Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-21-2024, 05:27 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Rhode Island
Posts: 13
THOR #32337
Flush water system that has Girard tankless heater

I have a brand new 2024 Chateau 24f. I need to flush the water system so we can use it. I’ve read my manual and watched some YouTube videos so I'm pretty sure I know how to do it, except for one thing. From what I’ve read and seen, you shouldn’t run the water through the water heater during the sanitation process. However, I cannot find a bypass for my tankless heater. I looked under the dinette seat and though there are hot and cold hose connectors there are no valves. Is turning the heater off all that is required to do the sanitation? Thanks for your help!

__________________
Allizdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 07:16 PM   #2
Member
 
2xred's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tiburon 24FB
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 71
THOR #30039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allizdog View Post
I have a brand new 2024 Chateau 24f. I need to flush the water system so we can use it. Iíve read my manual and watched some YouTube videos so I'm pretty sure I know how to do it, except for one thing. From what Iíve read and seen, you shouldnít run the water through the water heater during the sanitation process. However, I cannot find a bypass for my tankless heater. I looked under the dinette seat and though there are hot and cold hose connectors there are no valves. Is turning the heater off all that is required to do the sanitation? Thanks for your help!
No,bypass is required with a tankless water heater. Remember to remove the filter.
__________________
2xred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 07:42 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Rhode Island
Posts: 13
THOR #32337
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xred View Post
No,bypass is required with a tankless water heater. Remember to remove the filter.
Thanks! Excuse my ignorance, but where would the filter be? The Thor manual indicates an aftermarket filter may be installed. The Girard manual just shows a small filter at the water inlet. I went to the Thor owners resource page also and it didnít have any different information.
__________________
Allizdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 07:53 PM   #4
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 14,628
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allizdog View Post
Thanks! Excuse my ignorance, but where would the filter be? The Thor manual indicates an aftermarket filter may be installed. The Girard manual just shows a small filter at the water inlet. I went to the Thor owners resource page also and it didnít have any different information.
Your RV may have a FW system filter; the WH does not.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad - Selling
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 07:59 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Rhode Island
Posts: 13
THOR #32337
Iím sorry, I donít know what you mean by ďFWĒ and ďWH.Ē
__________________
Allizdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 08:09 PM   #6
Member
 
2xred's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tiburon 24FB
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 71
THOR #30039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allizdog View Post
Iím sorry, I donít know what you mean by ďFWĒ and ďWH.Ē
FW - fresh water

WH - water heater

Your coach has a in line fresh water filter. Mine is under my bathroom sink, in a big white housing. When winterizing or sanitizing itís a good idea to remove it or replace or both. I always replace mine.
__________________
2xred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 10:20 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Rhode Island
Posts: 13
THOR #32337
No filters under my bathroom or kitchen sink (sorry for the blurry photo). But right now that problem goes on the back burner. While looking in the hatches on the outside of the camper, I opened one that apparently houses the electrical for the slide out and one of the indicators was flashing red. According to the key on the unit, one motor has a ďHall power short to ground,Ē whatever that is. Are Thors poorly built or what? I havenít even used it and if this short is something major, it will be the second time Iíve had to bring it back to the dealer for repair. I have a video of the panel if anyone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	34270CEF-3197-4FC8-B713-D861286B4BC4.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	45874   Click image for larger version

Name:	650B4387-B7EF-49B0-8644-91FA8BFA8C11.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	45875  

Click image for larger version

Name:	75CAFEFC-5FF5-4BBB-98A6-D7D7E914F8D6.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	45876  
__________________
Allizdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 10:37 PM   #8
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 14,628
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allizdog View Post
No filters under my bathroom or kitchen sink (sorry for the blurry photo). But right now that problem goes on the back burner. While looking in the hatches on the outside of the camper, I opened one that apparently houses the electrical for the slide out and one of the indicators was flashing red. According to the key on the unit, one motor has a ďHall power short to ground,Ē whatever that is. Are Thors poorly built or what? I havenít even used it and if this short is something major, it will be the second time Iíve had to bring it back to the dealer for repair. I have a video of the panel if anyone is interested.
Does the slide work? That is a common false error on many Schwintek slide controllers.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad - Selling
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 11:14 PM   #9
Member
 
2xred's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tiburon 24FB
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 71
THOR #30039
Yes that happens all the time on my unit too with the slide controller. If your unit is level just run it out and back in and I bet it clears that fault.
__________________
2xred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 10:24 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Rhode Island
Posts: 13
THOR #32337
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Does the slide work? That is a common false error on many Schwintek slide controllers.
It did when I extended it as it is now. I'll give it a try to see if it retracts. Thanks!
__________________
Allizdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 10:25 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Rhode Island
Posts: 13
THOR #32337
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xred View Post
Yes that happens all the time on my unit too with the slide controller. If your unit is level just run it out and back in and I bet it clears that fault.
Thanks! I hope that is the case. I'll retract the slide and see what happens.
__________________
Allizdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 10:54 AM   #12
Member
 
2xred's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tiburon 24FB
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 71
THOR #30039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allizdog View Post
Thanks! I hope that is the case. I'll retract the slide and see what happens.

Remember to hold the button for the slide for 5 seconds after the slide stops as per the instructions to make sure the sync is complete
__________________
2xred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2