Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-04-2021, 04:34 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
Posts: 499
THOR #19102
They make a hose cap that has a smaller garden hose opening that you could hook up and push the snake through.

__________________
Campnjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:20 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
Posts: 700
THOR #4656
Judyk I have the same model as you so I've been thinking of a solution. I'm wondering if it is a cutout left over from the manufacturing process or is it more likely a paper build up. You were using something like Scott Single Ply paper which quickly dissolves and put nothing else down there, right.

Can you use a flashlight to look up the long pipe running underneath from the tank to the final dump valve. Just to check for any obvious obstructions. Not finding any, we assume the clog is at the tank valve on the tank, the one by the rear of the passenger door. Ruling out a plumbers plunger at the toilet itself as the force created would not be sufficient due to the vent pipe on the tank and the air valve under the sink. However, that force using the plunger could be applied to the dump pipe at the normal dump valve. If you are successful, you'll have to be quick to close the dump valve.
__________________
Making a smooth transition to senility for over 70 years

2017 Freedom Elite 29fe
2015 Jeep Wrangler Toad
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:25 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
Posts: 8
THOR #22055
Thank you guys! We have a mobile rv service scheduled to come the 1st of the week 🤞
__________________
Judyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:39 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
macdaddy1111's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
Posts: 912
THOR #13505
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1


Time for proctology exam bore dookie camera!!

Can video your blockage for all us to see, ha!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blockage.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	28420  
__________________
Retired Squid who has a Retired Squid that drives him around in a RV!
macdaddy1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:43 PM   #25
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 22,195
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
Judyk I have the same model as you so I've been thinking of a solution. I'm wondering if it is a cutout left over from the manufacturing process or is it more likely a paper build up. You were using something like Scott Single Ply paper which quickly dissolves and put nothing else down there, right.

Can you use a flashlight to look up the long pipe running underneath from the tank to the final dump valve. Just to check for any obvious obstructions.
Not finding any, we assume the clog is at the tank valve on the tank, the one by the rear of the passenger door. Ruling out a plumbers plunger at the toilet itself as the force created would not be sufficient due to the vent pipe on the tank and the air valve under the sink. However, that force using the plunger could be applied to the dump pipe at the normal dump valve. If you are successful, you'll have to be quick to close the dump valve.
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1612460584
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Humor 30.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	28421  
__________________
"What: me worry?"
Good Sam Member 843599689
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:38 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
Posts: 4,884
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyk View Post
Thank you guys! We have a mobile rv service scheduled to come the 1st of the week 🤞


Give that guy a cookie. What a miserable task youíve hired him for!!
__________________
Pete'sMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 10:28 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Popfla's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
State: Florida
Posts: 684
THOR #14543
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Give that guy a cookie.
Ideally BEFORE he tackles the task at hand!
__________________
Ed
Some Other Brand w/2020 Jeep Gladiator Toad
Living The Dream in "God's Waiting Room"
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:52 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Brand: Cruiser
Model: Georgetown 30x3
State: Idaho
Posts: 223
THOR #17441
Once long ago we made the mistake of putting TP down an RV toilet. Couldn’t get the snake in from the toilet side. Took out in the woods for colonoscopy. It worked but was a stinking job.

Have used the Mexican approach to TP since. No problems in maybe 30 years.

Previous Class C had the ridiculous two valve deal. Messed that up...once. Had to wash tennis shoes in the lake. Have new RV (for other reasons) but will never get one with the two valves again.
__________________
IDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 08:13 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
State: Alabama
Posts: 3
THOR #8871
We had the same issue on our Freedom Elite 29fe

Until we discovered a second drain valve on the side of our motor home just behind the door . The dealer neglected to tell us about that one.
__________________
Granny Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 08:15 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
Posts: 700
THOR #4656
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDguy View Post
Once long ago we made the mistake of putting TP down an RV toilet.
Mistake? I've been putting TP down rv toilets since 1972 on several different rv's over time, without any issues. Blows my mind to hear people cling to the idea that you shouldn't put TP down the toilet and instead have a can full of paper to dispose.
__________________
Making a smooth transition to senility for over 70 years

2017 Freedom Elite 29fe
2015 Jeep Wrangler Toad
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 09:44 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
Posts: 2,324
THOR #6903
All our former RV's had the traditional foot operators to flush

With proper black management never an issue uith TP

Our master bath with the maceration toilet requires following the fill, flush and prefers lighter weight tissue

That black tank drains via 1.5 " line as well
__________________
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:45 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Homer3's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: California
Posts: 178
THOR #3559
We have had RVs since 1978, always used RV safe toilet paper with no problems. It's possible the previous owner flushed wipes and now it's clogging the system. We know someone who thought flushable wipes were ok in RV with disastrous results. NOTHING should be flushed in ANY toilet besides toilet paper.
__________________
Homer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:20 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Sprinter four winds
State: Georgia
Posts: 150
THOR #14780
Black tank

We Had a similar issue and discovered that the vent pipe on the roof was plugged with a bird nest and the tank would not drain. We went to the roof and used a water hose down the pipe to clear the clogged pipe.
As for toilet paper, 2004 to date we have never had TP problem. Always use plenty of water it only a holding tank.
__________________
Galobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:45 PM   #34
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 14,290
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
Mistake? I've been putting TP down rv toilets since 1972 on several different rv's over time, without any issues. Blows my mind to hear people cling to the idea that you shouldn't put TP down the toilet and instead have a can full of paper to dispose.
I agree.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad - Selling
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:57 PM   #35
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 22,195
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galobo View Post
We Had a similar issue and discovered that the vent pipe on the roof was plugged with a bird nest and the tank would not drain. We went to the roof and used a water hose down the pipe to clear the clogged pipe.
As for toilet paper, 2004 to date we have never had TP problem. Always use plenty of water it only a holding tank.
Good point!
__________________
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 12:23 AM   #36
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 37.4
State: Maryland
Posts: 2
THOR #20414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galobo View Post
We Had a similar issue and discovered that the vent pipe on the roof was plugged with a bird nest and the tank would not drain. We went to the roof and used a water hose down the pipe to clear the clogged pipe.
As for toilet paper, 2004 to date we have never had TP problem. Always use plenty of water it only a holding tank.
I was thinking save thing vent pipe. I had same problem with draining on the gray tank and it was the vent pipe not doing its job.
__________________
triplee1041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 01:40 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
Posts: 4,884
THOR #6826
Hope we hear back from the OP when itís fixed. Inquiring minds.....
__________________
Pete'sMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 12:13 PM   #38
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 22,195
THOR #8860
I agree...
__________________
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:45 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31y
State: South Carolina
Posts: 212
THOR #21394
Had same issue, or similar.
Heated up water on stove top and kept pouring down toilet.
Dump, repeat.
After a lot of boiling water, system unclogged.
No issues since.
__________________
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:02 PM   #40
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 22,195
THOR #8860
Glad to read that you figured out a solution...
__________________
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2