Originally Posted by Muggs
You did not say anything wrong at all. I just have substantial questions. First we a vax that appears to help depending on which study used. A lot of early discussion was testing, testing? What results of testing, contact tracing and those who had already gotten? I know of 2 people early last year showing up as already having survived when tested to go to work in testing for covid. How does that fit in? The point of aquirred vs natural immunity is I think talking about same thing. Do people who already recovered from covid need vax? If so, why? What data.
My daughter in law had in Nov pre vax available. She has already been told get vax for cruise. Why?
I am sorry if my questions seem misplaced but I would like to hear full explaination of these mandates. What data used, what discarded. A lot of broad statements without full disclosure or discussion.
We go for our 2nd shot and wonder if is best choice. After son/daughter in law situation at that age is doubtful either could excape contact transfer unless contagion had very short shelf life.
I wonder about these things and do not mind being a lab rat, but like to fully understand real risk.
First, no apology was needed, but in this day and age (especially on forums), it is very much appreciated. I respect
you 10 times more than I can ever disagree with you
I saw no difference with my second shot than my 1st; so for me if I take two gel tablets for flu or cold and they say to repeat in 12 hours, it is the same thing.
I don't think there are 2.6 billion lab rats. Picture for a moment the World with NO VACCINE available
It is scary thought. You may view your self as a lab rat or part of the solution.
This is actually quite simple for most people. I have been taking medicines and vaccines my entire life, I have never tried to personally review and approve the test results
Yes if the CDC and Experts are wrong; I may be screwed, but do I think I going collect data to prove them wrong
Whenever you go to any Doctor, have any Medical procedure and they are wrong you may be screwed. No different.
To sum it up...
* I simply believe the virus exist, contagious and is deadly
* I believe the previous Administration (our government for the people) went to great lengths to make a vaccine become available, might have pushed too hard but I am glad they did
* I believe the Pharmaceutical companies stay trued to their schedules to deliver vaccines as fast a they could. I had my 1st exactly 1 year from March 2020
* I believe the CDC has tried to operate and recommend in the best interest of the public, but have sent some confusing signals with messaging, I put US Surgeon General in this same category
* I believe the current Administration (our government for the people) is going to great lengths to make sure the vaccine is administered to every eligible citizen to reach herd immunity. They be pushing too hard with some mandates but I am glad they are because I grow weary of the topic
So I hope the lesson learned is to not chastise or claim to be holier than thou over fellow American citizens, but help with the message for those seek information on why getting the vaccine is essential to getting back to normal and thus the greater good versus the simpleton perspective that "no one can make me get a shot"