Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2020, 06:13 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
The Missus and I have been to WDW about 14 times over the years, and our Son worked there for two years...
They have a very effective way of making you feel as if you're the most important person there. The Cast Members have never failed to find ways to exceed our high expectations of them.
We're just not sure how many more chances we'll have to go there...
Nice Bob. Got any free passes for me? :-)

Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:20 PM   #42
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
... Family first..,
Old 07-10-2020, 05:09 AM   #43

State: Oregon
THOR #18486
Hi Bob,
I'm sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you but had to get ready for my first road trip to Long Beach Washington over the 4th. And I work full time at AAA and yes you can use my services if you are a member of AAA. I am a North America Travel Agent and can at this time only book hotels and cars because all major travel has to go to our worldwide agents to make up for the loss of their sales with this covid situation and their cancellations. Kind of hard to explain.
I do road trip planning though with what we call TripTics. It's basically Google maps in a book. But you all seem to be hold hands at this so I guess you know how to get from point A to point B without my help.

Just wanted to let you all know I had a great time on my maiden voyage and the drive was easier than I thought. It took us about two and a half hours and the whole trip, which was almost 300 miles, only took a little less than three-quarters of a tank gas. I don't know if that's good or not but I was happy.
Now I just have to figure out how to fill it with water and get my hot water heater working. It was worked on this winter and they did a winterizing for me so did not get to see what they did. And Camping World is not very helpful.

I'm glad you are all here. I'm a camper and used to have an 82 VW Westy pop top. So this is a big step for me.
Look forward to hearing from you all, you sound like a great crowd, Jeanie
Old 07-10-2020, 09:26 PM   #44

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
We will be there in late Sept. Since we passholders and local there is plenty of time to get reliable impressions from friends. The bloggers seem to approve of what they have seen in opening days.

We have learned many things over the years, we went 1st time in 1981.

Is always a great time, even being older. The food is very good virtually everywhere. Is expensive but the overall high quality of service has never left me feeling ripped off.

Having the RV we have probably been there 7 times. Being able to take 4 legged child has been great. We have met many nice people at campground and have even had racing buddies stop by.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:58 PM   #45
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I can't wait to see your report...