Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-08-2017, 09:31 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
THOR #7059
2018 Thor Class C 31L & 31W models

Has anyone heard of any changes for these 31 footers? My wife and I are actually interested in the 31L model, but we are not seeing them in stock anywhere, and hoping it has not been discontinued. We love the extra counter space and great TV position. I guess our second choice would be the 31W. I know it is still very early in the 2018 model year, but the 31L is also not on the online catalog at the anyflip website, so that makes me wonder about the 31L

Also it seems the new 31Y & 30D models are similiar to the 31W & 31E (full wall slides) models, so wondering if they are replacing the 31W & 31E, has anyone heard? Maybe because of possible issues with the full wall slides?

Thanks,
Steve

Old 04-08-2017, 09:55 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
This is from the MSHRV website for the 31W:

New features for 2018 include a new front cap with LED clearance lights, tankless water heater, induction cooktop, convection microwave, kitchen pop-up outlet with charging station, new slide-out facia, lighted battery disconnect switch, interior step light into the bedroom, stainless steel lav bowls IPO plastic, exterior lights on all storage compartments and solar wiring prep.

There wasn't anything about the 31L.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:47 PM   #3

THOR #7059
Thanks SuperD, I have been to the MSHRV website, but didn't see that. I did talk to a Thor factory rep last fall, and he mentioned a few of the new features you mentioned would be coming in the future. I saw they hadn't posted any photos yet of the 2018's on the MHSRV site.

We also liked the fact that the 31L had a large walkway down the center when the slides are in, I can't see them getting rid of that floor plan.

I guess we'll stay tuned
Old 04-13-2017, 02:05 PM   #4

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
We have the 31L, and still really like the floor plan.

I have always said that it doesn't look like much on paper, but when you get inside one it's nice.

It just doesn't have any of those interesting angles or other features that look good on the paper floor plan...
also, I thought when looking at similar plans on paper, that i wouldn't like the split bathroom with like this, but that really has not been an issue and could probably even be listed as a feature in my book.
.... but I figure it probably didn't sell well because how it looks on paper

But in reality it is a real winner in my book. It has
lots of counter and cabinet space.... more than pretty much any similar sized class C's or even class A's. So much cabinet space that we aren't even trying to use it all efficiently (and we are real pack rats!)

great living room TV location that doesn't seem like an afterthought and that's visible from every seating location at once....
it just fits my family of 5 well

My only gripes are the limited capacity in the tanks, especially the grey water
and the limited towing capacity
.... but these aren't unique problems to the floor plan
oh, and the oddly tall toilet seat

I really wish that I could have considered their super C version becasue it would have answered almost all complaints... I think it was the 35SK, which isn't showing up on their website today.... looks like similar to today's 35SM
Old 04-13-2017, 02:32 PM   #5

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
....cut....

also, I thought when looking at similar plans on paper, that i wouldn't like the split bathroom with like this, but that really has not been an issue and could probably even be listed as a feature in my book.
.... but I figure it probably didn't sell well because how it looks on paper

....cut....
Could you expand on the split bath, and what you like about it?

A family member just purchased a 31S Class A which has a very similar floorplan, except bedroom slide is reversed to driver side.

I'm not interested in purchasing a large MH, but realize the split bath can offer advantages in smaller RVs too. My experience with rentals that had split baths wasn't ideal, but that may be because we were traveling with others. If traveling alone as a couple it may be much different.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:55 PM   #6

THOR #7059
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post

I really wish that I could have considered their super C version becasue it would have answered almost all complaints... I think it was the 35SK, which isn't showing up on their website today.... looks like similar to today's 35SM
I wish we could get the super c as well, but not in the current budget. So does it seem like the 31L is discontinued, or is it possible, in the RV world, that there has been some kind of delay or major update and the 31L is on it's way?
Old 04-13-2017, 05:19 PM   #7

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Could you expand on the split bath, and what you like about it?

A family member just purchased a 31S Class A which has a very similar floorplan, except bedroom slide is reversed to driver side.

I'm not interested in purchasing a large MH, but realize the split bath can offer advantages in smaller RVs too. My experience with rentals that had split baths wasn't ideal, but that may be because we were traveling with others. If traveling alone as a couple it may be much different.
Sure, well it's not a big thing really.....and I'll preface by saying I have no first hand experience with other configurations, so what do I know?

It just seems to me that there's a bit more elbow room when stepping out of the shower. The door from the powder room opens to divide the area from the living area provides sufficient privacy. It just seems like a good way to multi-purpose the space that would otherwise be only used as a corridor.

It is a bit of a negative if someone wants to get into the bathroom or bedroom while the shower is in use, but typically a person isn't in there all that long.

and yes, I can imagine it could be a little less than ideal with multiple families travelling together.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:58 PM   #8

THOR #2121
Thanks much, I appreciate it.

Makes me wonder why Thor hasn't offered a similar split-bath arrangement in smaller Axis/Vegas. They've split the sink to passenger side, but not the shower which seems more common.

The split bath like yours solves problem of not ending up with part of kitchen across from bathroom. I can see where that has some appeal. I expect we will spend much more time in kitchen than bathing so the trade off makes sense.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:04 PM   #9

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
for my druthers, I like the dinette and sofa on the same wall, with the TV on the opposite wall. My preference is an eye level TV position though, but the 31L is a good layout. I really hate placing a TV so you have to look beyond the dinette or even worst behind the sofa.

The latest 3/17 update to the brochure does not have the 31L listed, so it is probably discontinued.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:35 PM   #10

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredman View Post
....cut....

The latest 3/17 update to the brochure does not have the 31L listed, so it is probably discontinued.
At 32'-7" and 2 slides, that's a lot of motorhome for an E-450 chassis. I'm not surprised they would discontinue it.

I would weigh any motorhome near that size built on E-450 before buying to make sure it has adequate cargo carrying capacity. We can't count on manufacturers to provide enough capacity.

Agree on your TV comment. Some placed over dinette partially blocking windows on either side would drive me nuts. There is nothing wrong with that, but for me things have to look like they belong there.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:54 PM   #11

THOR #7059
Quote:

Which brochure, is that the anyflip one online that a factory Rep gave me? It shows a date of 5/6/16 for me. If not, maybe I'm missing a useful one.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:22 PM   #12

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveku View Post
Which brochure, is that the anyflip one online that a factory Rep gave me? It shows a date of 5/6/16 for me. If not, maybe I'm missing a useful one.
This is dated 3/22/17, and doesn't show 31L.

https://thormotorcoach.com/image/dat...re-DIGITAL.pdf
Old 04-13-2017, 07:48 PM   #13

THOR #7059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
This is dated 3/22/17, and doesn't show 31L.

https://thormotorcoach.com/image/dat...re-DIGITAL.pdf

Oh wow, I requested new brochure on April 5, 2017 for both online and printed copies, the online link he sent me is dated 5/16/2016, the anyflip link he sent me last year is dated 5/5/2016 and had no 31L, the one you have is 3/17/17(guess I didn't know how to get to that link from the main page), and I'd be willing to bet the printed copy could have yet another date on it, i will look once I get home from work.

In any event, it looks like the 31L is a goner, so time to look at either the 31W or another manufacturer with a 31L floorplan - although we didn't really like that floor plan in I believe it was the Sunseeker or the Leprechan models.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:55 PM   #14

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
THOR #6040
top of Thor homepage - Owners

Then pick Owners Manual button

Filter by Type - toggle to All

You can choose Brand and Year if you want, then hit Filter Literature
Old 04-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #15

THOR #7059
Quote:
top of Thor homepage - Owners

Then pick Owners Manual button

Filter by Type - toggle to All

You can choose Brand and Year if you want, then hit Filter Literature
Great, thank you wredman!
Old 04-23-2017, 06:42 AM   #16

Model: XG 32 Omni
THOR #4243
We purchased a 2016 31L in june of last year, and we love it. Great floor plan, lots of storage and the split bathroom is great.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:33 PM   #17

Model: Vegas
State: Iowa
THOR #2078
Wink Chateau 31L

We just bought our 31L in Dewitt Iowa, built last June 2016. Probably been sitting on this very small dealer's lot. We like the floorplan. Dealer said it was discontinued mid model year 2017. A shame. However, it convinced us to hurry up and buy it.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:31 PM   #18

Model: Class C 31L
State: Illinois
THOR #7768
We are selling ours to downsize into the new Thor Mercedes sprinter chassis.

https://quadcities.craigslist.org/rv...350811990.html
Old 10-22-2017, 04:22 PM   #19
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Four Winds 31L | Motor Home Class C

SEARCH FOR IT USING THIS DESCRIPTION
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:39 AM   #20

State: California
THOR #6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveku View Post
Has anyone heard of any changes for these 31 footers? My wife and I are actually interested in the 31L model, but we are not seeing them in stock anywhere, and hoping it has not been discontinued. We love the extra counter space and great TV position. I guess our second choice would be the 31W. I know it is still very early in the 2018 model year, but the 31L is also not on the online catalog at the anyflip website, so that makes me wonder about the 31L

Also it seems the new 31Y & 30D models are similiar to the 31W & 31E (full wall slides) models, so wondering if they are replacing the 31W & 31E, has anyone heard? Maybe because of possible issues with the full wall slides?

Thanks,
Steve
Check out the 2018 Thor Quantum PD31 afer 6 mo. research I settled on this model and after delivery Thor did a great job. Quality control very much improved after waiting 4 mo. delivery. No issues.