Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2021, 02:01 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: FourWinds SK 35
State: Virginia
THOR #4706
Check engine light

The other day on 95 of course traffic to a crawl my check engine light came on. It did not blink so I was able to drive it home without any loss of power but after checking it turns out it was the map sensorAnd the knocks sensor bank one sensor one has anybody else had this problem at 7000 miles I have a feeling itís just not cleaning the exhaust system as well as it should

Old 06-02-2021, 02:29 PM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I've got 11,000 miles on my 2020 Magnitude 6.7L PowerStroke and have not had that happen.

Is it a KNOCK Sensor or NOX Sensor error?

If it was emissions related, I would think you would have an NOX / Oxygen sensor error since they are in the exhaust manifolds vs. Knock Sensor measuring detonation.

The MAP Sensor is for intake manifold pressure and would probably not be related to a REGEN issue.

What were temps like? Were you towing? Were you pulling a steep incline? Where you idling for long periods of time (guessing you were if it was bumper to bumper traffic).

I have a 2018 GMC Canyon with the 2.8L Duramax and it was kicking out a NOX Position 1 Sensor error. I would clear it when the CEL lit and it would be good for a couple thousand miles. Eventually it would throw the CEL sooner and it impacted the REGEN's and DEF consumption. The NOX Sensor was a common problem with the baby Duramax and they revised the sensor a couple times. I ended up replacing it myself or $115 vs paying $500 for the dealer to do it. Since then I have not had any more issues with it.
Old 06-02-2021, 05:24 PM   #3

THOR #4706
Nox denser darn spellcheck
Old 06-02-2021, 05:25 PM   #4

THOR #4706
All temperatures normal drove like always did great
Old 06-02-2021, 05:26 PM   #5

THOR #4706
I spoke to a Ford diesel mechanic and he said that those sensors were problematic and that just replace the knocks sensor and everything should go back to normal the map sensor I had already replaced
Old 06-02-2021, 11:24 PM   #6

THOR #4706
Judge can you manually start regen or does it come up on dash. I have never seen anything come up on dashboard just curious