Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2022, 07:10 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #25799
Ohio to Florida

Will be taking 75 but I wish to bypass Atlanta Not interested in going straight thru or 285 Any ideas

Old 10-06-2022, 08:38 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
What part of Ohio? You know Atlanta has a beltway? You don't have to go through downtown.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 09:19 PM   #3

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Besides what part of Ohio.... where do you want to end up in Florida? That will help us giving you options.

If you are heading to the Pan Handle, you could consider going through Birmingham.

If you are going to the east coast, you could pick up 26 off 81 and go through Columbia and pick up 95.

I live in Cape Coral but travel to western PA often to see family. I take 75 up to Ocala and then pick up 301 over to 10 and then over to 95 and cut over on 26 towards Columbia and then head north.
Old 10-07-2022, 01:22 AM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Been through Atlanta many times over the years. The traffic is legendary. We often don't have a good alternate route. My experience has been the best route has usually been right through the center, rather than the east or west bypass. I've heard that from others who pass through Atlanta often. Check the Waze app before you reach the bypass choice.

If you can plan your trip, the very best day is Sunday. Saturday is better than weekdays. Midday any day is better than morning and afternoon rush times. Earlier this year we went through on a holiday Monday and although still busy, it wasn't bad at all.

I-77 to I-75 may be an option, but the mountains between Beckley, WV and Fancy Gap, VA can be problematic. We had to wait out the fog one morning. Cars don't seem to slow for rainy or wet mountain highways.
Old 10-07-2022, 01:37 AM   #5

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Not many choices other than straight thru or around 285. 285 around the west side is very rough and tons of big rigs. Your best bet is right through town on 75. Just time it before 5AM or after 8ish PM. There is an HOV lane straight through.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote