Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2021, 11:01 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #24626
Cool 2022 Thor Freedom Elite 24HE

Good Morning All,

My wife and I have put a down payment on a 2022 Thor Freedom Elite 24HE.

We are scheduled to close on our purchase this Saturday and we have some trepidation after reading some of these posts by current Thor owners.

My major concern at this time is the overwhelmingly barren dashboard in the Ford F-350. It looks like the dashboard of a car I drove back in the 1970's.

Does have a backup camera but not sure about bluetooth, etc.

Any advice from Thor 24HE owners is much appreciated. And, yes, I am new to camping so anything you can recommend is, again, much appreciated.

Paul

Old 08-26-2021, 02:19 AM   #2

State: Arizona
THOR #24621
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2022Thor24HE View Post
Good Morning All,

My wife and I have put a down payment on a 2022 Thor Freedom Elite 24HE.

We are scheduled to close on our purchase this Saturday and we have some trepidation after reading some of these posts by current Thor owners.

My major concern at this time is the overwhelmingly barren dashboard in the Ford F-350. It looks like the dashboard of a car I drove back in the 1970's.

Does have a backup camera but not sure about bluetooth, etc.

Any advice from Thor 24HE owners is much appreciated. And, yes, I am new to camping so anything you can recommend is, again, much appreciated.

Paul

I have a 2019. The backup camera is great. The radio is very low quality. I’m going to replace mine someday. Never use Bluetooth- I would need training.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:11 AM   #3

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
We have a 2020 Chateau 24F, which is essentially the same floor plan. We love ours... have not had any major issues except for some minor dealer induced water damage when we discovered the large upper driver side storage bay had not been fully closed/locked. All damage was repaired/replaced.

I have added solar, moved the driver seat rearward, heavily sound insulated the cabin area, added hydraulic levelers... the list goes on. I would NEVER have replaced/modified the motorhome as much as I have had I not been confident we were satisfied with our purchase. Kids are grown, so it's just me, the wife & two pups. Fits us perfectly! Oh... I also flat tow my Jeep Wrangler on occasion if we need an excursion vehicle.
Old 08-26-2021, 04:12 AM   #4

THOR #13228
Love ours! 2017 24F. Yes the dash frills are limited. Radio and speakers are low quality but function. Backup camera and bluetooth are very useful. Sweetheart calls my cell connected to radio for hands free communication while parking, backing, etc... We love the layout and open area. All storage/frig is accessible slide closed or open.

Remember complaints are frequent in forums, praises are few.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:51 AM   #5

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
We also have a 2017 24F and find it to be perfect for our lifestyle. We like the one big room when the slide is extended since it affords us freedom to move about. We do not tow since we can usually get into anywhere we want to visit. We have a good routine that allows us to set-up and tear down in about 10 minutes if we want to get out locally at a campsite. For extended stays we rent a car from Enterprise.
Old 03-22-2022, 05:15 PM   #6

Model: Freedom Elite 24HE
State: Minnesota
THOR #26294
and the verdict?

Did you end up buying the RV, How did it turn out? I am asking because I purchased one a few days ago!!
Old 03-23-2022, 01:26 AM   #7

THOR #16721
I just solved probably the biggest "pain point" in our 24F. No seating area except for the dinette.

I just ordered two swivel bases for the two cab seats. I also got a small LED projector. We will use the swiveled cab seats as "theater seats". I'm mounting a portable projection screen on the wardrobe wall. Since the projector and screen are portable, we'll use them in the bedroom too. I'm removing the cab-over TV (STUPID placement!) to be repurposed on our deck/porch at home.

I'll be installing an inverter to run the projector from batteries when not on shore power... no noisy generator.

Bottom line... pick a floorplan that suits your style... then make it your own with endless fun projects!
Old 03-23-2022, 03:19 AM   #8

THOR #13228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
I just solved probably the biggest "pain point" in our 24F. No seating area except for the dinette.

I just ordered two swivel bases for the two cab seats.
You will love the swivel seats. We do. Great place to sit and put shoes on or off.
Place to recline and read, although lighting will be poor. We use a clip-on book light, clipped to the over-head or visor.

Enjoy!
Old 07-18-2022, 04:19 PM   #9

Model: Freedom Elite 24HE
State: Minnesota
THOR #26294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post

I just ordered two swivel bases for the two cab seats. I also got a small LED projector. We will use the swiveled cab seats as "theater seats". I'm mounting a portable projection screen on the wardrobe wall. Since the projector and screen are portable, we'll use them in the bedroom too. I'm removing the cab-over TV (STUPID placement!) to be repurposed on our deck/porch at home.

I'll be installing an inverter to run the projector from batteries when not on shore power... no noisy generator.

Bottom line... pick a floorplan that suits your style... then make it your own with endless fun projects!
What brand swivels did you buy? I want to add these to my rig.
Old 07-19-2022, 05:18 AM   #10

THOR #16721
https://shop4seats.com/rv-seating/rv-bases.html

Note that even though they indicate something like "06", the bolt pattern hasn't changed... I called them before ordering to confirm. I also got the heavy duty version.

Also note that I raised/moved back both front seats using Unistrut rails... to provide legroom. This evidently caused an issue rotating the driver seat. I used heavy duty springs to allow the seat to tip slightly to clear the steering wheel. No issues rotating the passenger seat.

The other issue was the armrests were tight against the doors, so I removed them. Be aware to unplug the seatbelt warning plugs before rotating.
Old 07-19-2022, 11:19 AM   #11

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
Look at this post. It has a video as well as the tools you will need. Makes a huge difference to have a place to stretch out while parked.

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...eat-24019.html
Old 07-19-2022, 01:42 PM   #12

State: Massachusetts
THOR #24626
Swivel Seat Base 2022 Thor 24ft

Ordered from:

information@discountvantruck.com

Vehicle Info
Vehicle Make Ford
Vehicle Year 2022
Vehicle Length Base 24 Feet RV
Vehicle Model E-350
Order Information
Stock # Item Image Selections Qty Unit Options Total
113633 96.5-22 Heavy Duty Ford Swivel Seat Base Passenger OEM SEAT 1 $289

$289
Old 07-19-2022, 04:05 PM   #13

THOR #16721
I lied... I had saved a few websites when doing my "research" and posted the WRONG one! I found my actual order info, and "discountvantruck" is also where I got mine...

https://discountvantruck.com/rvvanse...dseatbases.htm

Although mine is a 2020 model year, they are identical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2022Thor24HE View Post
Ordered from:

information@discountvantruck.com

Vehicle Info
Vehicle Make Ford
Vehicle Year 2022
Vehicle Length Base 24 Feet RV
Vehicle Model E-350
Order Information
Stock # Item Image Selections Qty Unit Options Total
113633 96.5-22 Heavy Duty Ford Swivel Seat Base Passenger OEM SEAT 1 $289

$289
Old 09-03-2022, 09:18 PM   #14

State: New York
THOR #27708
Hi Paul
We just picked our 2022 on 8/29 & drove her home from NH 277 mi. So far very happy. I've sanitized the water system to find the city water check valve wasn't checking. Looked for all switches, tried generator, etc.
Contact Thor and get the schematics, emailed to me immediately.
The house power switch must be on for the rear camera. I'm sure others already answered your questions and gave advice. Go for it and enjoy your new toy.