Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2019, 09:54 PM   #81
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Judge

Congrats.

We walked away today. After being told repeatedly everything was on track the Accolade was not ready for delivery.

• Mobile Eye did not work. They claim it has to be programmed.
  • Winegard Connect 2 was not installed
  • Straps for securing the sliding doors broke during the PDI
  • Bed lift for master bedroom bed was broken
  • Coach was not cleaned around the slides even though they said the environmental coating was applied. Apparently they apply it with the slides closed so the painted surface under the slide seals is not coated.
  • Fresh water tank drain valve was so close to the compartment wall it could not be opened or closed
  • Paint chips all along the sidewall of the coach, especially in the area of the sidewall trim piece.
  • The biggest issue of all is, IMO, a dent along the side wall. General believes it is because the screws for mounting a trim piece have been over tightened and are pulling the side wall in. The Sales Manager says he does not know if Jayco will pay for the repair under warranty. My response was until Jayco decides there is no deal and we walked. My second comment to them was if the screws were over tightened it is only a matter of time before they break off and we have a bigger issue.

The PDI itself was good. The staff member was knowledgeable and it took us about 3 hours. As a note, the PDI took some extra time because so many other customers were wanting to see the Accolade. One couple even climbed in the drivers door while we were checking out the outside rear area.

Judge, as a note, the sales manager told us that General does not detail coaches prior to delivery. The are basically cleaned using soap and water. No wax is applied because they do not want anyone burning paint with the improper use of buffers.

We'll see what happens when they call us on Monday with their proposed solution to the issues.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:05 PM   #82
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Sorry to hear that you had to walk away...
But it sure sounds as if it was the wisest thing to do...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:55 PM   #83

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Judge

Congrats.

We walked away today. After being told repeatedly everything was on track the Accolade was not ready for delivery.

• Mobile Eye did not work. They claim it has to be programmed.
  • Winegard Connect 2 was not installed
  • Straps for securing the sliding doors broke during the PDI
  • Bed lift for master bedroom bed was broken
  • Coach was not cleaned around the slides even though they said the environmental coating was applied. Apparently they apply it with the slides closed so the painted surface under the slide seals is not coated.
  • Fresh water tank drain valve was so close to the compartment wall it could not be opened or closed
  • Paint chips all along the sidewall of the coach, especially in the area of the sidewall trim piece.
  • The biggest issue of all is, IMO, a dent along the side wall. General believes it is because the screws for mounting a trim piece have been over tightened and are pulling the side wall in. The Sales Manager says he does not know if Jayco will pay for the repair under warranty. My response was until Jayco decides there is no deal and we walked. My second comment to them was if the screws were over tightened it is only a matter of time before they break off and we have a bigger issue.

The PDI itself was good. The staff member was knowledgeable and it took us about 3 hours. As a note, the PDI took some extra time because so many other customers were wanting to see the Accolade. One couple even climbed in the drivers door while we were checking out the outside rear area.

Judge, as a note, the sales manager told us that General does not detail coaches prior to delivery. The are basically cleaned using soap and water. No wax is applied because they do not want anyone burning paint with the improper use of buffers.

We'll see what happens when they call us on Monday with their proposed solution to the issues.

Sorry you walked the deal. Sometimes you have to walk. Donít powd a square peg in a round whole
Old 09-28-2019, 11:10 PM   #84

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I'm sorry to hear what should have been a happy and exciting day was very disappointing. It is tough to hold the line when you have your heart and mind made up on it. You did the right thing if it was not the way you expected it to be.

We have been on a roller coaster ride too but it ended up being worth it to have today to test drive and go over the coach before the PDI.

I am glad it worked out the way it did so I got a chance to drive it and confirm the F-550 chassis is the real deal.

We found mostly minor issues for them to start working on. The biggest issue that I could find is that I could see some light coming in between the entry door and the bottom right corner of the wall / step area. My guess is they will fill that cap with Dicor or some other sealant or a seal is out of line.

General RV did tell me about their Paint and Fabric Proection ($2K) and Tyron Wheel Band that keeps the tire on the rim in a blow-out ($2K). I need to look at that stuff to see if it is worth it.

We'll see how the PDI goes but so far I am liking what I see from the Magnitude.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:36 PM   #85
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Dealer called last night. Wanna see what their new offer is this evening. They know we are PO'd. Since the dealer was on the email from my insurance agent when I added the new coach to the policy I made sure they were included on the email cancelling the change and the insurance agent's acknowledgement.

They are supposed to call this evening or tomorrow morning with their thought on a resolution.

We discussed various options such as total refund of all deposits and cancelling the contract, having another unit delivered from another location, ordering a new unit from the factory, discounted price on this one with expense paid trip to factory service for repair. In a way I am leaning towards the latter but we'll see what they have to say.

I did tell them that the check I have made out to them goes back into my bank account Thursday and that will be the end if it happens.

We'll see.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:02 PM   #86

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I'm sorry to hear what should have been a happy and exciting day was very disappointing. It is tough to hold the line when you have your heart and mind made up on it. You did the right thing if it was not the way you expected it to be.

We have been on a roller coaster ride too but it ended up being worth it to have today to test drive and go over the coach before the PDI.

I am glad it worked out the way it did so I got a chance to drive it and confirm the F-550 chassis is the real deal.

We found mostly minor issues for them to start working on. The biggest issue that I could find is that I could see some light coming in between the entry door and the bottom right corner of the wall / step area. My guess is they will fill that cap with Dicor or some other sealant or a seal is out of line.

General RV did tell me about their Paint and Fabric Proection ($2K) and Tyron Wheel Band that keeps the tire on the rim in a blow-out ($2K). I need to look at that stuff to see if it is worth it.

We'll see how the PDI goes but so far I am liking what I see from the Magnitude.

Two years into it and my paint hasn't fallen off yet. That fabric and paint protection process is a joke. If the factory can't paint if well enough that dealers need to charge $2K+ to make it work...they should grade Wakarusa and put in an airport. Same for the "balance beads" or ringy thingy...it's nothing but profit for them. My vote...don't spring for it...but go ahead and get the coach!!! Can't wait to hear about the "End Result".
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:39 PM   #87

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
I have been nothing. but happy with our F550. There was no option about having a 4x4 at the time. On several occasions I have stuck myself in sand. Two of them around Lake Powell I wasn't worried about getting it unstuck, but it was time consuming. If I had 4x4 I would not had any problem - so, I'm for that option. So as I said I'm happy with what I got and I didn't even add anything to the suspension. I had a Dolphin before this, and added everything to get a good ride.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:50 PM   #88

State: Michigan
THOR #13849
thor f-550

We have had ours for about a year and love it--had a few problems but nothing major. The customer service we called at thor was always helpful and quickly solved our problem or question. I haul an enclosed trailer that weighs about 9700 lbs. and the f-550 pulls it with ease--i did change the hitch to a 14,000 lb one because it was adjustable for the height so i could match a pickup i use with the same hitch height. We have an outdoor kitchen in ours with we both love and would recommend to anyone ordering a new one. We had a f-450 motorhome and both my wife and i like driving this so much better and the mirrors are excellent--much better than the 450 we had. I would recommend the unit to everyone..................
Old 10-02-2019, 07:06 PM   #89

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Two years into it and my paint hasn't fallen off yet. That fabric and paint protection process is a joke. If the factory can't paint if well enough that dealers need to charge $2K+ to make it work...they should grade Wakarusa and put in an airport. Same for the "balance beads" or ringy thingy...it's nothing but profit for them. My vote...don't spring for it...but go ahead and get the coach!!! Can't wait to hear about the "End Result".
I decided not spend any money on the paint protection or the Tyron bands.... although I have read some good things about them from a safety perspective. There is another device called the Retroband that I like the look of better. In any case, I'm not going for the paint protection or Tyron bands.

At the moment we have an appointment at 2:00 on Friday for the PDI. So as long as we have our duplicate title by then and the PDI goes ok, we'll be bringing her home Friday evening.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:10 PM   #90

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemitebob View Post
I have been nothing. but happy with our F550. There was no option about having a 4x4 at the time. On several occasions I have stuck myself in sand. Two of them around Lake Powell I wasn't worried about getting it unstuck, but it was time consuming. If I had 4x4 I would not had any problem - so, I'm for that option. So as I said I'm happy with what I got and I didn't even add anything to the suspension. I had a Dolphin before this, and added everything to get a good ride.
Thanks Bob..... I was just so impressed test driving the F-550. It is night and day compared to the E-450. After the suspension upgrades I did to my E-450 it is a dream to drive but the F-550 still beats it hands down. I know after driving it that I won't need to do any suspension updates.

We were looking for the 4x4 so we are glad we could one at a dealer not too far away. It will be piece of mind not to worry about soft camp sites, poor roads or unexpected snow.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:50 PM   #91

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by super stock racer View Post
We have had ours for about a year and love it--had a few problems but nothing major. The customer service we called at thor was always helpful and quickly solved our problem or question. I haul an enclosed trailer that weighs about 9700 lbs. and the f-550 pulls it with ease--i did change the hitch to a 14,000 lb one because it was adjustable for the height so i could match a pickup i use with the same hitch height. We have an outdoor kitchen in ours with we both love and would recommend to anyone ordering a new one. We had a f-450 motorhome and both my wife and i like driving this so much better and the mirrors are excellent--much better than the 450 we had. I would recommend the unit to everyone..................
My wife was pleased this one had an outdoor kitchen. None of the other Super C's we looked at had one. It is small but having a small fridge outside along with a sink outside will be nice.

I'll probably be pulling a Spyder on a 10' aluminum trailer and eventually a Toad of some sort. I have no concerns about it being able to have enough power or handle well enough towing.

I have a 21' aluminum enclosed snowmobile trailer that will haul the Spyder but that would put me about 57' and that is more than I want to be towing. I have towed boats, snowmobile trailers, etc. and am pretty good getting around and have never had an issue. But the reason I went with the Outlaw 29H is I could just drive the Spyder into the garage and not have to tow anything but..... our goals have changed.

Excited to pick up the Magnitude!
Old 10-03-2019, 01:18 AM   #92

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
PSA, NOT A HIJACK
4wd is available for any E350/450/550 1956 through 2020 on any MotorHome chassis, and even those big Nissan vans.

3/36 warranty on new vehicle installs.

Just a heads up for those of us who might want a different floor plan.

The E450 4wd in the pictures has a straight axle in front and a 4"+ lift. It drives/handles beautifully.
It's currently 17 inches to the first tread on the door step.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0721190925.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	20643   Click image for larger version

Name:	0619191605.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	20644  

Click image for larger version

Name:	0619191341a.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	20645   Click image for larger version

Name:	0715191607b.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	20646  

Old 10-03-2019, 01:30 AM   #93

THOR #13932
P. S.
This thread is probably, to me, the most enjoyable of the year.
Friendly, enlightening, cheerful.
I'm a bit jealous of the whole thing.
Title is the only problem... And what a small problem to have.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:51 AM   #94

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
PSA, NOT A HIJACK
4wd is available for any E350/450/550 1956 through 2020 on any MotorHome chassis, and even those big Nissan vans.

3/36 warranty on new vehicle installs.

Just a heads up for those of us who might want a different floor plan.

The E450 4wd in the pictures has a straight axle in front and a 4"+ lift. It drives/handles beautifully.
It's currently 17 inches to the first tread on the door step.
Wow..... I did not know that!!!

17" is some serious lift!

Maybe I just missed it but why don't the MH manufacturers advertise the 4x4? The Magnitude was the first 4x4 I have seen any manufacturer advertise.

If you are ordering a new MH, can you just tell them you want the 4x4 option on the E-450?

Or are you saying you need to take the MH to Ford or an aftermarket shop to have the 4x4 added?

In any case..... that is very cool!
Old 10-03-2019, 09:54 AM   #95

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
P. S.
This thread is probably, to me, the most enjoyable of the year.
Friendly, enlightening, cheerful.
I'm a bit jealous of the whole thing.
Title is the only problem... And what a small problem to have.

LOL...... I am enjoying this thread as well!

Had I known I was going to buy a Magnitude 4x4, the title would be a little different!!!!

When I started it I was just in the mode of research and looking for feedback so over the next 12 months or so I could make a solid and informed decision. Little did I know the DW was going commando and work a deal that we felt was hard to pass up!
Old 10-03-2019, 01:29 PM   #96

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Miramar 37.1 SOLD
State: Michigan
THOR #2972
Service Center (Steve Reed)

Hey, Just a heads up, if you are waiting for a confirmation from Steve Reed at thor he, is no longer there. (He passed away from a heart attack)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Thanks for the information Gritz! Much appreciated.

I know you have posted many good things about Plant 250 in the past. I am taking my Outlaw to the Thor Service Center in early November (still waiting for final confirmation) but I thought about visiting that plant while I am out there waiting for my coach to have some items fixed.

It is reassuring to hear that the F550 is powerful, quiet and handles and rides well. As I understand it the front and rear caps are a fiberglass mold of some type so hopefully that eliminates the issues when carpenter built enclosures are used.

Unless I got a deal I could not pass up right now, I would not purchase one for another 12 - 18 months so that also lets Thor work out any kinks from the 2020 Magnitude SV34 4x4 model... or perhaps I will find a good deal on a left-over (as was the case with my 29H) at that time.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:41 PM   #97

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Another "tidbit"...if it has the QD6000 generator...the oil filter from the factory is super small. It's a brake-in filter. Change it after 50 hours or so. the new one is much bigger with more filter element. Oil change is really easy with drain plug and filter within 1 foot of each other.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:45 AM   #98

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Another "tidbit"...if it has the QD6000 generator...the oil filter from the factory is super small. It's a brake-in filter. Change it after 50 hours or so. the new one is much bigger with more filter element. Oil change is really easy with drain plug and filter within 1 foot of each other.
Thanks for the tip Gritz! That is good to know.

Since you are offering free maintenance advice.....

How's the oil change process on the PowerStroke?
Old 10-04-2019, 08:03 PM   #99

THOR #12751
Just wrapped up the PDI......

Since we had a mini PDI after the test drive last weekend I thought it would be smooth sailing.... but we are all experienced enough now to know better. [emoji849]

Found a water leak of some sort when running the kitchen sink. There is no water in the coach but some water leaking at the sewer bay outside. I suspect the connection at the gray tank.

The House batteries do not seem
To be charging (yes..... I checked the Use / Store switch.... LOL). They say the coach had been plugged in all day but the batteries are down in the low 11 volt range. They donít seem to spike up while plugged into shore power or with the genny running. Iím hoping itís a fuse and not the charger.

Other than that fairly minor stuff. But told them Iím not signing paperwork until everything is fixed.

Keep you all posted!
Old 10-04-2019, 08:27 PM   #100

THOR #13932
If your screens have those miserable small plastic twist to hold clips, make them throw in a dozen.
I don't think anyone has ever found them for sale and I've read that Thor can't come up with any.

That s all I can contribute that hasn't been covered.