Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2021, 08:30 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
2022 Thor Magnitude BT36

Apparently Thor is shipping a new 2022 Magnitude that is not on the website yet. It is the Magnitude BT36 and it is on the F600 chassis.

I found a floor plan and it is basically the same as the BH35 (bath-and-a-half model) but it now has the 4x4 option since the F600 chassis can support a higher GVWR.

Given the pictures I found online and the floorplan, they have not redesigned the front cap to be smaller or got away from the full wall slide.

They must be proud of it too..... I saw it listed for over $250K on one dealer's site. As much as I love my SV34, I would be purchasing a Dynamax Force HD 34 before I paid that much for a Thor Super C.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 4.29.02 PM.png
Views:	393
Size:	400.4 KB
ID:	29577   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 4.24.45 PM.png
Views:	150
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	29578  

Old 04-03-2021, 11:14 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Accolade 37L
State: Arkansas
THOR #13243
That's MSRP though. He's a more realistic asking price from MHSRV in Texas.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210403-191336_Chrome.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	29584
Old 04-03-2021, 11:29 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyFluffer View Post
That's MSRP though. He's a more realistic asking price from MHSRV in Texas.Attachment 29584
Too much for a Class 6 Super C. 4x4, IMHO, does not justify 10 or 20K more than a Class 7 Super C.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:38 PM   #4

Model: Omni XG32
State: California
THOR #22744
I wonder if they will do the rest of the lineup on the F600? I sure wouldn’t have minded the extra GVWR. Probably wouldn’t have cried over a smaller front cap either just because of the way it bounces around. I can see it being a problem in the future.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:52 PM   #5

THOR #12751
2022 Thor Magnitude BT36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyFluffer View Post
That's MSRP though. He's a more realistic asking price from MHSRV in Texas.Attachment 29584

I doubt the MSRP for this one is over $250K. I assumed the draler I saw was price gouging.... but even if $250K is MSRP, they are nuts.

MHSRV has the Dynamax for $229K. I’d buy that before paying over $190K for any Thor Super C.
Old 04-04-2021, 04:32 AM   #6

Model: Accolade 37L
State: Arkansas
THOR #13243
Oh, I agree, I'm just pointing out that they aren't getting $250k for a Thor Magnitude/ Omni. Though a bunkhouse RB34 on the F600 would be something I'd consider. The CCC on the F550 is too marginal.

Still leaning to the Seneca/Accolade 37L myself, if I can still get it under $210k when I go to order this summer.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:22 AM   #7

THOR #12751
Personally, I'm just not sold on a bath-and-a-half Super C. But they keep making them so there must be demand.

The shower is smaller and you have the additional weight and hassel of a second black tank. Even with a family.... everyone has to parade through the master bedroom to take a shower.

Then there is no outdoor kitchen because they dump the Tilt-a-View bed in favor of a slide, which is another failure point and expense.

For the added weight and extra 16" of length over the SV34, give me more useable space.

They could also easily split the full wall slide into two slides.... one for the living area and one fo the bedroom. This way you can have the outdoor kitchen and loose the slide on the passenger side.

I wish Thor would let me redesign their Super C. Here is what I would do (in case Thor is listening)....

- I would make the length ~36 feet.

- I'd redesign the front cap and cab-over bunk to be a small storage and entertainment center. The cap would not extend past the windshield. The current front cap is a failure point that has existed in all the Thor Super C's going back to the Chateau. I would think Thor would be happy to lose this headache.

- I'd split the full wall slide into two slides on the drivers side. One slide for the living area and one slide for the bedroom. The extra foot of overall length over the SV34 would give you a foot separation between the two slides. A full wall slide hurts the structural integrity of the drivers side and is just too large and heavy to be a mechanical slide (a hydraulic slide mechanism would just add too much expense).

- I would put the dinnette (aft) and theater seats (forward) on the living area slide. I think the old Chateau Super C used to be this way so why they changed, I don't know.

- I would then put the kitchen along with the bathroom on the passenger side so the plumbing and major electrical are not located on any slide.

- I'd keep the outdoor kitchen where it is currently located using the Tilt-a-View Bed.

- I would have two Coleman-Mach 8 15,000 BTU A/C w/ Heatpump and optional electric heating strips.

- I would dump the propane (so induction cooktop only) and use the propane tank area for additional storage. The DW prefer's propane for cooking.... but sorry DW.... this is my design and in the end you will like the trade-off.

- I would redesign the wet bay so that the fresh water filter and winterization port were located there and easily accessible and not located under the bed.

- I would plumb the drain for the fresh water tank so it exited under the outdoor kitchen with the drain valve under the coach in that area and not under the bed (that is where I moved my drain).

- I would put the bedroom TV on the Inverter Circuit (like the other two TV's). Many people watch TV in bed. My old Outlaw 29H had all three TV's on the Inverter circuit.

- I would install electric heat tape around all plumbing that is exposed to cold temps so the plumbing could be heated when the tanks are heated. The tankless already has cold temp ptotection so you could truly have a 4-season RV (except for extreme cold temps.... I mean it's still an RV and not a house).

- With the extra foot of length I would increase the size of the bathroom slightly and make the shower 36" x 36".

- I've not really had any issues with the Girard Tankless water heater but I know others have so I would replace it with the Truma Aqua Go Tankless unit.

My changes would add some cost... but not as much as you might think because of some of the trade-off's and some of it is just design changes.

The heatpumps add about $400 each but you loose the propane tank and propane plumbing. Also taking the plumbing and some electrical out of the slide makes things easier to manufacturer, uses fewer parts and will be less prone to leaks.

Splitting the full wall slide into two slides adds some cost as well with the additional motors, tracks, rollers, etc. But it reduces the weight and strain a full wall slide creates. It also allows for a vetical beam stud to be added between the two slides for better structural support on the drivers side. I'd bet there would also be fewer slide problems and failures with less weight and strain the full wall slide creates.

The Truma Tankless would add about $1500 over the Girard so that might be the most costly change.

If the above redesign added $10K - $15K to the cost of what I paid for my SV34, I would not have a problem and would be all over it. You would have a much better and more usable design. You would also likely have fewer problems with the smaller front cap, lighter load split across the two slides and no plumbing on the slide wall.
Old 04-04-2021, 12:19 PM   #8

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
But other than that it’s a great coach! Lol
Old 04-04-2021, 12:32 PM   #9

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
But other than that it’s a great coach! Lol
I'm sure all of us know our coaches have some shortcomings and design issues and we could think of at least a half dozen things we would do differently. I'm not sure how much the people who design these things use them on a regular basis... my guess is they have minimal real world experience in the coaches they design.

That being said, the SV34's current floor plan meets our needs and you can't beat the bang-for-the-buck from Thor..... but that doesn't mean they can't be improved. I would think they would value some feedback from owners who use them often.
Old 04-04-2021, 08:47 PM   #10

Model: Magnitude XG32
THOR #18758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
...I wish Thor would let me redesign their Super C. Here is what I would do (in case Thor is listening)...
Call it the JDG36! I'm ready to trade in-but only if you change that battery compartment and lose a few thousand feet of extra wire loom.
Old 04-04-2021, 09:39 PM   #11

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmthrust View Post
Call it the JDG36! I'm ready to trade in-but only if you change that battery compartment and lose a few thousand feet of extra wire loom.

We think alike!

I thought about a battery tray where the propane tank was located but I was torn on extra storage space.

Tell you what..... I’ll change the design to move the batteries to a tray where the propane tank was located. I do like that idea the more I think about it!

[emoji106]
Old 04-04-2021, 10:14 PM   #12
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
We think alike!

I thought about a battery tray where the propane tank was located but I was torn on extra storage space.

Tell you what..... I’ll change the design to move the batteries to a tray where the propane tank was located. I do like that idea the more I think about it!

[emoji106]
You need a tray like the Seneca and Accolades. One slide out tray with 4 6 volt AGM house batteries (series - parallel) and 2 12 volt AGM chassis batteries (parallel). All 6 batteries in one sliding tray right behind the driver’s door.
Old 04-05-2021, 02:30 PM   #13

State: Missouri
THOR #21940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo Boy View Post
I wonder if they will do the rest of the lineup on the F600? I sure wouldn’t have minded the extra GVWR. Probably wouldn’t have cried over a smaller front cap either just because of the way it bounces around. I can see it being a problem in the future.
I don't think Thor has any plans to switch entirely over to the F600 chassis for the time being. Right now the F600 is only being used for the BT36 floorplan. Who knows, in the future things may change.

From what I've been told, there will be a 3% price increase on 2022 Thor Omni/Magnitudes, plus the chassis price went up about $1000.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2022 OH Model Change (OM) 01-06-2021.pdf (1.19 MB, 331 views)
Old 04-05-2021, 03:10 PM   #14
Site Team

THOR #1469
That indicates, to me, that Thor needed the added GVWR for the increased weight of the new floor plan and that it will not result in much of an increase in OCCC. This is what Thor did with the F53 and the Challenger. They went with the lowest chassis GVWR that could handle the house and a little OCCC.

Is the wheelbase on the F600 greater or is the wheelbase the same with more backend overhang?

And still, no air suspension and no air brakes.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 03:30 PM   #15

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
That indicates, to me, that Thor needed the added GVWR for the increased weight of the new floor plan and that it will not result in much of an increase in OCCC. This is what Thor did with the F53 and the Challenger. They went with the lowest chassis GVWR that could handle the house and a little OCCC.

Is the wheelbase on the F600 greater or is the wheelbase the same with more backend overhang?

And still, no air suspension and no air brakes.
The BT36 is an identical floorplan and length to the BH35. The BH35 did not have the 4x4 option because that model was up against the weight limit of the chassis. Apparently the 4x4 option has been popular enough that they created the BT36 on the F600 so they could offer 4x4.... and really nothing else compared to the BH35.

The Thor Super C is more of an Entry Level Super C so they won't offer a chassis with the air suspension and air brakes. They are competing with the Dynamax Isata 5 and Nexus Wraith where the street price is under $200K.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:55 PM   #16
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
The BT36 is an identical floorplan and length to the BH35. The BH35 did not have the 4x4 option because that model was up against the weight limit of the chassis. Apparently the 4x4 option has been popular enough that they created the BT36 on the F600 so they could offer 4x4.... and really nothing else compared to the BH35.

The Thor Super C is more of an Entry Level Super C so they won't offer a chassis with the air suspension and air brakes. They are competing with the Dynamax Isata 5 and Nexus Wraith where the street price is under $200K.

Everywhere I look the specs for the BT36 show a F550 chassis. The new specs have not yet been published so there is no indication of length etc...

Even though the flooplan is the same (design wise) doesn't mean the dimensions are the same. All adds I see for the BT36 show a floorpan labeled BH35 and they are incorrect if the BT36 is going to include washer and dryer prep because this is not shown on the floorpans.

My bet is when the specs and floorpan actually get released they will not be identical to the BH35 and the the BT36 may will be a foot or two longer and a bit heavier than the BH35. Also of note is the model is BT36 and not BT35 which tells me there is an increase in length of at least one foot.

Until such time as the actual specs for the BT36 are released no-one knows for sure.
FMCA - F432054
Old 04-05-2021, 05:10 PM   #17

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Everywhere I look the specs for the BT36 show a F550 chassis. The new specs have not yet been published so there is no indication of length etc...

Even though the flooplan is the same (design wise) doesn't mean the dimensions are the same. All adds I see for the BT36 show a floorpan labeled BH35 and they are incorrect if the BT36 is going to include washer and dryer prep because this is not shown on the floorpans.

My bet is when the specs and floorpan actually get released they will not be identical to the BH35 and the the BT36 may will be a foot or two longer and a bit heavier than the BH35. Also of note is the model is BT36 and not BT35 which tells me there is an increase in length of at least one foot.

Until such time as the actual specs for the BT36 are released no-one knows for sure.

The picture of the F600 I posted was from a dealer who has the BT36 in stock and wasn't PhotoShopped.

There also has been Thor documentation released stating the BT36 is on the F600. In an earlier post from rlbuzz, he posted the document (see attached).

I have become somewhat of a semi-expert on the Magnitude / Omni, I would bet you my next payment that the physical dimensions are 99% identical to the BH35 (which was my primary point).

A Thor rep in Wakarusa told me last year when I was there the BH35 couldn't offer the 4x4 option because the F-550 was at it's weight limit. The Thor 4x4 Super C is somewhat of a niche market and becoming popular. Almost everyone I have met with an Omni / Magnitude that can offer the 4x4 option (the SV34, XG32 and RB34) has 4x4 in their coach.

The RB34 was added last year and offered washer / dryer prep plus 4x4 option and it was essentially a replacement for the short-lived BB35 (which did not offer 4x4 but was about an identical floorplan as well).

Yes, the BT36 will have the washer / dryer prep added as well but it is essentiall the same floorplan as the BH35. So there may be a few minor differences between the BT36 and the BH35 but they are essentially the same coach with almost identical floorplan and ~37' length but with the added 4x4 option courtesy of the F600. I will bet the BH35 is no longer being made and will be listed as "Dealer Stock Only" when Thor adds the BT36 to their website.

The bottom line is.... now every Thor Super C model (XG32, SV34, RB34 and BT36) offers 4x4, which was not the case before. All non-4x4 models will be elmininated from the line up as soon as existing stock is used up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 1.02.23 PM.png
Views:	101
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	29609  
Old 04-06-2021, 12:20 AM   #18

THOR #21940
Brown's RV Superstore has a new 2022 Thor Magnitude BT36 in stock and have posted several pictures.

https://www.brownsrvsuperstore.com/p...t36-1428366-95
Old 04-06-2021, 12:56 AM   #19
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlbuzz View Post
Brown's RV Superstore has a new 2022 Thor Magnitude BT36 in stock and have posted several pictures.

https://www.brownsrvsuperstore.com/p...t36-1428366-95
So what is this about the 22 and 24 foot Magnitude rentals? IS Thor dumbing down the Magnitude name by using it on a E350 Ford or 3500 Chevy? The brochure even says these are Super Cs.

Still no specs for the BT36 and the BT36 isn't even listed in the features section. In fact, the features say F550 even though they show a F600 and they list a 10K hitch.
FMCA - F432054
Old 04-06-2021, 01:35 AM   #20

THOR #21940
It's obvious that some of the information listed doesn't apply to the Magnitude, but the pictures of the unit do show the F600 fender badges and the new for 2022 Magnitude paint scheme, as well as the new washer/dryer location. It's hard to see in the pictures of the cab, but if you look closely you can just barely make out the new gray cab color.

So while their website does need some work, at least it shows the first pictures of a 2022 Magnitude, exterior and interior.