Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-26-2020, 02:30 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Is your state under a Shelter In Place Order

I was wondering how many of the members on here are under a statewide mandatory shelter in place order? If so what are your states restrictions? What business' are allowed to remain open as considered "essential"? And are people following the order?
Indiana's governor put us under a mandatory shelter in place order that started midnight 3/25 through at least 4/07 when it will be evaluated. What does that actually mean? From what I have seen on day one not much.
As I have stated before after 5 years of doing nothing in retirement, boredom got the best of me and I took a part time gig about 10 hrs a week making repairs at the local hardware. Today I was asked to come down and hop on the fork truck to unload a flatbed full of pallets of softener salt. The hardware store is considered an "essential business". The truck pulls into the lot and I unload from there. Except today you would have thought we had half off everything sale. I spent more time dodging cars in the lot than putting away the stock as they mobbed the store for "essential supplies" like paint, wallpaper, birdseed, potting soil and mulch.
Across the street the liquor store another "essential business" was booming. Next to them the gas station another "essential business" complete with fast food kitchen rocking out with peeps at lunchtime.
The local smoke shop another "essential business" was on fire today. Next door you couldn't get into Great Clips it was closed.
We were supposed to take my 89 year old mother today to pick up a new hearing aid, they were closed as non essential. But on the bright side if I needed more bullets for the 9 the local Sports shop was open, they were considering themselves "essential"! Saturday we had 210 confirmed cases in Indiana and 6 deaths by Tuesday, the day before we were "ordered" to "shelter in place" we had 477 confirmed cases and 14 deaths. What's the point of having a shelter in place order if nobody is going adhere to any of it. Hell we might as well re open the bars too. Make it like an Irish wake for the country. Sorry just a frustrating day in NW Indiana

Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:48 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Toothless Order

So NY has had the mandatory SIP for a while now but apparently that doesn't stop people from hopping on a plane and flying to whatever other state they want to, bringing their germs with them.

Speaking of airplanes - parks are closed, restaurants where your tables are physically separated from each other by feet are closed, yet no problem with cramming into a plane where you are elbow to elbow with strangers for hours at a time.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:57 AM   #3

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
CA

https://www.gov.ca.gov/wp-content/up...ALTH-ORDER.pdf

Here it is. You can read all the details. No enforcement with the exception of the Los Angeles County Sheriff that is telling his deputies that gun stores are not essential. You can do an internet search to get further on that issue.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:06 AM   #4

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Not yet in Utah except Summit County (where Park City Resort is).
GVP
Old 03-26-2020, 02:17 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
We sitting still 5 cases in county in central Florida. I think the stay home is still recommendation status. My primary home is in hot spot county.

I can see where they may decide to implement and enforce at some point. To me people do not take it serious enough in some areas.

We will get through this. It bites but the alternative is worse.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:50 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Bexar County and the city of San Antonio, TX have a shelter in place order effective Mar 23, 2020.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:41 PM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Yup, been almost a week now Michigan has had a Shelter in Place order.

Metro Detroit has one of the highest infection rates in the country, sadly.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:51 PM   #8

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
New Yorkers are leaving the city. Stay in place has no meaning.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:23 PM   #9
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I'm staying right here:
New York has gone NuTz!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:41 PM   #10

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
All of California is a shelter in place, or 'safer at home' territory. We go out only occasionally for essentials, and even then limit exposure as much as possible. Most all of the people we know are behaving responsibly, but there are those that apparently feel they are immune and rules are only for others.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:13 PM   #11

THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaktop View Post
New Yorkers are leaving the city. Stay in place has no meaning.
I suppose you can't blame them if you have the means to get out of Dodge and get away from the crud do you do it?
We have discussed much the same thing on this forum getting in the MH and leaving for safer areas.
If our federal, state, and local governments don't or won't put any teeth in these stay at home orders this is what we are going to get. People that can get out will get out.
There is no good answer to this problem. As Americans to have our government tell us we can't travel or have to stay home is repulsive to most of us.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
Old 03-26-2020, 10:22 PM   #12

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
I suppose you can't blame them if you have the means to get out of Dodge and get away from the crud do you do it?
We have discussed much the same thing on this forum getting in the MH and leaving for safer areas.
If our federal, state, and local governments don't or won't put any teeth in these stay at home orders this is what we are going to get. People that can get out will get out.
There is no good answer to this problem. As Americans to have our government tell us we can't travel or have to stay home is repulsive to most of us.
Thats why this pandemic will carry on.

RI now stopping all New York plates.

No good answer but the facts of the matter.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:14 PM   #13

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
Texas to start 14 day quarantine of people arriving via a plane from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and New Orleans. Some cities and counties have SIP orders. The mayor of Austin issued a SIP order but suggested people still go out for walks, jogging and exercise. That and the list of 'essential' things is pretty long so the order is meaningless. That all said, even though it is hard, we are staying home except for trips to get groceries.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:13 AM   #14

Brand: Jayco
Model: Alante
State: West Virginia
THOR #5597
We have had a Stay in home order for over a week now. we stayed virus free until March 17, that being said, we're up to 72 cases as of today. Our biggest problem now is people from out of state coming here. From what I've heard, quite a few visitors are from places that have had large outbreaks. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for tourism, but just not at this time. We've shortages of TP, hand cleaner, and disinfectants, ground meat, milk , eggs, wipes and other staples. these additional people are putting a strain on already thin supplies. It's not easy to get supplies to some more remote places in the state, and I don't want to see our elderly have to do without because of the ones from out of state.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:29 PM   #15

Model: Citation
THOR #8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Texas to start 14 day quarantine of people arriving via a plane from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and New Orleans. Some cities and counties have SIP orders. The mayor of Austin issued a SIP order but suggested people still go out for walks, jogging and exercise. That and the list of 'essential' things is pretty long so the order is meaningless. That all said, even though it is hard, we are staying home except for trips to get groceries.
Dallas, Arlington, Fort Worth have finally started SIP.

Our Lt. Governor has a much better idea
dw and I have decided to NOT help him save the economy .
She said he should focus on his day job
Old 03-27-2020, 05:36 PM   #16
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjbrtd View Post
Dallas, Arlington, Fort Worth have finally started SIP.

Our Lt. Governor has a much better idea
dw and I have decided to NOT help him save the economy .
She said he should focus on his day job
Texas inside joke?

IDGI
Old 03-27-2020, 07:26 PM   #17

THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Texas inside joke?

IDGI
Actually Ted the Lt Gov. of Texas, a guy in his early 70's, said he would be willing to take a chance on getting COVID and possibly die if it meant getting the country opened back up and the economy restarted or something to that effect.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
Old 03-27-2020, 08:38 PM   #18
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
Actually Ted the Lt Gov. of Texas, a guy in his early 70's, said he would be willing to take a chance on getting COVID and possibly die if it meant getting the country opened back up and the economy restarted or something to that effect.

So...... who's next in line for Lt. Governor?
Old 03-27-2020, 10:28 PM   #19

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post

So...... who's next in line for Lt. Governor?
No back up for the Lt Governor. He's President of the Senate and a general douche bag. Most sane Texans don't care for the guy. He's too busy protecting Texas bathrooms from the boogeyman.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:59 AM   #20

Model: 22E
State: New York
THOR #12119
We thought about taking our Grand Canyon trip April 1, but we feared a motorhome with NY plates was like having a target on your back.
So we are staying isolated at home.