Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2015, 12:50 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #896
I have Harris batteries in my 2014 Chateau. They wouldn't charge and were still under warrenty. Returned to dealer. They called Harris, Harris denied warrenty because they have an ongoing problem with Thors invertor/convertor reliabilty to charge the batteries. So Harris no longer sells to Thor. My Chateau came off asseblemly line June of 2014 so it has some of the last of Harris batteries in it. I had to buy new batteries. Thor still won't pay for replacing batteries.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:54 AM   #22

State: Colorado
THOR #2995
Fridge / inverter on batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnhill View Post
OP here. I removed the two 12 volt house batteries and had installed four 6 volt golf cart batteries in one of the storage bays. I ran the refrigerator for 12 hours and there the volt meter still showed 12.4 volts. I think this is going to work for my dry camping issues.
I am about to install a 3 rd 12 volt, group 27. Do you think that would help my fridge make it thru the night?
Old 12-11-2015, 04:58 AM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
State: Hawaii
THOR #3304
Old 12-11-2015, 11:03 AM   #24

Model: 2014 Four Winds 22e
State: Illinois
THOR #1715
12v flooded Group 27's are roughly 80-85 a/hr, 3 would give you roughly 240 a/hrs of capacity or 120 a/hrs if using the 50% discharge math. If using LED's & minimal tv, I don't see why it wouldn't last 1 night.....
Old 12-12-2015, 05:49 AM   #25

State: Colorado
THOR #2995
I have 2 group 27s from Interstate and they only last 4 hours. And nothing is drawing down the system- The battery voltage is down to 11 volts, the inverters will auto shutdown at 10.5 volts
Old 12-12-2015, 01:35 PM   #26

Model: 2014 Four Winds 22e
THOR #1715
Pull the batteries, charge them up & take to a parts store to have "Load Tested". Make sure the cells are topped off with distilled water as well.

We have two group 27's in our 14' Thor class-C, they'll last a 3day weekend in the summer with fridge & water heater on gas. They'll only last an 8-10hr night when colder and furnace is used.
With just the basics on like smoke & propane detector, fridge computer, TV or radio & a light or two you'll be in the 9-13 a/hr range. On only 1 battery you'll only have.....
Group 24 = 6ish hours
Group 27 = 8ish hours
Group 29/31 = 9-10 hrs

Multiple that by the number of batteries you have. This assumes batteries are at a full state of charge, rarely are, especially with many OEM installed charger/converters. Add in extra devices like phones, laptops, more lights & water pump usage and it doesn't take long to see standard 12v's don't last long.....
Old 03-10-2016, 12:23 AM   #27

THOR #3773
I had the same problems with my coach, getting an error code and came to find out the the breaker switch inside the coach was tripped. It seemed to fix the problem. Just in case someone else has the problem on a new coach like mine, might want to check it.