Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-29-2020, 12:54 PM   #1
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Competition for the Magnitude and Omni

Looks like the 4x4 Super C market might get crowded. Along with the Dynamax Isata 5 the Magnitude and Omni are going to have to compete with the Nexus Rebel on an International chassis with a Duramax 350HP with 700 lb ft of torque.

Personally I think at a GVWR of 22K the coach is under powered and the range is limited with a 65 gallon fuel tank.

https://www.nexusrv.com/check-our-rv...orhomes--rebel

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:59 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
The DW and myself are loving our new Omni XG32. We get a lot of compliments on it and people wanting to look at it.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:21 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
The DW and myself are loving our new Omni XG32. We get a lot of compliments on it and people wanting to look at it.
We also are getting a lot of compliments and people asking us about our Magnitude SV34.

Competition is a good thing... it pushes everyone to be better. I do think Super C is becoming more popular and a great alternative to a Class A.

I have to say.... while Thor has their fair share of issues like many other manufacturers, you get a lot of bang for the buck. I also still think Thor provides excellent customer service.

I'm on my second new Thor coach after having a good customer service experience with Thor when I had issues with the first one under warranty.

My Magnitude has been at the dealer a couple weeks getting some items addressed that I could not fix myself. A couple issues were intermittent and very tough to nail down the root causes but Thor authorized replacing key components in order to address the issues.... which I am sure is not a cheap way to go.

I also told the dealer that the grey paint on the front of the coach felt very rough and not smooth like the rest of the finish on the coach. I noticed it when trying to wax it this spring. The dealer agreed and they had their internal body shop look at it. The body shop confirmed that the gray paint had overspray all over it... I assume it was clear coat overspray. They estimated over $3000 to repaint it and submitted it to Thor.

Thor sent out BASF to confirm the overspray and that it could not be buffed out or wet sanded. BASF agreed with the Dealer's body shop and Thor approved the paint to be redone.

I have not seen and gone over all of the repairs yet to make sure they meet with my approval since they now have to get it into the body shop but I am very happy with the communication and attention to detail by the Dealer and also very happy with Thor approving all of the issues I have raised.