enough pushback that at some point natural will be recognized as immune. There are over 100 million of you here in the US.
This should qualify for proof of immunity:

"Find Out If You’ve Had COVID-19 Through an Antibody Test

This test checks for antibodies to COVID-19. If you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or vaccinated, your body produces antibodies as part of your immune response. The test provides a numerical value that indicates whether or not you may have antibodies to COVID-19."

https://www.labcorp.com/coronavirus-.../antibody-test
Old 09-13-2021, 02:19 PM   #323

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCSW View Post
Yes you are. Natural immunity is the best. At least according to the science. One big benefit is your immunity is stronger against the variants. It is easier for the government to just demand everyone get the vaccine and carry papers as proof. There will be enough pushback that at some point natural will be recognized as immune. There are over 100 million of you here in the US.
Just so you know.... We have two couples in the Village who contracted CV-19(Alpha) August and October 2020 and recovered. All four had their two Pfizer shots in January 2021 and tested positive (CV-19(Delta)) in June 2021 after vacationing in Morgan City LA. At no time were they hospitalized and all four have recovered. They were studied by UT Health last month and UT Health recommended all four take the booster shots, as they have acquired only limited immunity to the SARS-2 CV (Mu) virus. The 550 residents and 220 employees of the Village are scheduled for the Pfizer booster on the 28 and 29 of this month.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:30 PM   #324
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
When the time comes for the booster shots: we'll be at the front of the line!
I'm not worried about the side affects... but two of my other heads are!
Old 09-13-2021, 02:49 PM   #325

Model: 2019 Freedom Elite 30FE
THOR #16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry899 View Post
This should qualify for proof of immunity:

"Find Out If You’ve Had COVID-19 Through an Antibody Test

This test checks for antibodies to COVID-19. If you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or vaccinated, your body produces antibodies as part of your immune response. The test provides a numerical value that indicates whether or not you may have antibodies to COVID-19."

https://www.labcorp.com/coronavirus-.../antibody-test
Back in June 2020, I tested for antibodies. The nurse taking my blood said the antibody test is less than 50% accurate. Not sure if it has improved since then or if the she was just wrong.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:50 PM   #326

Model: Citation
THOR #8139
Quote:

That is, I caught the virus and survived (just like nearly 99% of others who contracted it)
What are your plans for this winter?

1 branch of DWs family "Acquired Natural Immunity" and survived 1 in intensive care early this summer.
ALL are now vaccinated
Old 09-13-2021, 03:00 PM   #327

State: Florida
THOR #1249
Quote:

However...
- People with natural immunity could now be kept from employment, education, travel, normal commerce, and who knows what other things if they don’t submit to a vaccine they don’t need in order to fulfill a head count that confuses a means with the end
I second that. Had mild case in Jan. 2020 before WuFlu was popular. No jab needed or wanted.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:46 PM   #328

THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
Back in June 2020, I tested for antibodies. The nurse taking my blood said the antibody test is less than 50% accurate. Not sure if it has improved since then or if the she was just wrong.
There are two types of antibody test (BAD, NAD) and there are three version of the NAD test (cVNT, pVNT, VNT). The reliability of the test is dependent on the type of test given.

Current CDC guidance
  • All persons, including unvaccinated persons who have previously tested antibody positive should continue to follow all other current recommendations to prevent SARS-C0V-2 infection (e.g., social distancing, use of masks).
  • Persons who have previously tested positive for antibody for SARS-CoV-2 but who currently have evidence of new SARS-CoV-2 infection (re-infection) should be considered contagious and should follow existing isolation guidelines.
  • Antibody testing is not currently recommended to assess for immunity to COVID-19 following COVID-19 vaccination or to assess the need for vaccination in an unvaccinated person.
<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/lab/resources/antibody-tests-guidelines.html>
Old 09-13-2021, 04:15 PM   #329
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Do you REALLY think the the CDC has any answers?
We've all been around long enough to know how to deal with stuff like this...
Follow your own instincts, and you'll be fine!
Old 09-13-2021, 04:34 PM   #330

THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
10-4 on that.
Old 09-13-2021, 05:23 PM   #331

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
I have not heard a single cogent reason to not take the shot?
Old 09-13-2021, 06:03 PM   #332
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I'm kind fo torn about my feelings over this matter...
I think that anyone who doesn't take the vaccine shot(s) is a fool...
But I'll also defend their right to be that fool!
NO government mandates!
Old 09-13-2021, 07:25 PM   #333

THOR #6411
Quote:
If you have any other statistically derived data, I am open to consider it. By TX law, the TX DPS sets standards of care for skilled nursing, assisted living and memory care facilities. The Village has all these facilities and all of us are in the high risk categories for CV-19 (over 65 years of age). During this pandemic following DPS standards (and CDC recomendations), we have recorded 10 deaths (8 residents, 2 employees), 11 hospitalizations, 0 intubations. We are not locked down. I and DW still travel, go shopping, go out to restaurants and go to community events. I accept the risk. I have lived over 90% of my useful life and intended to enjoy the remaining years.
Currently Bexar County has 1,121 individuals in hospital, 1,042 are unvaccinated, 34 have received one shot of two, 358 in ICU, 249 on ventilators and there were 18 deaths Sunday. The other 2 million residents of Bexar County are enjoying life and trying to behave responsibility (for the most part).
Old 09-13-2021, 08:05 PM   #334

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
I got no real statistics I fully trust beyond family across many states.

First direct bloodline positive test was son (vaxxed) 12 days ago. Mild to moderate flu symptons 5 full days, no hosp stay. Oldest grandson, identical symptoms same time frame tested negative on quick and urgent care tests and the wait 24 to 48 hour testing.

His wife had tested positive Jan (unvaxxed) and was mild to moderate flu for 3 days.

We capitulated and got 1st shot just before son got sick. Now we wondering if worth being lab rat for the second shot? We see real genuine info is hard to find. Local florida news says hospitals buried in the unvaxxed. CDC numbers neither bear this out or add any previous sick factors.

I have met more people reluctant due to trust of information available. I listen but filter and compare to family both direct and non direct bloodline. To date serious (not death) reactions have exceeded serious instances with positive test. There was one death non bloodline but realistically, every flu season was a struggle due to health issues. Was sad for family.

I got no solid answers because everything I read/hear needs scrutny. I do know for certain that ivemectin has helped family outside US in the right circumstance. Family info is trusted and does not match reports enough to ignore.

Good luck to all in these confusing times. My wifes (retired RN) opening statement of this is going to be really bad for "some" people has proven true so far.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:10 PM   #335

THOR #13058
Quote:
NO government mandates!
I think thinking of them as fools is a tad harsh. It is actually quite smart, but a simpleton view nonetheless to not want to take the shot. I mean why would you want to take the vaccine if you didn't have too; knowing eventually most every else will have; and herd immunity is eventually reached. There are more appropriate ways to view those, but that is not the point nor the objective.

The objective is resolve the sickness and deaths so as a whole we can get back together. That happens by

1. Doing nothing and we continue to get same old same old stuff until maybe a year from now with maybe 1 million more deaths added?
2. Get 85% of the country vaccinated by Thanksgiving so maybe herd immunity is reached next spring?

The idea that all will get natural immunity is absurd, but ties to #1 . Although I do find it foolish to be wiling to accept the risk of getting the virus with the unknown potential fallout, or impact to your body; over taking the vaccine and any risk that may be associated with the vaccine

Besides, I have had my shots since last April, I find the extra fingers helpful. Now my new tail can get in the way and be annoying at times, but it too is helpful when getting up on my roof waxing my RV. I also no longer have to carry my cellphone for the government authorities to keep track of me Can't wait to get the Boost
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 09-13-2021, 08:20 PM   #336

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
“The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few”, Spock
Old 09-13-2021, 08:21 PM   #337
RCS

Model: Magnitude XG32
THOR #24446
I have always been told "on any controversial subject, follow the money and see who benefits." In the case of the vaccine, it seems that "settled science" only allows for expensive solutions - and the money made allows those that make it to control the narrative. If you want the jab, take it. But please answer me this, if the vaccine is so great, why are those that have taken it still vulnerable to the virus and need more and more shots? Again, follow the money.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:22 PM   #338
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnjoe View Post
“The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few”, Spock
And look what it go him: about a fifty year career in movies and on TV.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:09 AM   #339

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
NO government mandates!
Did you notice today... Members of Congress and Their Staff Are Exempt From Biden's Vaccine Mandate

Well... isn't THAT special. I'll just let that sink in awhile.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:36 AM   #340

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Did you notice today... Members of Congress and Their Staff Are Exempt From Biden's Vaccine Mandate

Well... isn't THAT special. I'll just let that sink in awhile.

The Executive branch cannot impose a vaccine mandate on Congress (the Legislative branch) via executive order or in an agency or department regulation, according to the Congressional Institute.

I don't like mandates anyway. It has been a year and 1/2, so what is another year or two before this all goes away. My employer does not mandate the vaccine, but if you are unable to produce proof of vaccinations, you must provide proof that you are not infected on some regularly frequency. Every employee vaccinated or not must have temperature checked every time you enter any of the buildings.
Closed Thread