Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-16-2021, 03:26 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Knew someone would have the answer. Thanks Judge. The forum is a great resource.

Paul

Old 01-16-2021, 04:05 PM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
Knew someone would have the answer. Thanks Judge. The forum is a great resource.Paul

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:00 PM   #23

Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Alaska
THOR #18758
Thanks for posting this picture. I'll have to check ours.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:47 PM   #24

State: Arizona
THOR #21864
Had the same thing happen to our XG32. One brace fell off and lost another just hanging. Replaced the screws with 1/4 inch bolts and waiting for replacement one from Thor.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:22 PM   #25

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Texas
THOR #10883
Brackets

They look like extenders on the steps?
Old 01-20-2021, 07:28 PM   #26

Model: OMNI XG32
State: Colorado
THOR #20253
Just seeing this for the first time, but it looks like it's been talked out. Just want to add that I also own a 2020 Omni XG32 that we purchased in May. After our first long trip I also noticed that the running board on the drivers side was sagging a bit. After looking underneath, I found the same issue of either barely attached support brackets or just missing. The construction on these these units (most units) is really shoddy and shocking. I tried to fix it myself by drilling the holes that should have been in the frame and reattach with bolts. Couldn't drill the holes despite using metal bits. Finally took it to Lazydays (don't get me started) and had them reattach the brackets....which took weeks! Anyway, hope you get it resolved! Ah, the joys of RV ownership!
Old 01-20-2021, 07:53 PM   #27

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwh67_idaho View Post
Well, Judge, you were spot on. I see two on each running board. The ones that "failed" were in the same position on either side. There were positioned at the rear, wider section of the running boards. Your suggestion on the fix makes sense. Many thanks for pointing me to the right spot.

For anyone interested, I've attached a picture of what the other backer looks like that is still in place.
Just looking at the tab on the top left, isn't that suppose to be in the hole and pushed in all the way?
Old 01-20-2021, 07:57 PM   #28

Model: OMNI XG32
THOR #20253
I can answer that. Yes! That tab needs to be pushed in before the bolts are lined up and secured. The whole design of those braces is really a joke!
Old 01-20-2021, 08:51 PM   #29

Model: Omni XG32
THOR #18499
I have a 2021 XG32. It has the same bracket support issue. One side fell off the other is trying too ��. It is on the list for my last warranty appointment.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:23 AM   #30

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire View Post
I have a 2021 XG32. It has the same bracket support issue. One side fell off the other is trying too ��. It is on the list for my last warranty appointment.
You can fix that better than the tech at the dealer. Do it like judge suggests, with bolts ,washers, and nuts. The guy at the dealer is just going to run another screw in a hole that’s too big.
Old 01-21-2021, 05:14 PM   #31

Model: Omni XG32
THOR #18499
Good point. I'll take a closer look and weld it in if that is possible.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:55 PM   #32

THOR #18758
Just checked mine, same as everyone else.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:58 PM   #33

Model: Magnitude BH35
THOR #20053
Thor also uses those brackets for support or at least look like supports for the storage areas. I have on that the bolt has broken off of and need to be replaced. This is on a BH35, but they all look the same.
I would recommend that if you have a Magnitude or Omni model, take a look under the Coach and see if you have all these braces. I have seen one or two of them just hanging there or bolts broke off.
meyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:22 PM   #34

Model: Magnitude
State: Texas
THOR #22368
Thanks for the information. We have recently purchased the XG32 and looked under and found we had a loose bracket. Thanks again
Old 03-17-2021, 03:44 AM   #35

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
I checked mine several days back and they were all tight, but it is something I will keep an eye on. If they come loose I will put a better fastener on them.
Old 08-15-2021, 03:00 PM   #36

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Older thread but I saw a couple of these threads even before I bought mine. Yes perhaps what was I thinking getting it but when I got it home in early June when I was rolling around under it with my creeper, the brackets were one of the first things I checked. Just like the discussions, although mine were tight, but for who knows how long. Today I drilled out the second hole with a 5/16th bit and installed 4, 1 each bracket, a grade 8 bolt, flat washers and with nylock nuts. Torqued to gootentight. Original cheap screws still there but now I know the brackets are going no place.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 03:33 PM   #37

THOR #18758
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Older thread but I saw a couple of these threads even before I bought mine. Yes perhaps what was I thinking getting it but when I got it home in early June when I was rolling around under it with my creeper, the brackets were one of the first things I checked. Just like the discussions, although mine were tight, but for who knows how long. Today I drilled out the second hole with a 5/16th bit and installed 4, 1 each bracket, a grade 8 bolt, flat washers and with nylock nuts. Torqued to gootentight. Original cheap screws still there but now I know the brackets are going no place.
I lost one of my brackets, Thor, after I talked with them and emailed pictures didn't just send the bracket-it comes as one assembly (the whole support and two brackets). Crazy.

Tags
super c undercarriage, troubleshooting