Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 11:08 AM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I agree...

Old 03-23-2020, 03:17 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubeGrpArchitek View Post
Seriously? This is not "China" flu anymore than H1-N1 is "American" flu. Stop racist rants.
Seriously? This is all you need to worry about at a time like this. Stuff your [Mod Edit] mentality!

To OP and others, we just had 1st confirmed case in our central Florida county. We staying home (2nd home) and will take advantage of senior hours at stores when we need stuff. We are staying away from our primary home as it is in hard hit county. We can video call to talk to grandchildren. Wife is retired RN and this is first virus outbreak that really bothers her. Have plenty of stuff to do here and on RV.

Stay safe and relax. We will get through this.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:20 PM   #23

Brand: Keystone
State: North Carolina
THOR #5391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifish View Post
On a lighter note, I have discovered why there is a shortage:

One person sneezes, 3 others panic and shit themselves.
I'd never go political here but will remain PC so I'll not say that a certain group has been in perpetual green diarrhea over 4 years and are holding up the work of congress!

Edgewater 205 EXP
Old 03-24-2020, 01:37 PM   #24

Model: Quantum RW28
THOR #15031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
Seriously? This is all you need to worry about at a time like this. Stuff your [Mod Edit] mentality!

To OP and others, we just had 1st confirmed case in our central Florida county. We staying home (2nd home) and will take advantage of senior hours at stores when we need stuff. We are staying away from our primary home as it is in hard hit county. We can video call to talk to grandchildren. Wife is retired RN and this is first virus outbreak that really bothers her. Have plenty of stuff to do here and on RV.

Stay safe and relax. We will get through this.
Sorry but i find the term "Snowflake" derogatory and racist. Just me?

Jeff
Old 03-24-2020, 01:53 PM   #25
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpiercemagic View Post
Sorry but i find the term "Snowflake" derogatory and racist. Just me?

Jeff
It is derogatory when used in the correct context, but racist? Come on Jeff, don't fall into the trap of finding racism where there is none. What specific race do you think any use of the term "snowflake" would refer to?

I've edited Muggs post and your quote of it to remove the term.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
Old 03-24-2020, 01:53 PM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Jeff,
Let it go... There's far more at stake; than arguing over semantics.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:26 PM   #27

THOR #15031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Jeff,
Let it go... There's far more at stake; than arguing over semantics.

Bob and all, my thoughts are that when a term is used negatively to degrade one race or group of people, it is derogatory and racist. And yes, white is a race. Right now it is used against liberals, but we run the risk of it being used against all of one race. Do I really need to give you an another example? There is far more at stake here but allowing racism to build because of semantics is not the correct way thing to do. BTW like the other post some of you have jumped on, it's not saying the word but the hatred that is used behind it.

I'm not saying any more on this subject. I don't want to be shunned for my views.

Jeff
Old 03-24-2020, 03:40 PM   #28
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpiercemagic View Post
Bob and all, my thoughts are that when a term is used negatively to degrade one race or group of people, it is derogatory and racist. And yes, white is a race. Right now it is used against liberals, but we run the risk of it being used against all of one race. Do I really need to give you an another example? There is far more at stake here but allowing racism to build because of semantics is not the correct way thing to do. BTW like the other post some of you have jumped on, it's not saying the word but the hatred that is used behind it.

I'm not saying any more on this subject. I don't want to be shunned for my views.

Jeff
So which RACE does "snowflake" degrade?
And no, you can't define ANY group of people as a race just to use the word "racism".
An no, white is not a race, it's a color.
Caucasian is a race mostly comprised of people with light colored skin; and the word "snowflake" is not applied to all Caucasians; it is applied to a group of people of various races that tend to meltdown when they feel offended or their "safe space" has been invaded, whether or not any offense was directed their way.

So you would really have to stretch the definition of racism to try to say the term "snowflake" is racist.

I hope this clears it up for you.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:51 PM   #29
Site Team

THOR #7035
Smile What's in a Name?

This thread is dedicated for those discussions centered about names or descriptions that may arise in other threads that have no bearing on the original thread. This thread may appear disjointed as it will be the landing spot for posts moved from other threads that were distracting from the point of the thread.

A lot of people are on edge with the current state of thing due to the CV19 virus and tend to react to posts without sufficient forethought.

Keep your discussions civil.
No personal attacks will be tolerated.
This thread can and will be closed and/or deleted if things get out of hand.
Do not introduce politics into your discussion.
Use the "Report Post" red triangle located to the left of every post if you feel a post has crossed the line.

We can have discussions without attacking other people and sometimes we just have to agree to disagree; but don't create enemies on this very helpful forum.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:12 PM   #30
Site Team

THOR #7035
And just like that we have our first post deletion in this thread due to a personal attack.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:22 PM   #31

THOR #15031
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
So which RACE does "snowflake" degrade?
And no, you can't define ANY group of people as a race just to use the word "racism".
An no, white is not a race, it's a color.
Caucasian is a race mostly comprised of people with light colored skin; and the word "snowflake" is not applied to all Caucasians; it is applied to a group of people of various races that tend to meltdown when they feel offended or their "safe space" has been invaded, whether or not any offense was directed their way.

So you would really have to stretch the definition of racism to try to say the term "snowflake" is racist.

I hope this clears it up for you.
With respect Ted, you are wrong. From the US census: Race and ethnicity in the United States is a complex topic because the United States of America has a racially and ethnically diverse population.[1] At the federal level, race and ethnicity have been categorized separately.

The most recent United States Census officially recognized five racial categories (White American, Black or African American, American Indians and Alaska Native, Asian American, and Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander) as well as people of two or more races.[2][3][4] The Census Bureau also classified respondents as "Hispanic or Latino" or "Not Hispanic or Latino", identifying Hispanic and Latino as an ethnicity (not a race), which comprises the largest minority group in the nation.[2][3][5] The United States Supreme Court unanimously held that "race" is not limited to Census designations on the "race question" but extends to all ethnicities, and thus can include Jewish, Arab, Hungarian, Laotian, Zulu, etc.[6] The Census also asked an "Ancestry Question," which covers the broader notion of ethnicity, in the 2000 Census long form and the American Community Survey; the question will return in the 2020 Census.[7]

I hope that clears it up for you Ted. Remember facts are important. And BTW, the term snowflake insults me, does that count?

Jeff
Old 03-24-2020, 04:45 PM   #32

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Let me help.
The ignorance is rampant and of a herd heard mentality.

Nmbla is a culture.
Violent gang life is a culture.
Antifa is a culture.
Crack house is a culture.

Cultures are cultured.
They are grown and voluntary and require active acts to be part of a culture whether that culture is the most loving of religions, the self-sacrifice of people doing good works or the worst hutu and tutsi(ethnic groups with a murderous subculture) atrocity committers.

Cultures are cultured.
It is OK to hate the kkk and/or antifa(I went as far flung to the poles of thought as I could think of)
It's OK to hate baby rapers.

Please please, to show some semblance of less ignorance than the stupid damning flock of spume of whom you repeat their squawks and flayling adnauseum:

Racism seldom exists. I've never met a racist in my life.

It's culturists who hate.
It's OK to hate cultures.

It is not racist to say snowflake.
Snowflake is a culture. It might not be purposefully nor admitted to, but there are signs of it, and those are cultured, perhaps subconsciously, perhaps as multiplications of cultural traits becoming a subculture. It crosses many cultures, perhaps all.
Maybe some medical professionals use the term to define other medical professionals. Is 'prima donna' a racist statement?

The worst snowflakes I have EVER come across are boomers who say they are retired when in fact they gamed the system with some small to moderate disability.
Retired is a merit based system. Disability is not.

I hate those guys.
That isnt racist.
It's culturalist.
They cultured the situation, had open choices to make. I don't care their race. No one does. I care what they've made of themselves. I dislike a blue one as much I dislike an orange one.
They cultured the lie, I cultured the dislike. They actively steal the merit, I actively dislike them.

You're a sad sack of unthinking when you use the term racist because some agendacized person said it and you're following those clowns.

I hate that. That's culture. I'm allowed to hate it and you have to admit I'm allowed, or you must embrace Nmbla and allow them to communicste with your young boy.

Chinese is a nationality, nothing else. If you think an entire country the size of China is made up solely of Oriental peoples, you're a blazing fool. You can be of Egyptian decent and be Chinese. You can be Australian Aboriginal and be Chinese. You can be Russian and be Chinese.
Just as you can be the same as above and Mexican. Or Morrocan. Or Spanish.

Your selfish thoughts have left you believing the USA is the only diversified place in the world. If someone said the USA was all Occidental, you'd think them ignorant, uneducated, uneducatable, cretinous, unconceiving and you'd have to just ignore them due to the extrapolated belief of how someone that dumb would have to be just as dumb about anything else.

Racist?
Think about how you might be wrong in your use of a term like racist.
Ask yourself if racism is even possible when it's really broken down to culture.
Extrapolate.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:51 PM   #33

THOR #15031
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
This thread is dedicated for those discussions centered about names or descriptions that may arise in other threads that have no bearing on the original thread. This thread may appear disjointed as it will be the landing spot for posts moved from other threads that were distracting from the point of the thread.

A lot of people are on edge with the current state of thing due to the CV19 virus and tend to react to posts without sufficient forethought.

Keep your discussions civil.
No personal attacks will be tolerated.
This thread can and will be closed and/or deleted if things get out of hand.
Do not introduce politics into your discussion.
Use the "Report Post" red triangle located to the left of every post if you feel a post has crossed the line.

We can have discussions without attacking other people and sometimes we just have to agree to disagree; but don't create enemies on this very helpful forum.
Well said Ted, I agree completely.

Jeff
Old 03-24-2020, 07:53 PM   #34
Administrator

Brand: Airstream
Model: Overlander
State: Washington
THOR #2
Folks this thread is being closed as it runs afoul of the sites rules regarding political discussions, rude posting, etc.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:46 PM   #35

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
Actually, I find this discussion revealing of basic division. First off I apologize if I offendef2 anyone but I did see need to counter a comment that deemed unjustified . i gor edited and respect Moderator right to do so.

My definition of "snowflake" is sore loser. This seemed to come about after surprising election result in 2016. I drag race and timer system levels playing field, there is no subjectivity involved. You win or you lose, very humbling. The term snoeflake is rapidly developing as s sore loser with a myriad of excuses why it lost. I know when I lose, I was not good enough and try harder next time.

We still sequestered at North house. No more cases yet but pork chops, corn and sliced baked little potatoes are on menu for tonight.

All stay safe and have a wonderful day.