Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-20-2019, 01:28 AM   #1
Bum

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 22B
State: Florida
THOR #14231
2019 Chateau

I picked up my new Chateau 22B today and was pleasantly surprised. In reading lots of negative reviews on various sites about Thor I was expecting the worst. I went over this first with the salesman who I told a few days ago that if there were issues that required me coming back for repairs I would not buy it. He went through it then a found 4 or 5 issues that he had taken care of, I went through it again with him and found only some little paint chips on the cabinets and a scratch on the bathroom wall. I told him I would prefer fixing the paint chips myself so not a biggie, I can cover the scratch with a small hand towel holder so no problem there. I then tested to the best of my ability everything from the dump tank to the AC and all was well so I went in and settle up with the paper work lady. I then had my walk through for about an hour and it went great, he found a bubble in the vinyl flooring just behind the passenger seat and it really cannot be seen so not going to worry about it. I have bought many RV's over the years, I"m 72, and this one has less defects at this point than any of the others including 5 Pleasure-way class b's. I realize it's early and things are going to happen but for the price of these 22B's I'm very pleased, this was discounted to a point that I didn't even ask for any further discount. Drove it home, 1-1/2 hours, no problems, steering and handling was as expected and I could even hear the radio. One wind caused rattle in the escape window by the dinette which I'll look at tomorrow and that was it. I'm sure I'll be asking questions here as time goes by but hopefully only advice requests. Glad to be part of the group.

Old 01-20-2019, 01:41 AM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
A wise man. May you have many pleasurable day and nights in you new RV.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:04 AM   #3
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Congratulations & Enjoy! Welcome.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:07 AM   #4

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
THOR #12434
Congratulations on your new rig! Welcome to our group!
Old 01-22-2019, 12:39 AM   #5

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Welcome! Keep an eye on the forum for our little Thor forum rally. Mark it down for the first weekend in April. You might get the prize for newest coach (the prize is a round of applause.) Details soon!
Old 01-22-2019, 02:29 AM   #6

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
THOR #12434
Congratulations! I hope you have many pleasant memories!
Old 01-22-2019, 12:21 PM   #7

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
For the most part, I feel this is the same experience most buyers have with Thor products. Having a shoe box full of cash for the mods and a small tool box for the expected little things to happen is about all you need. Good luck and Good Job on the shake down!! Just BEWARE...every time you log onto this Forum it will cost you $1,000!!!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:03 PM   #8

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
For the most part, I feel this is the same experience most buyers have with Thor products. Having a shoe box full of cash for the mods and a small tool box for the expected little things to happen is about all you need. Good luck and Good Job on the shake down!! Just BEWARE...every time you log onto this Forum it will cost you $1,000!!!
Very good!
Old 01-29-2019, 09:55 PM   #9

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
A happy report. I hope all continues to go well and that you enjoy many happy miles and adventures in your new coach. My Freedom Elite was flawless from the day I picked it up. Only traded it because I wanted bigger and a class A. It also was without fault!
Old 01-29-2019, 10:14 PM   #10
Bum

THOR #14231
I found my first flaw, water leak in the wall from the shower lines. I was not sure how to fix this so I went over today and removed the faucet side of the enclosure as there is no access panel unless you remove the bedroom wall which I was not about to tackle. The cold water line was not hand tight to the inlet and it was a simple 10 second fix that should not have been required. Although the fix was simple removing the enclosure was not, it took over an hour for me to figure it out, this is held together with double sided tape, a few plastic anchors which were very hard to get out, and silicone caulk that I had to cut bottom to top and across the top, the final piece holding it all together is the shower curtain rod, not a very sturdy set up at all. Now that I fixed the leak I am waiting to see if the dealer will send me the anchors as I can't match them up anywhere so the wall will remain loose until such time that I get them. If any of you know what these are called I would appreciate your posting it so I can try the Internet. Much better than driving it back to the dealer and waiting for them to fix it then another trip back to get it. This fix at most will cost me $5.00 and a few hours of my time vs 20 plus gallons of gas and 7 or 8 hours of my time to run two vehicles back and forth to the dealer.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:31 PM   #11

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Call Thor Custome service. They have sent me a few things I have needed. I am new here and I can tell you the folks on this forum are great!! I have never owned a RV so my questions are really basic. I always get a response.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:55 PM   #12
Bum

THOR #14231
I sent a photo of the anchor to my salesman that forwarded it to them and they did call about an hour ago. They will be sending them out in a few days as they are closing down tomorrow due to the weather.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7504.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	15443   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7505.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	15444  

Old 01-30-2019, 12:06 AM   #13

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum View Post
I sent a photo of the anchor to my salesman that forwarded it to them and they did call about an hour ago. They will be sending them out in a few days as they are closing down tomorrow due to the weather.

X2 call Thor directly. They sent me a few items that I did eventually need. I think you are right to fix it yourself. Sure you shouldn’t have to but who besides you cares enough to do good work? and you will learn SO much about your coach doing this work.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:18 AM   #14

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
you can also find those at an auto parts store. They are used to hold the door panel, bumpers, and other thing in place
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 12:13 PM   #15

THOR #11130
Just like "Brylcreem", a "little dab'l do ya". Put a small dab of silicone on each of those anchors before you push them in. For those that don't know what "Brylcreem" is...you're not old! It was a standard wardrobe item for the Mafia...along with sunglasses. Brylcreem, a comb and a Thompson...all you needed to be a genuine thug.

https://www.brylcreemusa.com/
Old 01-30-2019, 03:07 PM   #16
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I'm glad to hear that you've got a really good handle on the "How to fix things" part of the game!
And Welcome to the Forum!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 04:58 PM   #17

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
2019 Chateau

I have seen those fasteners in Home Depot or maybe Ace Hardware in the specialty fastener cabinet. Also you might look in any RV parts store near you.

Actually Amazon has them under “plastic fasteners”
Old 02-05-2019, 10:29 PM   #18
Bum

THOR #14231
They are on their way to me from Thor. Got a notice Friday that the UPS truck got into an accident but today the tracking said it is in route from Indiana.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:55 AM   #19

Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Just like "Brylcreem", a "little dab'l do ya". Put a small dab of silicone on each of those anchors before you push them in. For those that don't know what "Brylcreem" is...you're not old! It was a standard wardrobe item for the Mafia...along with sunglasses. Brylcreem, a comb and a Thompson...all you needed to be a genuine thug.

https://www.brylcreemusa.com/

Many years ago while in a rush to brush my teeth I mistakenly picked up the tube of Brylcreem. Yuck!!! Threw that stuff out and never had it in the house again. [emoji37]
Old 02-07-2019, 11:50 AM   #20

THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Many years ago while in a rush to brush my teeth I mistakenly picked up the tube of Brylcreem. Yuck!!! Threw that stuff out and never had it in the house again. [emoji37]

Could have been worse...glad it wasn't the Preparation H!!