Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-24-2020, 06:31 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Nevada
THOR #11264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Question: Have these radios developed a reputation as a known source of trouble?

Why Bob I almost detected sarcasm there...
Axxera in my humble opinion is in the same category as the 3 Seiki TVs and two lead acid coach batteries from the factory. Not acceptable to the needs and too costly in aggravation. Yes, you can “use” those items but can you enjoy them?
The Axxera was the first to go on ours and replaced with a Pioneer without issues, one that doesn’t need updates or give flickering screens during critical times.
Truthfully, I never hear of anyone defending how great any of those items are. Only how they managed to get something to work.
When I use our coach, (29M) I plan for R&R, not stressful moments while driving or trying to figure things out in order to work right or enjoy.
Owning an RV isn’t going to be cheap. If you can enjoy the most you can during the years you have to use one, you will have achieved the reason you own it.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:36 PM   #62

Model: Freedom Elite
State: Florida
THOR #18888
I LOVE THIS LINE: "If you can enjoy the most you can during the years you have to use one, you will have achieved the reason you own it."
Old 06-24-2020, 08:09 PM   #63

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Well I’ll say this for the Axxera radio - it’s a whole bunch better than the $2,000 (option price) “premium” Xite radio that came in my newest coach. What a miserable, outdated, unintuitive item I’ve got!
Old 07-18-2020, 06:54 PM   #64

Model: hurricane 34J
State: California
THOR #19488
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazierm View Post
I had my coach batteries replaced, and since then my Axxera radio and back up camera will not power on. No blown fuses and use is on. I purchased a new radio thinking it was the Axxera, and it is wired up and in use but still no power to the new one either. The fuses have been checked and re-checked, I can't understand this. Any suggestions?

thanks

have you figured it out?

see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaceMan View Post
Well there is another fuse on my 2018 30.3 ACE. Its a in line fuse hanging by itself in the battery compartment marked 15amp. It is for the radio

i had the above problem, then after much looking around. i found this 15amp fuse blown, hidden in the back of the battery bay, yellow to red wire with the in line fuse in between. works great now.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:02 PM   #65

State: Indiana
THOR #20066
Axxera - AVM80

First time on this forum. I just purchased a 2020 Thor Motor Coach 28A class C. I am supposed to get 3 months free Sirius XM trial. I can't figure out how to find my radio ID. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:11 PM   #66

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick h View Post
First time on this forum. I just purchased a 2020 Thor Motor Coach 28A class C. I am supposed to get 3 months free Sirius XM trial. I can't figure out how to find my radio ID. Any help will be appreciated.
Normally on SIRIUSXM radios if you time to channel 0 the ID will be displayd
Old 08-19-2020, 11:40 PM   #67

Model: Chateau 28A
State: Maryland
THOR #18761
Contact Sirius and they will walk you through radio identification and get you hooked up
Old 08-20-2020, 07:10 PM   #68

Model: Chateau 26A
State: Texas
THOR #19116
How do you update the software on the Axxera?
Home of Marie, Bill, Penny(Corgi), Ollie (dachshund) and Black (dachshund/blacklab)
TXdittybop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 08:10 PM   #69

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXdittybop View Post
How do you update the software on the Axxera?
Go to the site and download the patch on a thumb drive. The USB port on the left side of the radio is for updates. Just follow the instructions on the Web or in the manual to update. In my coach, the USB port dandling from the hack of the radio is for playing tunes off the thumb drive. It does MP3 fine. By the way my Axxera AV614bh is still working fine. I did change out the four speakers for something better.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:43 PM   #70

Model: Chateau 28Z
State: Illinois
THOR #20269
Sirius Not free

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick h View Post
I contacted Sirius to start my 3-month free trial. Guess what? They wanted to charge me $15 to start my 'free' trial. We had Sirius in our SUV for many years. Got tired of all the channel changes and boring rotations. We just use Blue Tooth and Pandora from the phone now. YMMV
Old 09-02-2020, 07:48 PM   #71

Model: Chateau 28Z
State: Illinois
THOR #20269
I understand that this tread is several years old. Some earlier folks mentioned the radio going on mute when the turn signal cameras were activated. I have this happening in my 2020 Chateau 28Z. I assumed that this was normal (albeit annoying). Can anyone tell me if this should not be the case? I'm still under warranty :-)
Old 09-02-2020, 08:57 PM   #72

Model: Vegas 25.1
State: Mississippi
THOR #15327
As far as accessing the radio if the 25.2 is like my 2015 25.1 there is a tray directly above the radio with a rubber bottom. Remove the rubber and two screws and you have access to all the wiring.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:54 PM   #73

Brand: Still Looking
State: Massachusetts
THOR #22385
Going to dealer tomorrow Thor sent the part they said will fix camera issues. Axxera people said it’s something else . We’ll see .
Old 04-13-2021, 03:54 AM   #74

Model: 2019 Freedom Elite 30FE
State: New York
THOR #16600
Ok, time to toss my Axxera into the woods.

What should the replacement be? Need bluetooth calls and audio, rear camera, zone 1 and 2 speakers.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:27 PM   #75

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Tennessee
THOR #21061
I purchased a compatible Pioneer from Crutchfield, easy install and works great with the RV's camera controller and my iPhone best of all it was reasonably priced.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:35 PM   #76

Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
I replaced mine with a Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX. I think now they have the AVIC-8600NEX. It has navigation, Apple CarPlay, HD radio, supports all the cameras, etc.
I find that I don't use the built-in navigation. It has given me some strange routing a couple of times, so I just use Google Maps or Waze on my phone. I also don't use Apple CarPlay. So in the future I might choose a cheaper unit that doesn't have these features.
Old 04-22-2021, 01:50 AM   #77

Model: 2019 Freedom Elite 30FE
State: New York
THOR #16600
Thanks!
Old 09-05-2021, 04:05 PM   #78

State: Virginia
THOR #24747
Radio power problem

My 2018 Thor 22e four winds the axerra radio quit. I checked the 7.5amp fuses under the hood and the fuse in the #6 slot on the power panel and all are good the cabin battery switch is on. Can anyone tell me where the 2amp fuse is located so I can ck it?
Old 09-06-2021, 10:52 PM   #79

Model: hurricane 34J
State: California
THOR #19488
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRC photo View Post
My 2018 Thor 22e four winds the axerra radio quit. I checked the 7.5amp fuses under the hood and the fuse in the #6 slot on the power panel and all are good the cabin battery switch is on. Can anyone tell me where the 2amp fuse is located so I can ck it?

there is a fuse in the battery area on the passenger side of the rig. i had to get underneath that battery bank and look around the bottom of them to find it. maybe thats what ya need?
Old 09-06-2021, 11:20 PM   #80

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazierm View Post
I had my coach batteries replaced, and since then my Axxera radio and back up camera will not power on. No blown fuses and use is on. I purchased a new radio thinking it was the Axxera, and it is wired up and in use but still no power to the new one either. The fuses have been checked and re-checked, I can't understand this. Any suggestions?

thanks
3 months later... did you get your backup camera fixed? After I swapped my batteries, somehow I blew several fuses. One of them fixed the radio. But the backup camera was not a fuse.

There is a wiring harness/coupler in the rear ceiling/wall area where the wiring comes into the coach from the camera and 3rd brake light. Mine was repaired under warranty at the dealer. Evidently the connectors were not properly secured and wound up shorting out and melting the harness.

They made a point of saying it wasn't related in any way to the battery swap... which was music to me!!