Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 10:04 PM   #281

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
CDC now says fully vaccinated peeps can go without a mask.

Pretty soon we will be back to only the guy robbing the liquor store wearing a mask...

But stores and other businesses will still require masks because “it’s the right thing to do”. I’ll be looking to frequent those that don’t.

Old 05-13-2021, 10:07 PM   #282
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Wear a mask or don't...
It's your choice.
(Assuming that your shots are in order...)
Old 05-13-2021, 11:18 PM   #283

THOR #6826
Went to the eye doctor today and they said they are considering making masks mandatory forever. I said I’d not like that and they said “there is no downside”. Argh!
Old 05-14-2021, 12:27 AM   #284
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
How about a loss of clients?
Old 05-14-2021, 12:37 AM   #285

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Wear a mask or don't...
It's your choice.
(Assuming that your shots are in order...)
Will it soon become 'Show me your papers'?
Old 05-14-2021, 12:38 AM   #286
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjbrtd View Post
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention*announced*Thursday that people who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no longer need to wear masks or physically distance — whether indoors or outdoors in most circumstances.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cdc-plans...rc=fp_deeplink
Quote:
CDC now says fully vaccinated peeps can go without a mask.
Pretty soon we will be back to only the guy robbing the liquor store wearing a mask...
Wow, they must have got an infusion of common sense finally.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
Old 05-14-2021, 12:47 AM   #287
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Wow, they must have got an infusion of common sense finally.
Don't go getting any crazy ideas...
Old 05-14-2021, 01:44 AM   #288

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
I honestly think what got communicated today was a carrot. Basically it says if you got or get the vaccine you don't need a mask. Maybe more folks will get shots? Without question for the masses it is better to have vaccine that wearing a masks.

But I still don't see either side of this story from peeps? Why do people care if others get a shot or not; or why do people care if others wear a mask or not?

I got my shots and now feel 100 times more of the famous RV phrase of "Peace of mind" But when I go out in public, I will still wear my masks until I feel like it is all over, not when either of the POTUS say it is safe to wear or not to wear.

Just to be clear, I did get the rifts when the vaccines were not readily available, as some may have freaked out when others refused to wear mask. But the vaccine is readily available, if the thought of Covid bothers you, get a shot, if it does not don't; but get off the backs of the others that decide they don't want the shot, or wish to still wear masks. If I can go into a Walmart wearing a opened firearm; surely I can walk in the same Walmart with a N95 mask on
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 05-14-2021, 02:15 AM   #289

Model: Tuscany
THOR #1808
covid recovery above 97%... efficacy 6- 9 months?

get a vaccine or dont get one, but stop making your personal choice interfere with mine

thats how i feel. if masks were the issue, then why didnt they require them during flu season or with sars?

the simple little faces masks do not protect you from anything, we would need to wear a correct fitting ari filtering mask, like one used to remove asbestos or work in a mine.
all these little masks do is contain your own spit when you sneeze.

but again its personal choice to do or not to do...not the cdc that changes its mind or direction every other week
Old 05-14-2021, 03:01 AM   #290

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post

get a vaccine or dont get one, but stop making your personal choice interfere with mine

thats how i feel. if masks were the issue, then why didnt they require them during flu season or with sars?

"the simple little faces masks do not protect you from anything, we would need to wear a correct fitting ari filtering mask, like one used to remove asbestos or work in a mine.
all these little masks do is contain your own spit when you sneeze."

but again its personal choice to do or not to do...not the cdc that changes its mind or direction every other week
I agree with most of this post but I will point out that your 4th statement about the "little masks not doing any good is not accurate". As a former Heat, Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers Local 17, I spent a good deal of my career wearing respirators & dust masks, so I do know a thing or two about masks and respirators. Any mask or respirator that contains your spit as you say, also contains a good deal of your aerosolized breath which is what contains the various virus' we spread to one another. Mask wearing in our area was pretty consistent and coincidently the cold and flu seasons were almost non existent this year. In fact for the first time in years I went through a whole season without a cold. I HATE wearing a mask as much as the next guy especially after 35 years of wearing one daily in a dust trade, but make no mistake the little masks do the job they were intended to do and that is keep your germs from spreading to the next guy.

Wear one don't wear one dealers choice.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
Old 05-14-2021, 12:21 PM   #291

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Same
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
But stores and other businesses will still require masks because “it’s the right thing to do”. I’ll be looking to frequent those that don’t.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:26 PM   #292

THOR #6903
There you go with facts

Having worn N95 for years in coal dust, and cleaning coal dust from your nose for a couple days after, I know how a little tiny virus is caught in the filter

There is more to this yet to come out
Quote:

the simple little faces masks do not protect you from anything, we would need to wear a correct fitting ari filtering mask, like one used to remove asbestos or work in a mine.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:53 PM   #293

Model: Citation
THOR #8139
Quote:

Quote:
I agree with most of this post but I will point out that your 4th statement about the "little masks not doing any good is not accurate". As a former Heat, Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers Local 17, I spent a good deal of my career wearing respirators & dust masks, so I do know a thing or two about masks and respirators. Any mask or respirator that contains your spit as you say, also contains a good deal of your aerosolized breath which is what contains the various virus' we spread to one another. Mask wearing in our area was pretty consistent and coincidently the cold and flu seasons were almost non existent this year. In fact for the first time in years I went through a whole season without a cold. I HATE wearing a mask as much as the next guy especially after 35 years of wearing one daily in a dust trade, but make no mistake the little masks do the job they were intended to do and that is keep your germs from spreading to the next guy.

Wear one don't wear one dealers choice.
"covid recovery above 97%... efficacy 6- 9 months? "
YEP you are SO right but it'll be June soon and the efficacy will be 7-10 months, hopping for the same bump up in July

"thats how i feel. if masks were the issue, then why didnt they require them during flu season or with sars?"

I tried not wearing one 50+ years ago, how dare them force this on special me.
Then a nice policeman said "I'm tired of you whiners and here's your ticket and if you drive by me tomorrow, I'll give you another.
Have a nice say and buckle up
"

"the simple little faces masks do not protect you from anything, we would need to wear a correct fitting ari filtering mask, like one used to remove asbestos or work in a mine.

"I will point out that your 4th statement about the "little masks not doing any good is not accurate". As a former Heat, Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers Local 17, I spent a good deal of my career wearing respirators & dust masks, so I do know a thing or two about masks and respirators. Any mask or respirator that contains your spit as you say, also contains a good deal of your aerosolized breath which is what contains the various virus' we spread to one another. Mask wearing in our area was pretty consistent and coincidently the cold and flu seasons were almost non existent this year. In fact for the first time in years I went through a whole season without a cold."

We've noticed the same thing at our local coffee shop, most of us will be wearing masks this coming cold and flue season
Old 05-14-2021, 10:12 PM   #294

THOR #6826
I think it’s interesting that the CDC and mr biden say we can stop wearing masks after being fully vaccinated. But the only way they’re going to be able to tell that is if we all carry proof of stickage. “Papers please...”
Old 05-15-2021, 03:20 AM   #295

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I think it’s interesting that the CDC and mr biden say we can stop wearing masks after being fully vaccinated. But the only way they’re going to be able to tell that is if we all carry proof of stickage. “Papers please...”
I don't think CDC or Biden said what you stated?

I thought the CDC made a recommendation that you no longer have to wear a mask if you are vaccinated? Biden, just trumpeted what CDC has recommended. Trump also touted that the vaccine would be available in record fashion I assume it was for people to get vaccinated? It is clear, or should be clear to all that the vaccine is safer than the masks!!! Having both may be overkill, but safer than only one or the other!!!

I don't recall where the CDC ever said the public EVER had to wear a mask, or EVER had to get the vaccine

If the CDC can't make recommendations in the interest of a pandemic or public safety, who can?

Just so you know, rewind my posts to Feb 2020; you will see that I was wearing masks when the CDC was saying the public should NOT buy masks due to concerns that hospitals were not able to get them and that they did NOT protect you I still wear a mask now whenever I go outside in public despite having both shots. I don't care or think about what the next person has done, or not have done relative to Covid. I protect myself To my knowledge no one has ever told me that I had to wear a mask or had to get a shot short of private citizens at their home, or private business choices? I do know that no one has been welcome in our home, or RV the last year and half or so unless they had a mask on. Whether they have a vaccination, or not is only relevant for people we know, but I have never asked to see anyone's medical covid card and have no plans to do so.

FWIW, My proof of vaccination is at home, and I have never shown it to anyone, and never been asked for it other than when I was getting my 2nd shot!!!
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 05-15-2021, 03:34 AM   #296

Model: Citation
THOR #8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post

I thought the CDC made a recommendation that you no longer have to wear a mask if you are vaccinated? Biden, just trumpeted what CDC has recommended. Trump also touted that the vaccine would be available in record fashion. It is clear or should be clear to all that the vaccine is safer than the masks. Both may be overkill, but safer than one or the other!!!

I don't recall where the CDC ever said the public EVER had to wear a mask, or EVER had to get the vaccine

If the CDC can't make recommendations in the interest of a pandemic or public safety, who can?

Just so you know, rewind my posts to Feb 2020; you will see that I was wearing masks when the CDC was saying the public should NOT buy masks due to concerns that hospitals were not able to get them and that they did NOT protect you I still wear a mask now whenever I go outside in public despite having both shots. I don't care or think about what the next person has done, or not have done relative to Covid. I protect myself To my knowledge no one has ever told me that I had to wear a mask or had to get a shot short or private citizens home or private business choices? I do know that no one has been welcome in our home or RV the last year and half or so unless they had a mask on and whether they have a vaccination or not is only relevant for people we know.
Evidently a couple of television diskjokies have been saying it LOUD and often
Old 05-15-2021, 01:48 PM   #297

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
...cut...
I respectfully disagree. If this doesn't sound like an ultimatum, I'm not sure what does. And before you pop off, this is from the official Whitehouse page:
https://www.facebook.com/WhiteHouse/...3871610823997/

And a 'rule' is not a 'recommendation' no matter how you try to twist it. If you don't want to believe what's here, Google 'vaxxed or masked'.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TheRule.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	30502  
Old 05-15-2021, 03:04 PM   #298

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
I respectfully disagree. If this doesn't sound like an ultimatum, I'm not sure what does. And before you pop off, this is from the official Whitehouse page:
https://www.facebook.com/WhiteHouse/...3871610823997/

And a 'rule' is not a 'recommendation' no matter how you try to twist it. If you don't want to believe what's here, Google 'vaxxed or masked'.
I am not sure we are talking the same thing? So disagreement if any; may be that we may be out of alignment on my post?

The snippet of a comment I made that you referenced; was specifically a comment I made in reference to the below statement by another poster

I think it’s interesting that the CDC and mr biden say we can stop wearing masks after being fully vaccinated.

that has nothing to do with your masked or vaxxed comment, nor any ultimatum you refer to?

I was addressing my interpretation of what the CDC just recently recommended which is that you no longer have to wear a mask if you are vaccinated.

I fail to see where CDC or anyone for that matter is providing an ultimatum to do anything? With the exception I noted above of private citizens, or some businesses.

To keep things civil, I won't venture off point to the your video clip or comment on waxed or vaxxed because honestly it is my first time seeing that very short clip and I have no context of what was being said before or after.

At the end of day, respectfully I only wished to chime in that in my view the CDC (and then Biden shorty thereafter) has now altered their recommended guideline that now says.... if you have the vaccine, you do not HAVE to wear a mask. The point being that in general you can still feel safe if you decide to not wear a mask given you had the vaccine. Most of us are not doctors; so the guideline is critical for each of us to plan around.

I hope you are safe in whatever you are doing, and hope no one tries to impose on your right to protect yourself, and your family however you may choose.
Old 05-15-2021, 05:47 PM   #299

THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjbrtd View Post
"covid recovery above 97%... efficacy 6- 9 months? "
YEP you are SO right but it'll be June soon and the efficacy will be 7-10 months, hopping for the same bump up in July

"thats how i feel. if masks were the issue, then why didnt they require them during flu season or with sars?"

I tried not wearing one 50+ years ago, how dare them force this on special me.
Then a nice policeman said "I'm tired of you whiners and here's your ticket and if you drive by me tomorrow, I'll give you another.
Have a nice say and buckle up
"

"I will point out that your 4th statement about the "little masks not doing any good is not accurate". As a former Heat, Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers Local 17, I spent a good deal of my career wearing respirators & dust masks, so I do know a thing or two about masks and respirators. Any mask or respirator that contains your spit as you say, also contains a good deal of your aerosolized breath which is what contains the various virus' we spread to one another. Mask wearing in our area was pretty consistent and coincidently the cold and flu seasons were almost non existent this year. In fact for the first time in years I went through a whole season without a cold."

We've noticed the same thing at our local coffee shop, most of us will be wearing masks this coming cold and flue season
Interesting and just to counter we lived in an area where very few wore mask except at Walmart. No flue either and few colds and again, primarily without masking up

Since we had to wear to enter a few places I had a huge amount of N95 left over from work. they have a vent valve so you can exhale which would certainly not protect anyone. It took months before the powers that B finally woke up to that fact
Old 05-15-2021, 06:02 PM   #300
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Get off the political band wagon or the thread will get closed. Final and only warning.