Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2022, 02:43 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamokadave View Post
Just a guess on my part, but I'm thinking you are not overly familiar with the gas line routing issue on the Thor twins if you think its a simple fix.
It's held in place by difficult to reach "P" clamps screwed to the chassis. Getting the old out will be a challenge as will getting the new in.
Getting hands and tools in to work on the manifolds will be no picnic either.
It's easy for an internet warrior armchair mechanic to make suggestion on things they have no direct knowledge. I also posted what you say about the routing and clamping and the difficulty to "just move the line". My suspicion, without having any actual or direct knowledge of factory procedures, is the lines are installed on the house under floor before the house gets set on the frame. As such the routing and clamps are easily accessible and of no concern to those doing the installing. Later when that house floor is set on the chassis do problems arise. Since I also suspect that thor doesn't have any standard the factory follows for that installation, they don't know what the total impact of that is. But not my problem now.

2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 04:28 PM   #62

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamokadave View Post
Just a guess on my part, but I'm thinking you are not overly familiar with the gas line routing issue on the Thor twins if you think its a simple fix.
It's held in place by difficult to reach "P" clamps screwed to the chassis. Getting the old out will be a challenge as will getting the new in.
Getting hands and tools in to work on the manifolds will be no picnic either.
It's not as easy as just removing the line from the manifold, you have to remove the lines from each appliance first then drop the manifold. Thor did not put swivel ends on the main line to each manifold that's why you have to disconnect from each appliance first.
Old 01-01-2022, 04:30 PM   #63

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Fix the gas line yourself in three minutes IF you indeed have the misrouted hose.
It's a wrench and a glance.

I don't know what I'd think about if I drove all that way on a
'May have'
and mine wasn't one of them.

My kr has some ridiculous recall on a
Maybe
Of a potentially rusty tailgate cable.
It took me less than a minute of inspection to save myself a trip to the dealer.
People with no knowledge of how it's assembled should not make stupid comments and tell people how easy it is.
Old 05-08-2022, 09:36 PM   #64

Model: Omni XG32
State: Idaho
THOR #26774
Our 22 XG32 has had a few issues, typical of a new motor home. I’ve found that my biggest problem with getting issues dealt with isn’t Thor but rather our crappy dealership. They are to busy selling them to take the time to fix them.

I see you mentioned you found one in Sacramento, DiMartini RV by chance? If so, the are a GREAT dealership. We bout a diesel pusher from them in 09 and enjoyed a very good working relationship with their service folks.