Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2022, 10:20 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #26585
2021 Coleman Thor 22eqf radio blues

What is the workaround for this absolutely crappy radio that is NOT user friendly?
Just got our first motorhome a year ago, and everything except the folding blinds and radio is good. The radio reception is blocked by the overhead bunk compartment and one would "think" that a genius at Thor would have figured out a better place for an antenna. The radio itself is difficult to use at best! So.... I vented. How hard is it to replace this radio and toss it? I think a user friendly Kenwood or anything would be easier. What about antenna placement? Who has changed it and what did you do? In advance, I'm old school retired military and by choice NOT hitech friendly! A normal functioning radio would be great, I can use a flat screen Kenwood Android friendly that displays WAZE or GoogleMaps but this radio apparently requires a subscription to use map features? Park it!
Any help, recommendations or suggestions deeply appreciated and if anyone wants my radio Molon Labe before I toss it in the ocean! I would feel guilty accepting one cent for this POS radio!

Old 04-21-2022, 02:10 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Just replace it. You can get a nice mid level, name brand radio from Crutchfield for less that $125 on their open box page. Replacement is super easy because access is great. It’s SO worth it. When I did mine I bought the same model I had in my Jeep so I didn’t have to try to remember two different operating procedures.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:21 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Thor didn’t place the antenna, that’s a Ford installation.

Many thousands of Class C motorhomes with the same antenna placement with no issues.

Replace the radio or have it checked under warranty.