Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2022, 04:24 AM   #1
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
8 months to repair our slide

Finally got my slide repaired (8 months since the sheet metal buckled). Inspected and rejected the fix yesterday. The dealer called Jayco and they decided to install a locally sourced thicker metal transition between the floor and the sheet metal ramps. The slide is now smoother and quieter when extending and retracting than it was when the rig was new. This is not a Schwintek slide but rather a large drop down floor slide. Last July the sheet metal ramp came loose and became a mangled mess preventing the slide from extending.

Jayco and the dealer were notified that the deadline for repair was 5 PM today or we were submitting a UCC buyback action against the dealer. At 5:30 the DW submitted a complaint against the dealer’s warranty and sales practices with the state AG’s consumer protection office.

This and the side camera, also 8 months to repair, are the last of the factory warranty work. The warranty expired in October.

I took the rig from the RV dealer to the Freightliner dealer to have them determine the faults behind the MIL and ABS lights and have them do a PM service before the summer travel. When I get it back from Freightliner I’ll post a pic of the transition strip Jayco had the dealer install.

Old 03-26-2022, 07:06 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Finally got my slide repaired (8 months since the sheet metal buckled). Inspected and rejected the fix yesterday. The dealer called Jayco and they decided to install a locally sourced thicker metal transition between the floor and the sheet metal ramps. The slide is now smoother and quieter when extending and retracting than it was when the rig was new. This is not a Schwintek slide but rather a large drop down floor slide. Last July the sheet metal ramp came loose and became a mangled mess preventing the slide from extending.

Jayco and the dealer were notified that the deadline for repair was 5 PM today or we were submitting a UCC buyback action against the dealer. At 5:30 the DW submitted a complaint against the dealer’s warranty and sales practices with the state AG’s consumer protection office.

This and the side camera, also 8 months to repair, are the last of the factory warranty work. The warranty expired in October.

I took the rig from the RV dealer to the Freightliner dealer to have them determine the faults behind the MIL and ABS lights and have them do a PM service before the summer travel. When I get it back from Freightliner I’ll post a pic of the transition strip Jayco had the dealer install.

Excellent job where is the 1st trip?
Old 03-26-2022, 10:24 AM   #3

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Man Dave...... 8 months is just totally ridiculous. The problem is for major repairs we can't do ourselves we are at the mercy of dealers, etc.

Dealers and OEM's need to be held accountable.... that's a word few know anymore in today's day and age.

There should be financial consequences for anything over what is considered a reasonable repair time. I know there are supply chain issues so they should at least offer a loaner. But if a Dealer / OEM can't fix it timely or provide a loaner, then they should have to provide:

- Compensation for payments made
- Lost opportunity cost (couldn't use the coach during that time)

Until dealers and OEM's are held accountable, this will be an acceptable industry practice.
Old 03-26-2022, 12:57 PM   #4

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Another remedy might be to have dealer repair facilities certified to some standard. Being "certified" would indicate the dealer has the proper facility, tools, staffing etc. to handle repair and warranty work for - at MINIMUM - the number of units they sell at their dealership. Certification would also contain clear, concise language stating specific guidelines for delayed repairs.

If certified, it would become part of PLAIN VISIBLE language in the sales contract. Potential buyers at that dealership could then decide how important that facet of the purchase would be. Maybe that would give buyers some leverage - if anything the dealer would be put on notice of potential loss in sales.
Old 03-26-2022, 01:53 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Thanks but no thanks.

Appreciate the reminder Dave.
Old 03-26-2022, 02:00 PM   #6
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Man Dave...... 8 months is just totally ridiculous. The problem is for major repairs we can't do ourselves we are at the mercy of dealers, etc.

Dealers and OEM's need to be held accountable.... that's a word few know anymore in today's day and age.

There should be financial consequences for anything over what is considered a reasonable repair time. I know there are supply chain issues so they should at least offer a loaner. But if a Dealer / OEM can't fix it timely or provide a loaner, then they should have to provide:

- Compensation for payments made
- Lost opportunity cost (couldn't use the coach during that time)

Until dealers and OEM's are held accountable, this will be an acceptable industry practice.
This was not supply chain.

First, the dealer was notified via email on July 20 that we had a slide issue while we were in Wyoming. They refused to look at the slide until September 30 even though part of their sales program is priority service for camping essential items (in writing) which includes slides. This is the basis of our complaint to the AG.

Second, even after discussions between the dealer and Jayco/Entegra ( documented on the Service order emailed to me) the dealer failed to submit the authorization requests and parts requisitions to Jayco. Parts were not ordered until I requested the PO numbers on Dec 18 after I talked to Entegra. At that time only the sheet metal was requested. A cable for the side camera was not ordered until January 11. The dealer did not order a camera as recommended by Jayco (in October) until last week Friday.

Third, the dealer repeatedly tried having us pick up the RV while awaiting the camera but we refused because closing the invoice and opening a new one IMHO, would have terminated warranty repairs. The warranty expired on October 2.

Last, as evidenced by my slide repair rejection Thursday the dealer did not repair the slide to like new condition.

As to compensation we have another action against the dealer for considerable compensation based on their lack of transparency in corporate offices and personnel to which complaints can be filed against regional locations. And no, this is not Camping World.

Their corporate office has now been in contact with the DW ( big mistake on their part because she’s the one that is super fire breathing mad) so we’ll see what happens.
Old 03-26-2022, 04:09 PM   #7
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Excellent job where is the 1st trip?
First trip is to NC to see the Easter Jubilee at the Rudy Theater in Selma.

We then take off mid April for about 4 or 5 months to spend time with the grandkids in New Jersey then through PA and to an FMCA rally in TN in June. Not sure where Kathy has us going after that but I know we get back right before the Jeep goes into the body shop in September.
Old 03-26-2022, 07:08 PM   #8
Site Team

THOR #1469
This is the transition strip installed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	64DFEF4D-110A-43B7-9917-B3550B468F75.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	36632
Old 05-20-2022, 10:45 PM   #9
Site Team

THOR #1469
Update

The transition strip prevented the slide from fully retracting and had to be removed. The dealer had to, on their final 48 hour attempt, had to countersink the screws and verify the rollers and roller hardware. The slide has worked fine the last three times and our legal team is expecting our inconvenience offers from the manufacturer and dealer the beginning of the week. It pays to keep copious records of all communication with the manufacturer and dealer.
Old 05-21-2022, 03:14 AM   #10

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Did you run that slide in and out 20 to 30 times after the final repair before taking it off of their lot?
What is the warranty on their repair?

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 03:43 AM   #11
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Did you run that slide in and out 20 to 30 times after the final repair before taking it off of their lot?
What is the warranty on their repair?
Yes, the slide was well exercised and the dealer has had a mobile crew on standby 24/7 since the pickup. The mobile standby crew ends at 10:00 am Sunday. Along with other compensation, we are requesting a nine month extension to the coach warranty as part of the inconvenience settlement with Jayco and one year from the dealer (nine months inconvenience and 3 months for dealer labor on the repair).
Old 05-21-2022, 04:32 AM   #12

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Perfectly thought through.
Thanks.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 05:13 AM   #13

State: Washington
THOR #6433
That sucks that you had to go through all that but glad to see that you are finally getting to the end.