Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2016, 01:55 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Illinois
THOR #2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Read the whole thread above, especially #17. You should be able to disconnect the motors and push the bunk up and secure it with the pins. It may not be easy and you will need some help, but it is doable as long as it is not completely jammed.
Just a little background on us and our coach. We bought a new 2015 Thor Challenger 37TB last July and by September it had been at the dealer 2 times for the overhead bunk under warranty. Once, the safety pin on the passenger side was spit out (from road bumps) and the bunk jammed 1/2 way down. The second jammed in almost the same manner while operating it.

After the second trip to the dealer, they claimed to have talked to Thor and replaced both motors with heavy duty motors. I am not sure that is the case at all because I have read here about the company using some cheap motors at some point. I have not even tried (and not about to) the bunk since I got it back in January 2016 and yes it took that long.

Anyway, we are leaving with a large group of kids and grandkids on June 2 for Disney World, FL. The overhead bunk will be used on this trip in FL.

My question is, if the bunk fails in the down position do I need to disconnect the motors before attempting to push it back up? I will have 3 strong kids and grandkids in our group.

Also, this disconnect would be done in the panel over the drivers head? I have followed this and several posts on the subject on this site and it would make sense that the motors would need to be disconnected for this.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:24 AM   #42

Model: Axis 24.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #3743
Were you able to fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
Hi, my drop down bunk on my Axis has become uneven on the passenger side, does anyone know how to adjust it? I was thinking if I disconnect the motor on the drivers side and then operated the lift switch it should in theory lift the passenger side of the bunk, when level just reconnect the other motor, or does anyone else have an easier way or will that work, its only uneven by say 2 inches.
My 2015 Axis 24.2 has the same problem. Were you able to fix yours ?
Old 07-26-2017, 12:35 AM   #43

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Mine did this - bring it all the way down and hold the button till it levels up in the down position - then bring up again! be sure to set the locks as it will drop again while driving
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote