Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-02-2021, 05:37 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 24SX
State: Washington
THOR #18419
Accessing water pump on Compass 24SX

Just like asking for directions, I hate to ask this but here goes: where the heck is the 12V water pump located on the Compass 24SX? I've been all over the thing (and under) and I haven't found it.

Why? Because we went boondocking and had no water. I suspect that the pump was shut off when the unit was winterized last year. We've been on city water all since then, so this was our first trip without city water.

I'm stumped.

Old 06-02-2021, 05:57 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
My guess is under the bed slide.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 06:24 PM   #3

THOR #18419
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
My guess is under the bed slide.
I'll pull out the screwdriver and take a look. I can hear it run but it is not drawing any water, so either a valve has been turned or the filter is plugged.

**Thank you**
Old 06-04-2021, 03:13 AM   #4

THOR #18419
I can hear it but I can't see it

I can hear it when I turn the water pump on but I can't seem to get to it. It powers on but no water is delivered to the tap, so my guess is that I need to inspect/clean the filter...but how to access it is the big question. The platform under the bed appears to be stapled down, not screwed down. Alternatively, I've also heard that removing the outside shower panel will allow access but I'd rather not do that unless that's my only choice. Any thoughts will be appreciated!
Old 06-04-2021, 11:15 AM   #5

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
If you look at the schematics for your model it should have a plumbing layout. In my 23 TB the pump is located behind a panel in the large storage compartment on the left, held in by two screws and if you are adventurous you could remove the outdoor shower and its right there along with the slide controller. I have accessed mine many times for winterizing and checking the strainer for debris.
Coveman2
Old 06-04-2021, 09:37 PM   #6

THOR #18419
16ACE27 had it right: it is under the bed slide. I haven't figured out how to remove the drawer that is in the way so I went with Coveman2's suggestion of looking behind the exterior shower assembly. Lo and behold, that's where it is.

It appears a valve was closed (likely during winterizing last fall) that prevented water from getting to the pump. I opened the valve and all is well.

Well, almost. Two of the shower assembly mounting screws are stripped so I'll need to fix those holes. Found plenty of sawdust, metal shavings, and loose screws in the space where the pump is located, so some additional cleaning is in order.

Photo gallery: https://photos.app.goo.gl/uPzvkPJwDJqj8C886
Old 06-05-2021, 12:26 AM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Glad you got it figured out. Yours is not the first Thor RV that had to have the outdoor shower removed to access the pump. How about just put an access panel in the panel on top of the bed platform??
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 12:44 AM   #8

THOR #18419
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Glad you got it figured out. Yours is not the first Thor RV that had to have the outdoor shower removed to access the pump. How about just put an access panel in the panel on top of the bed platform??
That is exactly my thought, too. Apparently, the accepted way to access it is to remove the drawer under the bed platform, lay on the floor, and reach way in to turn the valve on/off. An access hatch makes more sense for something that will need to be regularly accessed.

Thanks much for the assist!