Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2016, 04:58 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 28Z
State: Washington
THOR #3419
Key Fob

Hi:

Is this the standard key fob for class C Chateau or is it an after market one? I have a 2016 Chateau 28Z which came with this fob. The unit was used and I don't have any manual for it and I only have one fob. It is "Pursuit" brand.
Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Key Fob.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1284  

Old 01-15-2016, 03:07 PM   #2

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
can't say for sure, but I can tell you that my '13 E-450 doesn't have fobs that look like that... similar, but not exactly.

One of your buttons looks like it says "option". That doesn't seem factory to me.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:21 PM   #3

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Subject to Theft

I would highly recomend that one NEVER use a remote key fob on a motorhome. It is too easy to clone the signal and allow the bad guys easy access to your rig. Search on the Internet and see that it is not advised. Here is an example of the theft that took only seven minutes. Stopping for something to eat or at a big box store is a prefect situation to have the signal cloned.

IMHO: THROW IT AWAY!
Old 01-15-2016, 05:11 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Only seven minutes!

Kinda funny that on IRV2 almost a year and a half ago I posted about theft at Quartzite where a friend of mine had his motorhome virtually stripped clean, (including the generator), while they were out sightseeing all day. The thieves had many hours to ransack inside and out. They took everything of value, including appliances and fixtures!

To this day people deny that it happened on that same thread, or that it can happen at all!

Some of these people bring up the, "been RVing for x-number of years", and never had anything stolen! They vehemently believe that their rig and their stuff is absolutely positively safe at Quartzite and at any campsite anywhere because the RVing community is wonderful, and they themselves are good people.

Well, at some point it will only take seven minutes to change their attitude.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:13 AM   #5

THOR #3419
Thanks.
The reality is when somebody wants to steal, they will steal. Doesn't matter want kind of lock, security system or whatever else you have. But also, another fact is that most burglary are the crime of opportunity. Thieves who go door to door to see which one is unlock (car, RV or apartment and etc). Some times I think being a victim of a burglary is all about bad luck! bring at the wrong place and at the wrong time.
I just needed to know if somebody know about this fib and what "option" means.

Thanks again.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:38 AM   #6

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRDWRK View Post
Thanks.
The reality is when somebody wants to steal, they will steal. Doesn't matter want kind of lock, security system or whatever else you have. But also, another fact is that most burglary are the crime of opportunity. Thieves who go door to door to see which one is unlock (car, RV or apartment and etc). Some times I think being a victim of a burglary is all about bad luck! bring at the wrong place and at the wrong time.

Thanks again.
Are you sure it is option? On a blow up it looks like off on
Old 01-16-2016, 02:46 AM   #7

THOR #3419
The right lower black one is "option". I am actually more curious to find out what the green button is. It has like transmission picture on it. Is that a remote start? How can I find it out? I have never had a remote start car/truck.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:36 AM   #8

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Texas
THOR #2889
this is an add on by Thor. it is not Ford.

Model PRO 9845B Keyless entry.pdf
Old 01-16-2016, 02:43 PM   #9

THOR #3419
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFixIt View Post
this is an add on by Thor. it is not Ford.

Attachment 1293
Thank you. This is what I need.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:38 PM   #10

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
I agree. But why make it easy for them. Cloning a remote gives a bad actor access without raising suspicion. I don't even see someone click a remote and walk into a vehicle. But if I see someone breaking in, I call 911.

I say again. Don't use keyless remotes on a RV.

Quote:
Thanks.

Thanks again.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:42 PM   #11

Model: Thor Chateau 28E
State: Arizona
THOR #13948
Remote wireless functions

Quote:
The right lower black one is "option". I am actually more curious to find out what the green button is. It has like transmission picture on it. Is that a remote start? How can I find it out? I have never had a remote start car/truck.
Did this ever get answered? Top 2 buttons obvious but bottom left green button and right button options button us not; would like to know their functions. By way this is for a 2019 Chateau 28E on a Ford F450. Appears this is a custom remote by Thor not standard Ford.