Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2020, 07:16 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #19921
3rd valve on Freedom elite 29FE

Can someone tell me what the third valve on the passenger side of a Freedom elite 29FE is for. It seems when the water is running in our bathroom sink our black water tank is filling up. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Old 08-03-2020, 07:42 PM   #2

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janis Evangelho View Post
Can someone tell me what the third valve on the passenger side of a Freedom elite 29FE is for. It seems when the water is running in our bathroom sink our black water tank is filling up. Has anyone ever heard of this?

I have a Hurricane 31Z and the bathroom sink goes to the black tank. A lot of RV manufacturers do that now.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:13 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janis Evangelho View Post
Many RVs with toilet and black tank located on passenger side have a third valve near the black tank that can be shut off in order for the drain line to remain empty after dumping. This can help to keep the long line under RV from freezing in cold weather.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:33 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
You could try lining up where the bathroom is on the passenger side; and take a peek under the rig there.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:54 PM   #5

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
The third valve is actually your black tank dump. Open it and the one on the drivers side.

2017 Freedom Elite 29fe
2015 Jeep Wrangler Toad
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 12:08 AM   #6

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
My Outlaw 29H had the black tank drain pipe plumbed under the drive shaft and over to the "T" with the gray tank. There was a drain valve at the black tank and another one at the "T" (in addition to the gray tank valve which could drain on its own through the "T" connection).

I believe they plumbed it this way because the drain pipe did not have much ground clearance and should it get damaged or torn off, you would have a heck of a mess.

I ultimately removed the drain pipe from under the drive shaft and added a sewer hose connection on the passenger side. I then got a "Y" adapter for the hose and dumped from each side.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:17 AM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
Did you take a picture of that plumbing project?
(That crossover pipe DID hang low! )
Old 08-04-2020, 07:18 PM   #8

Model: Windsport. 35M
THOR #6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Many RVs with toilet and black tank located on passenger side have a third valve near the black tank that can be shut off in order for the drain line to remain empty after dumping. This can help to keep the long line under RV from freezing in cold weather.
I owned a 2016 29FE for a short time. Chance is correct about the third valve. If I remember correctly the bathroom sink drains into the black water tank. Shower and kitchen sink drains into gray water tank.