Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-12-2022, 12:23 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32
State: Idaho
THOR #26774
Bad Paint Job

I purchased a new 2022 Omni XG32 a few months ago. Had some typical new coach issues but the big issue is the paint job. I can clearly see numerous places where the paint is so thin you can see the primer underneath as well as some orange peel spots. The paint manufacturer sent a rep out and he came to the same conclusion I did, nothing wrong with the paint, application is the issue. Now begins the battle with Thor to get the coach repainted. Wish me luck.

Old 05-12-2022, 01:33 AM   #2

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Why did you take delivery?

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 02:08 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Cosmetic issues are not warranty issues. You accepted the cosmetics of the unit at purchase why would the manufacturer care now, months later?
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 12:46 PM   #4

Model: challenger
State: Alabama
THOR #21263
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike9843 View Post
I purchased a new 2022 Omni XG32 a few months ago. Had some typical new coach issues but the big issue is the paint job. I can clearly see numerous places where the paint is so thin you can see the primer underneath as well as some orange peel spots. The paint manufacturer sent a rep out and he came to the same conclusion I did, nothing wrong with the paint, application is the issue. Now begins the battle with Thor to get the coach repainted. Wish me luck.
I for one do wish you luck
Old 05-12-2022, 12:52 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
More than likely the warranty states trans to and from repair is owner’s responsibility.

If it were me and Thor is willing to repair the cosmetic issue I would get the appointment and start planning the trip. Also get the list of all other issues together for the same trip.

Good luck.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:27 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Ducky is right: why did you take delivery of it?
A simple "No Thanks!" at that time; would have prevented all of this...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 01:19 AM   #7

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Good luck I don’t think they are going to do much. It’s much like fading paint. If it was so minor that you didn’t catch it during the walk through I can’t imagine it being so bad. Good luck though.
Old 05-14-2022, 12:53 PM   #8

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Very funny
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 06:57 PM   #9

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
THOR #22586
Seems to be some missing posts and comments

I get emails from the thor owner's forum periodically, weekly perhaps, with highlighted various threads of interest. Last one I got I was going through some of the threads and see one, this one, that I had commented. Haven't followed up on some things so looked to see what perhaps the OP thought about a post that was a reality check. Well low and behold, my comment was missing. I suppose the thor cheering squad had it deleted. Is this forum going start to look like IRV2 in only selected viewpoints are allowed? Curious minds want to know?
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 07:01 PM   #10
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
I get emails from the thor owner's forum periodically, weekly perhaps, with highlighted various threads of interest. Last one I got I was going through some of the threads and see one, this one, that I had commented. Haven't followed up on some things so looked to see what perhaps the OP thought about a post that was a reality check. Well low and behold, my comment was missing. I suppose the thor cheering squad had it deleted. Is this forum going start to look like IRV2 in only selected viewpoints are allowed? Curious minds want to know?
Posts that violate the community rules to include being off topic will be deleted.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:07 PM   #11

THOR #13932
Nah,
The same old thing
might have just got to be
The shame ol' thang.

There's no cheering squad here.
There's a
'Personal knowledge leads to personal responsibility and yet you didn't know, yet you should have known'
Undertone here.

How many times, maybe 100, do you think I've suggested rvchecklist?
If this forum wasn't found before purchase you lose most of your diligence points.

There isn't a single, not one, Polly Anna apologist on this forum.
But there are plenty here who assume the responsibility for what we did. Lowest possibly priced cardboard wall, pressed paper counter top, Dollar Store version of the rv we wanted.

It's a kit. You make it yours with the $3,500 tv and straight axle leaf spring front suspension you weren't initially charged for.

(You got the exceptional bad end of the rv stick. Your Thor product sucked. Some $1,000,000 builds suck equally. But Bad paint=self inflicted. It doesn't begin to equate to what yours was. Degrees of disgruntlement)

Old 05-18-2022, 07:39 PM   #12

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Posts that violate the community rules to include being off topic will be deleted.
When discussing bad paint it's a poor QA and QC issue from the factory. That and an OP that didn't do a very thorough personal inspection. Poor quality also includes the other things I included in my post that the OP should be aware of, some which won't be apparent unless he/she looks.

As far as off topic, just about every post made on this forum drifts off topic to some degree. But you're the mod so your choice.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 05-18-2022, 08:20 PM   #13

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
Quote:
The two forums are owned by the same company, so the rules are probably similar, or the same. IRV2 used to be my go to forum for it's broader base of RV ownership. But last year their skin got a lot thinner and I was put in lock out a couple of times. I figured they didn't want to hear the truth anymore so I don't go there much. This forum is still a bit more open to truthful comments even when they may be uncomfortable. Let's hope it doesn't change.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 08:21 PM   #14
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
I deleted your post as OFF TOPIC after it was reported by another forum member. Your post had NOTHING to do with the OP's paint issue and many of your posts lean toward violating this Community Rule:

"Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales."

The fact that you made the above post violates this community rule:

"Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material."

If this was your referenced forum you would already be on vacation.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 08:46 PM   #15

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
When discussing bad paint it's a poor QA and QC issue from the factory. That and an OP that didn't do a very thorough personal inspection. Poor quality also includes the other things I included in my post that the OP should be aware of, some which won't be apparent unless he/she looks.

As far as off topic, just about every post made on this forum drifts off topic to some degree. But you're the mod so your choice.
It been said before that in Thor Industries bushiness model only the dealer's wants and wishes are of Thor Industries concern. Thor Industries Does NOT build custom RV for individuals When Thompson bought Airstream he saw the need to fill the dealer's exceptions for quantity and price. Quality was up to the individual plants and not part of the dealers contracts. The dealer QCs the RV either when they pickup the RV at the factory storage yard or on delivery to the dealer's lot if delivered by a contract delivery firm. It is up to the dealer to satisfy the customer. Thor Industries does not use a car or truck dealer model (dealer program).

Thor Industries now had 21 manufacturing plants in 7 different states. Each factory Airstream, Jayco, Entegra, Tiffin, etc is it own entity. If you have a problem with plant 350's quality, don't just say Thor has a QC problem unless you have sampled at least one of each plants products.

MHSRV was happy to show me a copy of the Dealers Delivery Checklist of 210 items (the original was to returned to Plant 750 4 days after delivery). All items dealing with the water water system were red lined on the checklist with a note NOT Checked. There was a red tag on the kitchen sink faucet stating the coach was winterized and not to test the water heater. During the PDI with the salesman and PDI tech in the delivery barn, the tech called another tech to put water in tank and de-winterize the coach. Because of a January storm we spent 40 hours living in the coach before we left the delivery barn. We were unable to find a defect in the coach. The PDI tech went with us to the dump station just before we left, to make sure I knew how the system worked. The only item fixed under warranty was the water heater electrical relay Happy to report the coach is still working as designed and the partial paint looks brand new.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:00 PM   #16

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
I deleted your post as OFF TOPIC after it was reported by another forum member. Your post had NOTHING to do with the OP's paint issue and many of your posts lean toward violating this Community Rule:

"Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales."

The fact that you made the above post violates this community rule:

"Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material."

If this was your referenced forum you would already be on vacation.
Fair enough. I figured someone had thin skin and complained but sometimes the truth hurts a lot. That said I didn't repost the offending passages and won't.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 05-18-2022, 10:06 PM   #17

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
The two forums are owned by the same company, so the rules are probably similar, or the same. IRV2 used to be my go to forum for it's broader base of RV ownership. But last year their skin got a lot thinner and I was put in lock out a couple of times. I figured they didn't want to hear the truth anymore so I don't go there much. This forum is still a bit more open to truthful comments even when they may be uncomfortable. Let's hope it doesn't change.
I found the same thing "over there" and was also sent into my corner. I was growing weary of the snowflakes and pushed the envelope and got banned. Their loss as frankly so much erroneous stuff is put out and not challenged. At least here for the most part a person can still speak the truth and present the ugly.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 05-18-2022, 10:52 PM   #18

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
Component

Did you know Full Body Paint is listed under component warranty coverage

This is a 2018 warranty book but search paint and it shows in component warranty probably same for 2022.

http://rving.us/wp-content/uploads/2...01_0402318.pdf

I did click the links listed in the 2018 warranty guide for full body paint and none of them are active. I will try to find my 2022 warranty guide
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8D8D474B-DEE0-4CA2-BE2B-118B900D0328.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	37579  
williamprunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:04 PM   #19

Model: Omni XG32
State: Idaho
THOR #26774
Crappy dark weather when we looked at it an again when we took the delivery. First clear day we had the problem became apparent
Old 05-19-2022, 12:24 AM   #20

THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike9843 View Post
Crappy dark weather when we looked at it an again when we took the delivery. First clear day we had the problem became apparent
Thanks for the follow up.