Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2020, 10:31 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Alaska
THOR #18758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire View Post
Unfortunately I deleted all my information on the tires and wheel combinations. It was either the duallies wouldn't work with the bigger tires (space between) or the M655 didn't come in a taller size for that rim. I just remember to get an inch taller tire I would have to get different wider rims. Maybe the are making more sizes for the 19.5x6 rim now? Sorry for the confusion.
No need to apologize-to go to a 245, the width increases from 8.9” to 9.6”, the diameter goes from 31.9 to 33.
There’s room in the well but no sure about spacing either.
Anyone know off hand what the offset is on the rims?

Old 10-29-2020, 11:09 PM   #42

Model: Omni XG32
State: California
THOR #18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmthrust View Post
No need to appologize, but To go to a 245, the width increases from 8.9” to 9.6”, the diameter goes from 31.9 tp 33.
There’s room in the well but no sure about spacing either.

It took a little bit but my memory slowly coming back to me. At the rear you have 3/4"-1" from the tire to the fender well. The wider 245 will leave you with 3/8" which is close but good enough. If you need more room you can always take the fender skirts off, trim the siding of the coach back an inch, and then re-attach the skirt to the side. I decided I didn't want to deal with that. I kept the original size and if I have any issues with clearance I can change to the bigger tires later, Or put on a Keldermann air suspension system instead.

Keep in mind, when you go to a more aggressive tire, they take 500-1000 miles to break in. The rig feels really loose during that time.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:18 PM   #43

THOR #18758
Quote:
It took a little bit but my memory slowly coming back to me. At the rear you have 3/4"-1" from the tire to the fender well. The wider 245 will leave you with 3/8" which is close but good enough. If you need more room you can always take the fender skirts off, trim the siding of the coach back an inch, and then re-attach the skirt to the side. I decided I didn't want to deal with that. I kept the original size and if I have any issues with clearance I can change to the bigger tires later, Or put on a Keldermann air suspension system instead.

Keep in mind, when you go to a more aggressive tire, they take 500-1000 miles to break in. The rig feels really loose during that time.
Do you remember how much room is between the tires? Thanks for that great info!
Old 10-29-2020, 11:29 PM   #44

Model: Omni XG32
State: California
THOR #18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmthrust View Post
Do you remember how much room is between the tires? Thanks for that great info!
2 1/2" at the widest part of the tire (narrowest between the duallies) at the rub rail. So you would still have 1 3/4" left. The tires don't bulge much at all especially at the pressures we run at.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:42 PM   #45

THOR #18758
Quote:
2 1/2" at the widest part of the tire (narrowest between the duallies) at the rub rail. So you would still have 1 3/4" left. The tires don't bulge much at all especially at the pressures we run at.
Awesome, thanks for the help! Every little bit of ground clearance helps, plus it gives me an H rated tire=piece of mind. Thanks again.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:21 PM   #46

THOR #18758
Quote:
Unfortunately I deleted all my information on the tires and wheel combinations. It was either the duallies wouldn't work with the bigger tires (space between) or the M655 didn't come in a taller size for that rim. I just remember to get an inch taller tire I would have to get different wider rims. Maybe the are making more sizes for the 19.5x6 rim now? Sorry for the confusion.
Any idea if we can put a 6.5 or 6.75 inch rim on the magnitude?