Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-31-2021, 05:28 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 4 Winds
State: Nevada
THOR #24624
Back up Camera

I’m in the process of purchasing a 2021 Thor 24.DS 4 Winds class C. I took a drive today and the salesman knew even less about the coach then I would of preferred. We were able to use the back up camera when the coach was in reverse, no problem, but never could figure out how the keep it on observation while driving. My question is the camera only available when in reverse.or can it be set to stay on? It was closing time when we finished and no techs there to ask. Does anyone know the answer and how to set it Up? It’s on a Mercedes 3500 chassis thanks

Old 08-31-2021, 09:41 AM   #2
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
IF it has the ability, (not all do) some are only backup and not observation cameras. If it does, it should be an option on the screen. Make sure you get the manual for it BEFORE you leave the dealer.
Old 08-31-2021, 12:02 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
On my system(Fusion with Garmin GPS), I have an option to leave the back up camera on while driving. I usually leave it on when I am towing to keep an eye on my towed vehicle.
You need to check the manufacturer manual to see if that is an option available on your radio.

Paul
Old 08-31-2021, 01:35 PM   #4

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Most head units (in-dash radios) feature icons on the screen which resemble apps on a mobile device (phone). One of these icons will turn on the camera.

In the case of the Axxera brand unit, there is an icon in the upper left corner of the screen resembling a house in a circle (home button). Tap that icon... on the resulting screen you should find an icon titled "rear camera". Tapping this icon will toggle the rear camera on and off.

If the unit doesn't show any icons at all, it probably needs reset. Using the end of a paper clip, press the tiny button on the upper left corner of the top bezel beside the model number... mine reads "AVM80".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210831_135104659.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	33225   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210831_134955625.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	33226