Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2020, 04:04 AM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #15227
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
if you're getting a 'low voltage' message, or any message, then you have no problem with a fuse or power to the panel, but you have low voltage from your House batteries, which are what is used to drive the hydraulics for the leveling system. The system will generally give this fault if the Volts are too low, maybe 12.2 or lower, because it may not have enough power to 'extend' the leg, especially once the coach's weight is applied. When you are extracting the legs, though, it is only pulling them up, though the system doesn't know or care about the difference, it is just sensing the battery voltage.

If you don't like the 'low voltage' message, then you have to make sure your house batteries are full charged, or close to it, before you turn on the Leveling panel. If you are plugged into shore power, make sure that it's charging the House batteries(make sure that you charger is on). I get this 'low voltage' message fairly often, but don't pay it much attention, as when I go into 'Manual' mode, I can press any of the arrow buttons and they work the hydraulics levelers anyway. The message usually goes away after a minute or two of running the coach, also, as it usually provides charging to the House batteries, as well.

If the panel does not give any errors, but the legs will not move, then you have an issue with power to the Hydraulic system, which could be the 'buss fuse' in the battery bay has tripped. Happened to us before.
Great post, could you please be kind enough to clarify what it means to have my charger turned on when I’m sure power regarding charging the house batteries?

Old 03-07-2020, 11:59 AM   #62

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
not sure what you're asking...
Old 03-07-2020, 05:02 PM   #63

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureLover View Post
Great post, could you please be kind enough to clarify what it means to have my charger turned on when I’m sure power regarding charging the house batteries?
Your charger supplies power to the house batteries if the use/store switch (master power) is in the use position or the master power is on. Just a note that the jack panel is powered by the chassis battery and not the house batteries, but the electric pump for the jacks is powered by the house batteries through a 100 amp circuit beaker in the house battery compartment.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:48 PM   #64

State: Georgia
THOR #18025
Cool Those Pesky Levelers

Sooo, we have a 2020 Thor Chateau 31w. Had most of the new construction problems corrected. Coach batteries were always weak and we replaced them. Right after replacing them we got the infamous low voltage error and the leveling system quit working. Read through the forum, checked the circuit breakers on the right outside of the battery box and they were good. (Could they have made that any harder to get to?) Checked the batteries and the coach and chassis were good. Will check the fuses I can find and in 6 weeks it goes into the dealership if I can't find a cure by then. The levelers are stuck up fortunately so the RV is usable. Given they do not work in manual or auto mode and there is almost always a green light on one of the levels on the control panel when it is on, I'm almost convinced the panel is bad. What would we have to do in life it there weren't RVs to fix?
Old 03-24-2021, 03:04 PM   #65
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Have you re-checked the snugness of the cable connections?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:20 PM   #66

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by reduncan View Post
Sooo, we have a 2020 Thor Chateau 31w. Had most of the new construction problems corrected. Coach batteries were always weak and we replaced them. Right after replacing them we got the infamous low voltage error and the leveling system quit working. Read through the forum, checked the circuit breakers on the right outside of the battery box and they were good. (Could they have made that any harder to get to?) Checked the batteries and the coach and chassis were good. Will check the fuses I can find and in 6 weeks it goes into the dealership if I can't find a cure by then. The levelers are stuck up fortunately so the RV is usable. Given they do not work in manual or auto mode and there is almost always a green light on one of the levels on the control panel when it is on, I'm almost convinced the panel is bad. What would we have to do in life it there weren't RVs to fix?
The master manual for the jacks system (Power Gear) has been on line for a long time. Try page 117 for your coach.

https://support.lci1.com/master-owners-manual-leveling-and-stabilization-ccd-0001573
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 11:53 PM   #67

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Ohio
THOR #23681
I had two 750A multi purpose house lead acid batteries that were installed when my 2018 Hurricane 35M was new. They never gave a low voltage code even before they went bad.

I replaced those two with one 200Ah lithium battery and get a low voltage code every time I operate the auto jacks.

Instead of buying that $900 lithium battery, I should have just bought two identical $89 replacement lead acid.

I'm thinking each case on this thread have similar and some different unrelated issues, but I believe mine is the high level amount of demand that draw the voltage down so low, and so fast, the one 200Ah just doesn't have the (cranking type amps) high demand over a short period of time.

I could be wrong.