Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2022, 03:27 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arkansas
THOR #26157
Dewinterize

I have a 2021 Thor Four winds. I’m trying to dewinterize and was told the valve is under the bed. Took mattress off, took covers off and found a lot of wiring and the fresh water tank. There’s a blue line with silver valve and there’s a white pvc pipe with blue handle. Can someone tell me what to do to dewinterize!

Old 03-05-2022, 01:02 PM   #2

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerkins View Post
I have a 2021 Thor Four winds. I’m trying to dewinterize and was told the valve is under the bed. Took mattress off, took covers off and found a lot of wiring and the fresh water tank. There’s a blue line with silver valve and there’s a white pvc pipe with blue handle. Can someone tell me what to do to dewinterize!
Do not take this as criticism. Since it appears you have little real knowledge of your RV I'd suggest you take it to an independent RV service facility, or back to the dealer, and have them dewinterize the RV for you AND show and instruct you on what they did. Take pictures and notes when they do.

I suggest that because there will be several potential valves that have to be changed, possible antifreeze that will need to be flushed, tanks drained, etc. You may luck out and find a reply that tells you the correct answer, but the way you worded your question says to me you need outside physical help with this. Everyone starts someplace and usually the selling dealer does a poor job helping a new to RV owner.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 02:18 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
While I generally agree with Chunker21 above, and the dealer should have walked you through it during the PDI, getting an appointment at an RV shop may take months. So, here is how to do it:

The silver valve is a three way type and is used to switch the suction of the fresh water pump over to the antifreeze inlet fitting. All you need to do is return it to taking suction from the fresh water tank by turning it 1/4 turn. See the attached pic. The red arrow points to the valve and the yellow arrow points to the antifreeze fitting.Click image for larger version

Name:	Three way valve for Axis.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	36355

The blue valve on the white pvc pipe is to drain the fresh water tank. Turn its handle 1/4 turn so that it is cross wise to the pipe.

You may also have hot and cold water line drain valves. See where the blue and red tubing goes as it leaves the fresh water pump or the water heater. If you see a silver valve then turn that one so its handle is in line with the tubing. The other position drains out the bottom.

Find the hot water heater. On my Axis it is behind the furnace return air grill. Turn the bypass valves so the handle is in line with the inlet and outlet to the hot water heater. Do this even if you have a tankless heater which doesn't require bypass, but Thor adds them anyway.

Now that all of this is done, fill the water tank and start the fresh water pump and open each fixture- hot and cold for a few seconds until you see clear water flow.

This explanation took longer to write than to do it
Old 03-05-2022, 05:15 PM   #4

State: Arkansas
THOR #26157
Thank you both for your replies. I am a female and a motorhome is new to me because I’ve had fifth wheel and a bumper pull. They were kept in climate controlled storage so I didn’t winterize. The dealer did not go through this with me and after several phone calls to them they are going to dewinterize it for me.
Old 03-05-2022, 05:20 PM   #5

State: Washington
THOR #6433
YouTube is a great resource as well. You should be able to find a video walking you through it.